PrettyTiny Film Company Pic-A-Week **2021**! (The End)
Uh-oh, now I know why the chilies aren't developing that well yet: noone has cheered on them! New flowers are constantly popping up (the basil is also in bloom), but no actual fruits are forming - looks like I need to find someone to cheer on them, the problem is, I don't think I have anyone who's good at that. Got to check if I have cheerleading outfit and equipment in my Monster High stash...

(07-08-2021, 02:52 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Hehe, we are total opposites there.  On a winter day, if it's sunny and someone says something like "nice day", I'm hard pressed to not growl, "IT'S TOO COLD".   
...actually, that reaction starts around the end of September....   slash

It looks like we'd need to swap places smile you have all the greenery, beaches and clear, salty water, and the snow that I love! It isn't like I'm good at handling cold, but I'll handle it anytime in exchange of some snow - plus, cold is at least something you can do something against. As I am sitting here now in the approx. 35 degrees, feeling sweat rolling down my leg and neck, and there isn't really any more layers to take off (no I'm not going to follow Samantha's practices Tongue ) I cannot help but have angry thoughts about the hot, and I would happily send it over to you ^^
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Aw, she even has a carrot-colored pom pom!
Thanks, all smile  The carrots are still struggling... they're only a tiny bit bigger >sigh< but the beets & chard are going great guns -- and yup, in just a little over a month they were big enough to start thinning.  I am delighted.  Still holding out hope for the carrots.

You may recall our recent new addition... Glorianna was a sudden Amazon whim who arrived last month.  She had a "curvy" body, which I have nothing against, but while they're making diverse body types, why couldn't they include some articulation??  Maybe on the bigger limbs it's harder to do...?  Anyway, with nothing moveable but hips and shoulders, she was pretty limited in what she could do.  Plus it looks like most 1/6 clothes wouldn't fit. I spent too much time looking at replacement bodies on eBay & Aliex-press, and finally decided to give this very cheap eBay one a try.  It's not a perfect match -- still interested in finding that -- but it's pretty close and will do for now.  It's much lighter so I don't know how long it will last, either, but, I wasn't spending $40 to rebody the $13 Barbie.  
Their heads are really solidly attached nowadays -- ouch!  And the drawback with this one is her head won't tilt sad  I guess you can't have everything.
Here she is following her out-of-body ex-perience.

[Image: 51310295696_953d636580_o.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She looks like she enjoys being able to move now.
Funny pic! Brings to mind one of those weight loss program ads!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
She looks way more cheerful with being able to move.

I have seen articulated curvy Barbies, there was one with a boom box (radio), that was available here for a while.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I honestly don't understand why they even continue making dolls with massively limited articulation after they've invented the "ne plus ultra of playline articulation" that is the M2M body (which does exist also in a curvy shape). I guess the M2M body must cost considerably more to produce, and I don't say they should put out every single doll on that body from now on, but they could at least use a body that is still articulated, like the one that you have rebodied Glorianna on. And they could have a like for little kids with the limited articulation body, because I imagine that does stand up better to actual child's play - but I don't think the Fashionista line is targeted mainly at the littlest fans of Barbie.

Fashionistas on the stiff stick bodies are almost like they were dress&head fashion packs (which is what many collectors are buying them for), and Mattel is trying to get more money for them by adding the crappily articulated body to serve as a mannequin. At one point Barbie had a line with fashion pack heads, I'd rather see the company going down that path and sell clothing and individual heads for base characters (the dolls of which would then have to be well-articulated and they should come with a neck peg that is easier to manage). All I see in these crappy bodies is the excess plastic that Mattel as a big company should really try to cut down on...

It's nice to see Glorianna being able to actually pose - she seems happy about the change as well! smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
She looks very pleased with herself!
Thanks, all grin

(07-14-2021, 05:52 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: I have seen articulated curvy Barbies, there was one with a boom box (radio), that was available here for a while.
I kind of thought I'd seen one somewhere once, which was why I was perplexed by this body.

(07-14-2021, 11:29 PM)Loona Wrote: I honestly don't understand why they even continue making dolls with massively limited articulation after they've invented the "ne plus ultra of playline articulation" that is the M2M body ....And they could have a like for little kids with the limited articulation body, because I imagine that does stand up better to actual child's play - but I don't think the Fashionista line is targeted mainly at the littlest fans of Barbie.
Yeah... while it probably costs considerably more, they might sell more. And they could price them higher than the $13 I paid for Glori!! I'd happily have paid more for a better original body and saved sooo much time trawling around looking for a replacement.
Glori's original body is really solid and would definitely be suited to a heavily-played-with doll. I thought Fashionistas were for a little older market too, but, she seemed very much like a playline doll.
Anyway, I guess we're both happy with the replacement so far wink

-------------

...Ooops! I startled a fairy in the yard!!
Do you think if I wait quietly she'll come back....??

[Image: 51328312990_dfc656818a_c.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
What a delightful little sprite! A rare capture, indeed!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-22-2021, 04:19 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Anyway, I guess we're both happy with the replacement so far wink
And that's all what matters in the end ^^

The little fairy is adorable! Dormouse is a Little Pullip I've been contemplating for a long time, her dark green hair and purple eyes go so well together! For now I've decided she wouldn't really 'fit in' with the family (whatever that means), but decisions like this can always change, especially with enabling pics like this. I really like the movement here, she does look startled despite the Littles' limited articulation. That mushroom is wonderful! Did you take this in your garden, or somewhere near? I wish I had places like this in the nearby (well, ahem, it's also me who enjoys living in the city centre, so that's what I get...).
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
That is so cute. Wish we had a fairy in our garden.
The fairy is adorable. She looks quite suprised to have been photographed above the mushroom.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
She looks like she's ready to cast a spell on the mushroom. (Do fairies cast spells? )
Thanks, everyone!  grin

(07-23-2021, 07:23 AM)Loona Wrote: ... Dormouse is a Little Pullip I've been contemplating for a long time
That mushroom is wonderful! Did you take this in your garden, or somewhere near?
Dooo itttt!!  xp
Backyard.  It was enormous.  Too bad, I didn't get any more photos after Doryn's shoot because within a couple of days the slugs got it sad

(07-26-2021, 03:42 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: (Do fairies cast spells? )
Apparently they do.  (I googled xp )

This week's pic is a mashup of Dal House Forum challenges to recreate art or photos, and the "dolls copying human models" idea. And shot in a swarm of mosquitoes; ugh this climate.

[Image: TROS-Rey-training-Ajan-Kloss.jpg]

[Image: 51338958075_30742bc159_o.jpg]
"I'm Samantha.  .... Samantha Skywalker."  
LOL