Dollhouses - Show them off here
(09-04-2017, 07:01 PM)rubyperidot Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 02:17 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 10:09 AM)redrenard Wrote: I just bought some backdrops off of ebay. Which were not too expensive plus I got one free cause the seller made the wrong one
I've seen some really neat backdrops in some people's photos but never went shopping for any myself.
I tried sticking a calendar page in behind my J-dolls in their cabinet, but they're a bit too crammed-in and it doesn't show. But anyway, if you had a very large calendar, you could use a page from it for an outdoor backdrop.

You can just buy fat quarters of material with various textures on the back and use them as back drops/floor as well.
Scrapbook paper works, too, for Dal and shorter dolls or if you aren't taking head to toe photos.
(09-01-2017, 04:20 AM)MapleLeaf Wrote: Looks great!
You've put a lot of work into putting it all together. Happy
Tank you~! yes it's more fun than I thought re-arranging and transforming the doll room. With 1/12 scale it can sometimes be frustrating because so small.. but 1/6 scale is just pick up and play LOL.

(09-03-2017, 10:38 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: This little boy is very lucky to have a dolly mommy like you. I love how this room develops. This hobby helps releasing stress that for sure!!!
Thank you for your kind words! I wish my real room was as clean as the doll room haha but that's why It's so relaxing to play with it.

(09-03-2017, 06:44 PM)rubyperidot Wrote: Will you get him a friend to share his room?
YES! I AM! I was lucky and bought an Isul MIO second hand from someone who changed their mind about customizing! This particular character has several brothers, but he also has a "twin" named Fudou Yukimitsu, another famous Tantou Owned by Oda Nobunaga. Fudou will probably not have an official doll in the same line as Yagen, so I will make a custom! Already finished his wig and have his eye chips.. just need to do face and clothing. Soon!

It will be a little cramped to share such a small space lol.

(09-04-2017, 11:27 AM)Alliecat Wrote: So many great little details. Nice job smile
Love the little laser-cut thingies!
Thank you! The details are where the fun is haha.
While browsing the time waster that is Pinterest, a came across a pin that led me to this website with some great inspiration for turning decorative storage boxes and cases into rooms for dolls. Sorry if you're not a Blythe fan, but you could easily substitute your favorite Pullip or Dal for Blythe in these rooms.

I've picked up a few of these boxes at Tuesday Morning while cruising for cheap Pullips with the idea of doing something like this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. You can also find them at Jo Ann Fabrics and Michaels craft stores. I don't doubt there are other stores that carry them, too.

http://www.mydeliciousbliss.com/p/delici...runks.html

and another pin led me to this Flickr user: https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=110690397%40N03&text=case&view_all=1
(09-17-2017, 12:45 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: While browsing the time waster that is Pinterest, a came across a pin that led me to this website with some great inspiration for turning decorative storage boxes and cases into rooms for dolls. Sorry if you're not a Blythe fan, but you could easily substitute your favorite Pullip or Dal for Blythe in these rooms.

I've picked up a few of these boxes at Tuesday Morning while cruising for cheap Pullips with the idea of doing something like this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. You can also find them at Jo Ann Fabrics and Michaels craft stores. I don't doubt there are other stores that carry them, too.

http://www.mydeliciousbliss.com/p/delici...runks.html

and another pin led me to this Flickr user: https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=110690397%40N03&text=case&view_all=1

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing Happy
I'll definitely use this.
I think fishy made something similar a few years ago. Why I didn't remember this concept! Thank you for the post. I have so many miniature stuff it would be cute to utilize them this way
OH!! These cases are great! and this is a great idea! I actually use one of these cases as a travel case for my Isul! (lined in cloth covered cotton batting and foam lol) --> https://myfigurecollection.net/picture/1738547&ref=user%3AJetspectacular
Those cases are so cool! I love that they can be easily put away when not in use.
I've always wanted to create a dollhouse to display my Re-Ment collection, but I just don't have the space, and I'm always worried I will lose pieces since some of them are sooo tiny.

Here are a few diorama's I've made in the past:
[Image: 16814771075_5bfc71d4ff.jpg]

[Image: 9684782669_c8fe019800.jpg]

[Image: 9295336827_cc15c573cb.jpg] [Image: 11991001343_a686e64769.jpg]

[Image: 16699472282_3bda13745d.jpg]
That is so cute, holyponiesbatman! So many details and tiny props. smile
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
I love rement and you have the cutest pieces! Mine sit in boxes as well sad
Wow, those look terrific! I have no place to put rement, really, so I try to avoid accumulating it. But it's fun to see what others do with it. Love all the little details here. smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thanks, everyone! Going through all my doll things has kind of inspired me to set up another diorama. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. smile
Those are some great photos of Re-ment pieces. I love that little bluebird. He's one of my favorites. I'd really like to set up my Re-ment kitchen in a box that would let me pull it out and have it ready to use for photos.
I wanted share my distressed dollie house. My inspiration came from having some mold in my house after the recent Hurricane. I kept having dreams where my whole house had it. Still need to add some furniture.

[Image: 37316803006_af1b62c48d.jpg]Distressed Diorama by Doll Parts, on Flickr
First of all having mold in the house sucks! Hope it was remedied. But I love how you turned that into this beautiful room. It will be great with matching furniture
Wow, that looks gorgeous (in a distressed way)!