Happy 10th Birthday DM!!

Dollhouses - Show them off here
09-05-2017, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 12:57 PM by Cornflower Blue.)
RE: Dollhouses - Show them off here
(09-04-2017 07:01 PM)rubyperidot Wrote:  
(04-14-2017 02:17 PM)Alliecat Wrote:  
(04-14-2017 10:09 AM)redrenard Wrote:  I just bought some backdrops off of ebay. Which were not too expensive plus I got one free cause the seller made the wrong one
I've seen some really neat backdrops in some people's photos but never went shopping for any myself.
I tried sticking a calendar page in behind my J-dolls in their cabinet, but they're a bit too crammed-in and it doesn't show. But anyway, if you had a very large calendar, you could use a page from it for an outdoor backdrop.

You can just buy fat quarters of material with various textures on the back and use them as back drops/floor as well.
Scrapbook paper works, too, for Dal and shorter dolls or if you aren't taking head to toe photos.

My Flickr
My Feedback
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2017, 06:19 AM
(09-01-2017 04:20 AM)MapleLeaf Wrote:  Looks great!
You've put a lot of work into putting it all together. Happy
Tank you~! yes it's more fun than I thought re-arranging and transforming the doll room. With 1/12 scale it can sometimes be frustrating because so small.. but 1/6 scale is just pick up and play LOL.

(09-03-2017 10:38 AM)Offgenemi Wrote:  This little boy is very lucky to have a dolly mommy like you. I love how this room develops. This hobby helps releasing stress that for sure!!!
Thank you for your kind words! I wish my real room was as clean as the doll room haha but that's why It's so relaxing to play with it.

(09-03-2017 06:44 PM)rubyperidot Wrote:  Will you get him a friend to share his room?
YES! I AM! I was lucky and bought an Isul MIO second hand from someone who changed their mind about customizing! This particular character has several brothers, but he also has a "twin" named Fudou Yukimitsu, another famous Tantou Owned by Oda Nobunaga. Fudou will probably not have an official doll in the same line as Yagen, so I will make a custom! Already finished his wig and have his eye chips.. just need to do face and clothing. Soon!

It will be a little cramped to share such a small space lol.

(09-04-2017 11:27 AM)Alliecat Wrote:  So many great little details. Nice job smile
Love the little laser-cut thingies!
Thank you! The details are where the fun is haha.
Find all posts by this user
09-17-2017, 12:45 AM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2017 01:36 AM by Cornflower Blue.)
While browsing the time waster that is Pinterest, a came across a pin that led me to this website with some great inspiration for turning decorative storage boxes and cases into rooms for dolls. Sorry if you're not a Blythe fan, but you could easily substitute your favorite Pullip or Dal for Blythe in these rooms.

I've picked up a few of these boxes at Tuesday Morning while cruising for cheap Pullips with the idea of doing something like this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. You can also find them at Jo Ann Fabrics and Michaels craft stores. I don't doubt there are other stores that carry them, too.

http://www.mydeliciousbliss.com/p/delici...runks.html

and another pin led me to this Flickr user: https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=1...view_all=1

My Flickr
My Feedback
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2017, 06:56 AM
(09-17-2017 12:45 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote:  While browsing the time waster that is Pinterest, a came across a pin that led me to this website with some great inspiration for turning decorative storage boxes and cases into rooms for dolls. Sorry if you're not a Blythe fan, but you could easily substitute your favorite Pullip or Dal for Blythe in these rooms.

I've picked up a few of these boxes at Tuesday Morning while cruising for cheap Pullips with the idea of doing something like this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. You can also find them at Jo Ann Fabrics and Michaels craft stores. I don't doubt there are other stores that carry them, too.

http://www.mydeliciousbliss.com/p/delici...runks.html

and another pin led me to this Flickr user: https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=1...view_all=1

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing Happy
I'll definitely use this.
09-20-2017, 02:14 AM
I think fishy made something similar a few years ago. Why I didn't remember this concept! Thank you for the post. I have so many miniature stuff it would be cute to utilize them this way

Feedback thread for offgenemi