Kirakishou
I was just curious what a Kirakishou (from Rozen Maiden) in good condition is currently going for. Thanks!
I saw one on here for around $500 If I remember correct she was only missing the bunny.
I love Kirakishou but how hard is she to get these days and how much would you expect to pay for her?
My GirlsUdatedpullips2
These days, I only see her on ebay for 1000+ I know that HannahNoFace got her for like 600 MIB, but I think she just got lucky XD

[Image: 4411431791_d1aa67b3b7_o.png]

Wow ouch lol i guess she doesnt come up that often deboxed?
My GirlsUdatedpullips2
Nope. I see her go for 900+, usually always MIB

-BJDs : LM Harmony Chloe, Soom Galena, OR-doll Eris, Souldoll Madalyn, BC Bellezza Carla, La Légende de Temps Edria, nDoll Lovers Ver Yuko, Spiritdoll Blanc White Queen Heart Heart

-My flickr
I bought a NIB Kirakishou last year on Yahoo Japan for about $500, I've since sold her on though ^^;
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
Crazy peaople! @_@ 1000$$$$$$$$$$?!
applecandy mela. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
LOOKING FOR: nudeAlberich, Alberich eyechips, nude Asuka, nude Sol, nude Rayne, MIB or NRFB Lala, Suiseiseki & Souseiseki stock wigs, cheap Filato stock wig, MIB or NRFB Another Queen, nude AQ, nude Chelsea, nude Naomi, nude Haute LA, any Pullip head, any bloomers or petticoat or apron.
Please PM if you have to sell. XP Let's share Squiby click! Click here to see my fierce beasts. XD
wow is a crazy price
how much did you pay Applecandy?
My GirlsUdatedpullips2
A Kirakishou that I recently helped someone acquire was actually $650. She was MIB but with cracked wrists and her hair had been removed from the plastic tubes.

If anyone else would really, really like a Kirakishou I'd recommend that they consider a layaway plan to get one.
(09-28-2010, 01:32 PM)love4dollz Wrote: wow is a crazy price
how much did you pay Applecandy?

I don't own a Kirakisho, I think it's not worthwhile to spend more than 200$ for a doll, or 300$ if rare, but no more. But it's only my opinion, of course.
In example, I'd like to have Isolde and Jouet but I'm aware I'll never have them.
I'd get Kirakisho only to complete the Rozen Maiden collection (I'm not even sure I'll get Barasuisho since they are related).
I wonder why would someone spend 1000$ or more on a single doll, but it's only me.

applecandy mela. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
LOOKING FOR: nudeAlberich, Alberich eyechips, nude Asuka, nude Sol, nude Rayne, MIB or NRFB Lala, Suiseiseki & Souseiseki stock wigs, cheap Filato stock wig, MIB or NRFB Another Queen, nude AQ, nude Chelsea, nude Naomi, nude Haute LA, any Pullip head, any bloomers or petticoat or apron.
Please PM if you have to sell. XP Let's share Squiby click! Click here to see my fierce beasts. XD
I'm exactly the same applecandy, I don't like having expensive dolls over $200 as I feel it's a little over the top and unnecessary >__<
It's not that I can't afford it, I just wouldn't do it. That's just my opinion of course, but if someone buys a really expensive doll and gets a lot of happiness out of it, then fair enough - But I could never do it.

Kirakishou may be worth $1000 to many people, but I'm not one of them lol XD

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

- The Girls -
Veritas My Melody x 2 Hello Kitty x 2
Nina Chill x 2 Papin Fanatica Nana Chan
Greggia Nahh-Ato x 4 Ddalgi Stella Sfoglia
Lunatic Queen x 2 Peter Pan '14 Kirakishou Nanette
La Robe Vert Clair Favorite Ribbon Prupate x 2
Yeolume x 2 Puki JouJou x 2 Maretti
Sucre Chanti Heart Macaron

>> Click to add me on Flickr <<
>> Click to add me on Tumblr <<

It's all very relative, and I think it depends on how much disposable income each person has. What can be deemed "a reasonable limit for the price of a doll" can only ever be based on one's individual circumstances, and not any truly objective standard. Such a thing can't be generalized. After all, even what some here have mentioned as the limit they think a doll should ever be worth, might like to consider that in some parts of the world even the average of $90-$100 for a regular release Pullip sounds laughably insane to people who barely eke out a living or make enough to eat or clothe themselves (sadly this is true of a very large number of the world's population).

I think the only real measure of how much each person should spring for a doll they really like depends on whether they will be inconvenienced in any way by that purchase. If you're scrimping and saving and borrowing, then even the price of a regular release and still widely available Pullip is too much. But if you're the Maharani of India, well, you get my drift Tongue

Also, what's the difference between spending $1000 on ten dolls or $1000 on one doll, if that's what someone prefers? It's still the same amount of money going into this lovely yet rather frivolous hobby. What makes one better than the other? Is having many cheap items better than having one expensive one? Is the person with a lot of cheaper dolls somehow better or more clever than a person who buys one really expensive doll? And is the person who can afford to do both somehow silly or bad or something? :/

Basically to be against the idea of uber-expensive dolls is to be against the idea of sports cars, haute couture, designer jewelry, 6-star hotels etc. etc. It's a kind of reverse-superiority complex that looks down on luxury in general. It really doesn't make sense.

Unless you're the bare-bones essentials kind of person who believes in only buying what one needs to survive and donating all the rest to charity. But I don't think that really applies to any of us doll lovers here on DM smile... Unless you'd like to argue that dolls are a living-essential. In that case I'd be very interested in hearing that argument... It might come in useful when I try to justify my expenses to my family wink
Nicely said Fire i totally agree grin
My GirlsUdatedpullips2
(09-29-2010, 11:51 PM)NectarineFire Wrote: Basically to be against the idea of uber-expensive dolls is to be against the idea of sports cars, haute couture, designer jewelry, 6-star hotels etc. etc. It's a kind of reverse-superiority complex that looks down on luxury in general. It really doesn't make sense.

I never said I was "against" it. Sweatdrop
I simply don't understand it or want to spend that amount of money on my hobby - There's a big difference. As I already said, if someone else get's the happiness they expect out of that doll they feel is worth $1000, then fair enough and good for them. I'm obviously not so serious and into collecting Pullips as many others are, which is normal as everyone has different preferences when collecting anything, surely?

I think you've looked way too deeply in to what I said, because none of what I've mentioned is anywhere near on the level of a "reverse-superiority complex" o___o *confused* I just wouldn't pay $1000 for a doll, would you?

- The Girls -
Veritas My Melody x 2 Hello Kitty x 2
Nina Chill x 2 Papin Fanatica Nana Chan
Greggia Nahh-Ato x 4 Ddalgi Stella Sfoglia
Lunatic Queen x 2 Peter Pan '14 Kirakishou Nanette
La Robe Vert Clair Favorite Ribbon Prupate x 2
Yeolume x 2 Puki JouJou x 2 Maretti
Sucre Chanti Heart Macaron

>> Click to add me on Flickr <<
>> Click to add me on Tumblr <<