Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion - Challenge 3 of Round 2
Challenge 3 Entries

Which entries did you like best?
Which were the most creative?
Discuss your thoughts about challenge 3.
TrotCon 2017 - Kana's Secret Base: Pokemon Collection - Dragon Adventures Crafting
[Image: 33576409126_99f0b825d1_o.png]
Aribelle Izumi - Tsuki Izumi - Kyouka Hibiki - Zenzi Barenfang - Pita Pepper - Parfait Pepper - Myuu - Peanut Bucker - Lumisade Peura

Well, I absolutely adored this challenge, myself, and I think everyone's entries are spectacular! There's so much beautiful 80's love going on around here. ^^

I love Charlotte with her cassette tape with the pen stuck in it to wind it up--a memory I still haven't forgotten from the age before CDs! Berry's Olivia Newton-John impersonation is too cute. Jahna sitting on a Rubik's cube is just a super fun and spunky pic. And finally, Kotono's big hair made me laugh--in a good way, of course!

Hooray for the 80's! <3
I found this challenge a little difficult. (Not that I don't like the '80s, but I'm clueless with clothes and fashion.) That said, I had a bunch of favorites in this bunch. Katie Rose with her accessories (yay My Little Pony!), Umber in her cute little outfit, and the painfully bright colors that Torrent is wearing all caught my eye.

I did not get the pen in the cassette in Charlotte's pic, thanks for clearing that up PinkCow!
[Image: dollbbc.php?sex=girl&back=0000&friendsu=...ch=u_a1_59][Image: dollbbc.php?sex=boy&back=0000&friendsu=0...&acch=0000][Image: dollbbc.php?sex=girl&back=0000&friendsu=...ch=u_a1_44]
..... Berry [MPC] ... Sherbert [Erenfried]..Tessla [Sooni]
I was most amused by Kotono's hair *lol*
I loved Ravenwcatz' entry, with all the miniature record sleeves (especially the Kraftwerk and Depeche Mode album sleeves- here's a Dal with good musical taste! :3)

Ailis once again looked adorable, and was definitely onto a winner by choosing the VHS cover for The Breakfast Club- great film!
Miami vice, Dynasty, Uk Punk, fluro leggings... oh the 80s had such a funny mi of stuff going on.
I love Katsu Curry and her little bit of attitude. Torrent is ... BRIGHT, but if he was making the video you would definitely see him!
Kotono is currently undergoing major hair moisturising treatments in the hope her hair is back to normal for round 4.
Coffee is my pride. Dollies are my joy.
Feedback
This was the hardest challenge for me too, although I think it is my best photo. The 80s was the one decade I wasn't collecting new dolls! Torrent gets a nod from me for watching WKRP. I think Jilly really captures the whole loud-and-clashing 80s feeling. But the winner for me in this group is Berry (she even has her name on her shirt!). LittleSu managed the look I was going for with Umber only much better.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
I loved Torrent - considering he's a boy, his outfit is even more hilarious. I thought Umber looked great, True- her rainbow legwarmers were especially realistic looking and brought back 80s memories for me. Ailis gets points for the more subtle breakfast club- type 80s look - Claire would definitely approve. wink
Cinna's ode to Madonna was well done too, and Spencer's record collection is enviable. I could go on and on- there were lots of details I liked. I really can't choose a favorite.
Personally, this was my least favorite challenge. I had really had to dig to find something 80s to wear. I was worried somebody else would use Papin's stock as well, I was impressed (and relieved) nobody else had to use more than little bits of it!
Requiem blew me away for the third time in a row, her photos are amazing xD

I loved Saruwarui's take on 80's madonna, I think she got it bang on! <3
its a bit difficult if you don't have much clothes for some challenges. sad
or other supplies.
:O Where's Pia?? I know I got you Molly Dolly's Entry for her because of her "situation". Thanks so much!
(09-09-2009, 05:41 AM)Apple Crisp Wrote: :O Where's Pia?? I know I got you Molly Dolly's Entry for her because of her "situation". Thanks so much!

You didnt send a picture, from your wording it sounded like she had to drop out. If you resend the picture I will add it.
TrotCon 2017 - Kana's Secret Base: Pokemon Collection - Dragon Adventures Crafting
[Image: 33576409126_99f0b825d1_o.png]
Aribelle Izumi - Tsuki Izumi - Kyouka Hibiki - Zenzi Barenfang - Pita Pepper - Parfait Pepper - Myuu - Peanut Bucker - Lumisade Peura

Torrent is awesome in that leotard.... The whole photo is filled with spandex win.