Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge 3 - Props
The theme is Props
Note: This challenge is not about how many props you have, its about the use them within the photo. For this challenge you basically get to choose your own theme.

This challenge will run from February 16th-21st
Entries are due by February 21st at Midnight EST
Judging will be on the 22nd

--You will have 6 days to take your photo and submit it.
--There will be 1 day of judging between challenges. You can and will be disqualified if your photo is not in by the due date.
--All files should be 500x375 or 375x500.
--All files should be emailed to Dalicious@dollymarket.net with the name of the challenge and the contestants name in the subject.

Entries Received:

Ally - Lapetite
Callie - Nuwandalice
Cookie - PairofWings
Evie Crane - Witchit
Emaline - Sheepie

Fuyi - Aquinosejuega
Katsu Curry - Taquito - King
Kindle - Hina Ichigo
Lark - Babelglyph
Mae - SoshiLovesSushi

Marlee - Holyponiesbatman
Phoebe - Joni
Raikou - MizukiKitty
Robin - Stephie97
Spencer - Ravenwcatz

Tancy - Mckenna
Taylor - HarukaKat
TrotCon 2017 - Kana's Secret Base: Pokemon Collection - Dragon Adventures Crafting
[Image: 33576409126_99f0b825d1_o.png]
Aribelle Izumi - Tsuki Izumi - Kyouka Hibiki - Zenzi Barenfang - Pita Pepper - Parfait Pepper - Myuu - Peanut Bucker - Lumisade Peura

Do I take re-ment to mean any kind of miniature or prop? Or does it mean specifically re-ment? Because if that is the case, you are kind of putting a lot of people at a disadvantage. Myself included.
That's one thought that came to mind with me too...While I do have a few Re-ment sets thanks to Truefan and Rivet, most of my props aren't actually Re-ment, and not everyone seems to have sets from them. Sweatdrop
[Image: thrTaNemini.gif]
I agree, I really have a problem with this theme. I think it potentially really limits or even excludes some people from this round. Re-ment is a very specific brand and it's quite an assumption to think everyone in this competition owns some, let alone enough to produce an entry they're happy with.
I'm not in the competition, but I've been following it and I agree with the above postings. "Re-ment" is much too narrow of a theme and is unfair to those who don't have any to work with.
As a causal observer, might I suggest changing the theme from "Re-ment" to "Props"? Unless you are being sponsored by Re-ment, I see no reason to make it company-specific. While many doll people might own miniatures, or could even use something else in their lives as a prop, they may not specifically own re-ment brand.

If what you said is true:
Quote:Note: This challenge is not about how many props you have, its about the use of re-ment within the photo. For this challenge you basically get to choose your own theme.
Why can it not just be about how well a PROP is used in the photo, and not about the specific use of a re-ment item?

The use of a prop can be a fun, and there is a challenge with how to emphasize both the prop and the doll, in the contest. But it doesn't make any sense to exclude someone who doesn't own any re-ment brand miniatures from this challenge.
I agree again with the above- making it about Props in general and not specifically about Re-Ment could be tons of fun!
I'm sure people would be able to get/make props and miniatures if needed but re-ment specifically? Like some have already said it gives an unfair advantage to those who have re-ment and a mass disadvantage to those who don't.
I think even if you include other miniatures *like* rement it's still a very narrow subject -- "props" is more general and can include bigger people-sized things too. I have very few rement-type accessories and I used most of them in my first Dalicious photoshoots even if I didn't submit it, and I wouldn't feel very good about submitting basically the same kind of pictures as for the first round. I know some of the people who are entered in this contest are new collectors who probably don't have much rement at all, if any -- I only got some last PUDDLE after having been in the hobby for two years.

Please, please consider opening this round to "props" and not just "rement". sad
It has been changed.
TrotCon 2017 - Kana's Secret Base: Pokemon Collection - Dragon Adventures Crafting
[Image: 33576409126_99f0b825d1_o.png]
Aribelle Izumi - Tsuki Izumi - Kyouka Hibiki - Zenzi Barenfang - Pita Pepper - Parfait Pepper - Myuu - Peanut Bucker - Lumisade Peura

Thank you for making it a broader theme, Robyn! grin Heart 2
I expect to see a lot of fun and creative photos of Dals with cute little props!
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
I sent mine in earlier today, lemme know if you got it~ Heart 2

Edit: Yay! My email seems to be working fine again LOL
Just sent my entry in. Please let me know if it arrived to you.
Sent mine in~
Flickr
also buy my dolls