We got an office!
Looks amazing! You did such a great job!
Thanks everyone! I'm rather proud of this room so I'm so glad everyone likes it so much smile

(06-11-2011, 07:40 PM)NectarineFire Wrote: Amazing! How did you make that iMac and iPad?? *0* Or those windows? Waaah it all looks so pristine *u*

Do you have a tutorial on how to make some of those things? smile
(06-12-2011, 05:53 AM)KiraKira Wrote: I love your office! Were you the one with the really nice ikea cabinet with working lights? I think it would be awesome if you could show us how to make those props...
Yes, I have the red Ikea cabinet with click on lights smile

As for how I made the props, they're all basically made out of papers, foam core, etc, basically things I had around the house. I just had to calculate the scale, create templates on Illustrator, print them out, then trim and assemble. I'm not good with tutorial but I can certainly share my templates.

*It seems they automatically convert my file sizes so you won't be able to download them in the original dimension. You can just resize these yourself or I can email you the actual templates if you PM me*

IMAC
[Image: 5824437455_03e0ce932c_m.jpg][Image: 5824997318_4659636388_m.jpg]
[Image: %2525E2%252580%2525A2iMac%252520Template.jpg]
I wanted the computer to look glossy and metallic, so I printed out my template on a regular paper then cut it out on card stocks. Silver was actually from some car catalogue I've saved because I liked the paper and black part came from a calendar. As for the stand, I doubled up on the paper so it would have more structure, although it still can't quite hold up the computer and had to be taped to the desk. I cut out a small slit on the back of the monitor to attach it to the stand. I'm missing the screen shot because my printer ran out of ink, but I'll be printing that out on a glossy photo paper later.

I initially made the screen larger, after calculating the actual dimension of the 27" monitor then reducing it down proportionately. But for some reason that just LOOKED off so I ended up making it smaller.

[Image: 5824437837_c5828f4916_m.jpg]
Keyboard is actually temporary, again because my printer was out of ink. But it's basically the template printed out then the top portion rolled up to look like how the actual keyboard looks like. This one is actually quite larger than it should be which is what I wanted initially, but I might make it a bit smaller when I make my final one.

BOXES
[Image: 5824997958_dd1d4a2021_m.jpg][Image: 5824437691_28d0559690_m.jpg]
[Image: File%252520Boxes%252520Template.jpg]
I used scrapbooking papers for these, and because I couldn't run them directly through my printer I had to print out the template on regular paper then trim them against the patterned paper. Pretty straight forward although a bit of a pain wink
The window is my favorite part of the room! I really wanted the windows but couldn't afford the wooden dollhouse windows so decided to make my own.
[Image: 5824997794_0396d9d62f.jpg]
[Image: Dollhouse%252520Window%252520Template.jpg]
Again I created the template in Illustrator, then cut each pieces out on the foam core and card stock then pieced them together. The outer trims are foam core and inner ones are card stock. Then I printed out the back drop on a glossy photo paper.
Thanks for sharing all of this hon. It's really nice when someone makes something awesome & shares it for people to enjoy.
wow ! I totally love your office!
I always admire the skills ppl got to make such tiny rooms .. I think I lack them T^T
I totally would love to build in some rooms for my girls ><
[Image: benotat-1a00194846.gif]

Feedbacks
Ebay Etsy

♥ My Family ♥
Pullips
Suiseiseki (Ginger) Amarri (Aiko-Chan) Dita (Emmie) Blanche (Raya) Chelsea (Candy) Xiao-Fan (Peach) Lolli (Chloi) Jasmine (Kirsche) Bianca (Lunatic Queen) Anica (Lunatic Queen) Veritas (2nd hand) Veritas (2nd hand) Raphia (custom) Nahh-Ato (custom) MM (MIB) Cinci (MIB) Prunella (MIB) Tiphona (MIB)

Dals
Puki (Clair) Cinnamoroll (BonBon)

Taeyangs
Wayne (Alex) Butler (Edwen)

BJD
LF Rachel face plate

Looking for:
Pullips: Rida - Papin
BJD: FairyLand Face Plates for Pukifee + Littlefee - FairyLand LittleFee body - Unoa Face plate

[Image: benotat-1a00194846.gif]
(06-13-2011, 04:57 AM)Teslithia Wrote: Thanks for sharing all of this hon. It's really nice when someone makes something awesome & shares it for people to enjoy.
They're pretty basic templates anyway, it just took me some time to figure out the right dimensions and stuff. I'm sure anyone with as much free time as me could've done the same. LOL.

Yeah but you know what I mean. ^_~
Nice, thank you for posting the templates! I think I'll give it a try (at least those windows, they are such a nice touch)!
|http://www.dollsalad.com- my doll gallery, 80% updated! | |My Flickr| |DM Feedback|
(06-13-2011, 10:19 AM)Teslithia Wrote: Yeah but you know what I mean. ^_~
I sure do! wink

(06-13-2011, 10:21 AM)mrsmarks Wrote: Nice, thank you for posting the templates! I think I'll give it a try (at least those windows, they are such a nice touch)!
Good luck and let me know how it turns out!