Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which generation do you collect? & what are your thoughts?
I used to have a TON of G1s, but they were taking up too much space and I had gotten a little bored with them, so I sold all but a few of my childhood favorites. I have a few G3s too, and I used to have some G2s but I don't have any currently. I will admit I've started to accumulate G4s. Especially princess Luna. (Princess Luna is best princess, grin ) Right now they outnumber my other ponies quite a lot. They're just so easy to get, every time I go to WalMart or Target I wander by the toy section, and if there's a new Luna or somebody else I like, why I can just pick it up. Much easier than scouring ebay for deals on G1s! I'll probably have to thin the collection again soon, it's getting very crowded on my pony shelf.
sparkcreatures on Etsy.
I love G1 because these were the ones I grew up with. I bought a few of G2 and liked them too; but the first ones still seem the best smile
Hello! New to ponies smile

I have several from my childhood (asuming G1?) packed up safely in the attic somewhere and never knew they'd become a kind of collectible! Would they be worth anything if I wanted to sell the ones I'm not that attached to? They're certainly not mint but I was gentle with all my toys so they'll be in good condition.

I literally don't remember any names except an orange one I *think* was called Apple Jack, and a bridal pony who was white.
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
most of the basic mlp's aren't worth too terribly much BUT i see your avatar lists you as a UK'er so you might could have some UK variants/exclusives that could fetch a prettier penny wink

and certainly worth rehoming with a collector if there are some you're willing to part with, here's a good site for helping to identify the ponies ... but international (non US in this case) is only partial ... but still an excellent ID site smile http://www.kimsites.net/dreamvalley/iden...ntify.html
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)
Ah, thank you Fishies! I will drag my pony box out of storage and check the list smile

Tbh even if I don't get much selling them I'd love for them to go to a home where they'll be appreciated rather than sitting in a dark box for another 15 years. I've seen some adorable piccies in the gallery here - people really love and cherish their ponies! blush
Pullips: Langley(Asuka), Maddie(Merl), Ophelia(Tiphona), Camille(Kiyomi), Ally(Classical Alice), Roz(Rosalind), Nate(Nosferatu), Eirwen(Snow White), Mariette(Milk Latte), Lily(Puki), Nataleigh(Nanette), Courtney(Reg Fan), Nami(Rei), Fleur(Luna), , Tiberius(Tantus), Petunia (Jouet 2.0),  Vanessa(BRH), Mary(Oui'Vera), Hugo(Gyro), Bella(Chibi Risa), Nicki(NekoMao), Sunny(Raphia), Dorian(Custom), Odette(Isolde), Aisha(Nahh), Lian(China), Maaya(Nina), Haruka(Purezza), Hero(Apollo), Cecily(Sfoglia), Carly(Podo), Suri(Blackberry), Dominique(Shinku), Temperance(Veritas), Clair(Violetta), Bonnie(Hello Kitty), Emily(Si'Anna), September(Fourrure), Natsume(Summer Purezza), Cherami(Akemi), Kate(Paja), Lizzy(Elisabeth), Crissy(Papin), Siegfried(Arion), Andromeda(Ra Muw), Wanda(Hermine), Odile(Adsiltia), Daisy(Leroy), Maggie(RQ), Cissa(Chibi Risa), Sam(Mao), Amelia(Sailor Saturn), Susan(Silane), Nora(Alura), Momo(Youtsuzu), Hanzo(Okita)
no problem Missy_Crane smile i wish i had spare money to lob at ya cause i'd snag em in a heartbeat, i have a pretty large collection (mostly doubles/triples lol) because i pretty much run a mlp rescue center lmao the only way i turn a pwnie away is if it's overpriced lol i've got missing ears, missing tails, mohawks, marker tattos, a missing horn or leg, etc

i'd love to see pics of your herd too smile so cool to see people's chldhood collections!

>(p,,q)<
Aw that's adorable Fishies! I'd probably do that with Pullips if I had the money, I hate seeing poor little nude ones with ratty hair up on Ebay, I want to shout 'I'll take you hoooome! ;___;' LOL

I will definitely post some pictures here when the herd is free from their box!
Even though I was a kid in the 80s, G3 are my favorite ponies. grin They came out when I was in college, and my best friend and I started collecting them, being just the right age for childhood nostalgia. We'd go to celebrate getting our tiny paychecks from our work-study program, or for surviving exams, or things like that. They had magnets in their feet, and my collection lived on my tiny dorm room fridge, walking all over it like mountain goats. :3 I sometimes left one stuck to my bestie's door if I went to see her and she wasn't in -- it was quicker than leaving a note, and then she'd HAVE to come see me to bring the pony back.

My favorites were rainbow dash and sunny daze. When I was in grad school, my mom passed my collection on to her goddaughter, so all I have left is a little rainbow dash keychain. I'm thinking about replacing my favorite two though: they seem pretty cheap on ebay!
what ones are you looking for Severity? *looks at hoardes*

>(p,,q)<
Sunny Daze & Rainbow Dash smile
any certain version? or just a sunny daze and rainbow dash? lol

>(p,,q)<
Oh goodness I don't know! I remember mine were from the very beginning of the G3 run and had magnetic hooves!
lmao k, let me see what i got here before you go to ebay lol

>(p,,q)<
Yay, okay!
I loooove G2! as they were the MLP to have when I was younger G3 just looked a bit silly to me when they came out! I should really dig them up...they must be around somewhere! grin
I also have a massive collection of the MLP mini's!! Heart
[Image: 16152755741_2441f1e716.jpg]