Poll: Where should the January meet be?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Adler Planetarium + High Tea (requires 12 people)
40.00%
6 40.00%
Union Station Great Hall
33.33%
5 33.33%
Botanical Garden/Conservatory
26.67%
4 26.67%
Other (post suggestion in thread)
0%
0 0%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

January 14 Chicago Meetup - Union Station Great Hall
At the Millennium Park/Russian Tea Time meetup, we talked about maybe going to Adler Planetarium for their high tea service. I checked with the Adler cafe and they require a minimum of 12 people with 2-week advance notification. We had 6 at Russian Tea Time - I'm not sure if we could make it to 12 people. If we can, it would make a fun outing.

I've now forgotten the other places we talked about meeting up... Sweatdrop Anyone have ideas, or preferences for dates? Right now I'm thinking mid-January. (7/8, 14/15, 21/22)

The date has been decided for January 14! We will meet at Union Station's Great Hall at 11am or so.
Second-in-Command at PUDDLE and dolly forum lurker.
Well, I am training the weekend of 21-22 so I won't be in the City.
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
I'd be up for any of those Saturdays (I work Sunday), but not the weekend of the 21st/22nd, as that's my anniversary~ ♥
Volks MSD "Nagisa in Preschool" ClaireVolks SD "2008 Renewal" Nono MimiVolks DDS Ms. Mariko Lily
SweetMilkTea@FlickrPinkMilkTea@BloggerAlicetan@Twitter
(10-27-2011, 03:12 AM)milkytea Wrote: I'd be up for any of those Saturdays (I work Sunday), but not the weekend of the 21st/22nd, as that's my anniversary~ ♥

Heart Grats! How long have you two been together, may I ask?
Feedback!!My Flickr

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
Twelve would be a stretch for our little Chicago group.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
i agree with True - we usually dont have very many people show up - we could always go back to the MSI and see Christmas Around the World and Holidays of Light - i mean yes we were there a few months ago but its something new to see - although that only lasts till the 8th...
Here's a thought. Needsmorelace said she has some lolita friends who have or might get Pullips. I wonder if Needsmorelace and milkytea could round up some lolita friends for a joint meet?
My feedback:

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
(10-27-2011, 06:51 AM)TrueFan Wrote: Here's a thought. Needsmorelace said she has some lolita friends who have or might get Pullips. I wonder if Needsmorelace and milkytea could round up some lolita friends for a joint meet?

Great idea! I'm sure I can put together a loli outfit too ^^
Feedback!!My Flickr

I think if we made it a general doll meet there would be more interest among some of the lolita. There was a small lolita/doll meetup in the summer that had a small but decent turnout, and afterwards there were some other girls interested in the concept. Or, if we just wanted to have a joint meet so as to enjoy a tea reservation, no one would need to feel pressured to wear lolita or any specific outfit. Generally the lolita in Chicago are pretty laid-back and forgo "dress codes."

If there's anything else specific you want to share about how you envision the event, I could easily put up a feeler post in the lolita community to see who might be interested.

(10-27-2011, 04:18 AM)sceimhiuil Wrote: Heart Grats! How long have you two been together, may I ask?

By January 21st, 2012, we'll be married two years and together eight and a half~! grin
Volks MSD "Nagisa in Preschool" ClaireVolks SD "2008 Renewal" Nono MimiVolks DDS Ms. Mariko Lily
SweetMilkTea@FlickrPinkMilkTea@BloggerAlicetan@Twitter
It can definitely be a general doll meet! I actually always post about our meets on the Blythe forums too. All dolls are welcome.
My feedback:

a joint meet actually sounds like alot of fun - and it was talked about at RTT that we all dress in lolita anyway - so it sounds like its going to be a doll/lolita meet yay
I wouldn't mind going as well...even though I'm pretty new to this doll scene! smile Though I know I can't make it on the 7th. Any other day will be perfect!
(10-28-2011, 11:04 AM)TerraNoir Wrote: I wouldn't mind going as well...even though I'm pretty new to this doll scene! smile Though I know I can't make it on the 7th. Any other day will be perfect!

Hey, great, we'd love to meet you!!

Anyway, it looks like we narrowed it down to one weekend? 14/15 (or maybe the 8th if we want to go see the last day of trees at MSI)
Feedback!!My Flickr

Milkytea can't make the 8th since it's a Sunday, so how about January 14?
Second-in-Command at PUDDLE and dolly forum lurker.
I could make it on January 14th!! smile Exciting stuff!!!