bait heads / dolls
im a little unclear on the prices people are asking for bait heads with light damage, is there a way to calculate it based on damage or on age/rarity of the doll in near mint condition, so many people are asking for us to make an offer and i just have no idea sad i bought a dal from another site second hand and after all the negotiations it ended up being only about $20 under new, she wasnt really baity but i just dont want to get burned on something that isnt worth as much as i am paying.

btw i was really keen on the dal and hadnt seen it for ages, but it was still available new.

any advice would be appreciated.

Bella
The FamilyElizabethe461eadc17d3d7c9Timulus Adsiltia
For totally blank heads I usually pay around $50.

I paid $60 for my baity Panda (shiny marks), $45 for a bait LRRH (shiny marks) and $50 for a bait Oren (blush sanded) and I know they usually go for quite a bit more if they're in better condition since they are rare/older. I've seen newer heads in similar condition up for ~$50 as well so I think anywhere in that range is typical?

I think if you got the Dal with all her stock included and the damage isn't too bad, $20 less is probably okay! I hope that's the kind of info you're looking for. ^^;
Waiting On
Pullip Cinnamoroll, Quince, Cherry Sweet

wtb | tumblr | mfc | my dolls | feedback
Personally, I would never pay more than $50 -- $55 for a bait doll...but that's just me, and I'm (very) fussy. blush
My pic-fic, SVM: Drop Dead Gorgeous, is no more. Check out the tiny archive here: Episode 1 Heart 2 Episode 2 Heart 2
my dal had no stock, no wig and a loose shoulder but i was totally new to it and have since seen her stock for $30, she made her money back and profited, if she sold the wig then she made more. im not saying there is anything wrong with that but she took advantage of a first buyer. i dont want to say the doll on here, incase she is a member.

saying that, since then i have bought another second hand Dal, About $30 below new with full stock, i was smart... i bought from here.

but back to the point. if someone was selling a head, with a botched face up. nothing unreversable for $60 - $70 is that a rip off? or to be expected?
The FamilyElizabethe461eadc17d3d7c9Timulus Adsiltia
I sold a bait Taeyang head (Rayne) complete with working eyemech but blank faceup (sanded) for $30 just a few months ago. I made sure to tell the buyer exactly what she was getting, as well. yay

I think it's a reasonable price. $50-$60 is too much because that's how much I would charge for (and also pay for) a whole nude Taeyang with slight imperfections. yay
my dolls:
Ouisa (Heart of Montmartre), Nata (Gentle River), Millefeuille (Tarts & Tea), Coconut (Custom Bohemian Peace), Kanna (Marrakech Melange), Annabella (Anna Adores Blythe), Aimi 愛海 "Momo" (Cinnamoroll '08), Charlotte (Charlotte), Mignon (Vintage Rock Risa), Mikhai (Kain), Fuchiko 淵子 (Vendettina), Natsume 棗 (Natsume), Sena 瀬名 (GACKT), Sidonie (Icarus), Ronjwen (Ra Muw), Miru みる (Tinkerbell), Evi (Select Frara), Re Yan 熱琰 (Grell Sutcliff), Rie 理恵 (Classical Alice), Aki 明希 (Lunatic White Rabbit), Min Woo 민우 (Mao), Nara 나라 (Alura), Amisa (Manuel), Ming Yue 明月 (Angry)
In my experience, eyemechs alone sell for around $20-$25, baits are also very much in demand (who doesn't want one to customize?) so in all honestly I would expect to pay about $50 for one with no severe structural damage or about $40 for just the head.

Sometimes it actually works out cheaper to buy a slightly older pullip or dal with desirable stock and sell the stock for example Jolie, she is $72 at PS if you split her 60/40 the dal would only end up costing you like $45 and you could possibly sell the wig/eye chips too to recoup some of the cost.
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
Any suggestion for a Nahh ato head with no make up and no eyechips?
[Image: firma-dal.jpg]
I usually pay about $45-$50 shipping in for bait dolls, heads only I usually pay closer to $40. smile
Waiting On
Pullip Cinnamoroll, Quince, Cherry Sweet

wtb | tumblr | mfc | my dolls | feedback
I'd say it would depend on the condition. The baits I've bought were so messed-up that I've had to spray-paint them both. :S (I really wish Krylon made a peachy color of spray paint. I like Nadia, but one can only do so many geisha- and white is the only other vaguely-humanish color I've found in their Fusion paints. ;_wink Then again, both heads + a bunch of other stuff came in a lot for only about $40 or $50 USD, so I'm not really a loser here. ^^;

For a GOOOOOD bait head, with a working eyemech and no scratches... I'd personally shell out about $40 USD. But that's just me. (Anything over that, and I think of just buying a faceplate on YJA or splitting a doll...)