Saffy (Pullip Arietta) and her straightened wig
Hi there smile

I recently straightened Saffy's, my first Pullip's, wig. I started out using very low heat on my straightener and lots of conditioner, but slowly discovered that her wig could withstand high temperature without conditioner, and it straightened very well. I then soaked her wig in fabric softener, trimmed the frizzy edges, and voila! A beautiful, soft, shiny Arietta wig smile

[Image: tumblr_m39ujcu3X81ruc393o1_1280.png]

I'm very happy with the way her wig turned out.
she looks great with straighthair ! Great to know that her wig could withstand hightemp of a straightener.
I was actually really shocked on how high a temp it could stand. I have stubborn hair, which refuses to stay straight unless the heat is super high, and I used the same temperature on Saffy's wig. I have new faith in Pullip stock wigs now xD
She looks great!
~*My Dolly Flickr*~ **Kawaii Kandy**

My Girls: Kirsche, Xiao Fan, Papin and Prunella grin
My (Don't I Wish!) Dream Girl: Haute NY
Very, very cool! I love the way it looks straight, and Saffy looks like she does too! smile
Have
Tatianna (Uncanricky), Kittie (Naomi), Omega/Mini-Me (Grell), Alys (Yeolume), Priscilla (Eris), Grell (Male Grell), Nanachan (Nanachan), Sebastianne (Stica), Natalie (Natalie), Sylvie Valentine (Premium Pullip Veritas Crimson Version), Strawberry Rose (Siry), Karen (Karen), Marie (Marie), Angela (Cheshire Cat Steampunk), Alice (Optical Alice), Noir (Regen Noir), Jeanne (Jeanne)
Want
Pullip Alura, Pullip Elizabeth Always on the hunt for Re-Ment
Thanks, she loves it! Now she's wanting more in different colors though... And I don't think I can say no xD
It is great to know, about the heat it can stand.
Do you think all pullip Wigs can do the same?
I'm not sure, as I've only ever seen one pullip, mine, in person, so I can't speak for the quality and textures of the other wigs. However, I've straightened Monster High hair before, and found that it could stand up to higher temps as well.
She looks gorgeous smile

I love her straightened wig. It looks great! I do have a flat iron and I have a few stock wigs that I'd like to straighten, but I'm very nervous about it. Knowing me, I'd turn my wig into a disaster. XD

I love how your Saffy looks, though. She seems happy with her new straight hair! smile
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Hmmmm...I wonder if I could do this to Dita's hair...probably not and then she'd be bald. lol

I was shocked by how easy it was... If you guys wanted, I post basic instructions?
Basic instructions would be great! smile
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
That would be awesome, yes please! grin

Ok, lets see how I can do this...

You will need:
- Wig you want to straighten
-Safety Pin
- Pillow
- Hair straightener, preferably with multiple heat settings. If your straightener only has one setting, move it across the hair very quickly when the tutorial says to use low heat.
- rat tailed comb
- conditioner
- bucket and fabric softener

- Pin the wig to the pillow. This anchors the wig to your work surface.

- Turn your straightener onto the lowest heat level.

- Using the rat end of the comb, separate about an inch of the bottom layer/weft of hair from the rest of the wig. Comb it well, and saturate it thoroughly with conditioner. Then, use the straightener on it for a few swipes.

- Does your doll’s hair look straighter? How does the hair feel? If you believe it is safe, try straightening the next inch of the bottom weft with less conditioner.

- Again, examine how the hair looks. Try once more, if everything looks okay, without conditioner.

- If the hair is still not straightening after a few goings over, turn up the heat one level. Keep watch for any bad reactions.

- Continue this pattern until you find a heat level that works It is probably different for each wig.

- Straighten the wigs from the bottom to the top, in one inch sections of the wefts.

- After straightening the wig, let it cool off for a moment and prepare your fabric softener mixture.

- Add about 1:2 parts of fabric softener to water. It is better to err on the side of more softener than not enough.

- Depending on the condition of your wig, soak it anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours. Saffy’s wig was smooth, but still had the crunchyness of her crimped hair. I left it in for about an hour and a half.

- Remove the wig, and rinse it VERY WELL. Run your fingers through it, until you feel that there is no residue left. I had to rinse Saffy’s hair a couple times to get it all off.

- Gently towel dry your wig. If you wish, put the wig on your doll’s head, brush out the wig CAREFULLY from the ends to the roots, and trim off the ends. I had to trim off Saffy’s frizzy ends.

- Let the rest of the wig air dry. If you are worried about wig cap shrinkage, let it dry while your doll is wearing it.

I think that’s everything smile

This pic is after I washed Saffy's hair again. I think it looks much less clumpy!

[Image: tumblr_m3cqdzcz9v1ruc393o1_1280.png]