Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Little Ponies
Hi guys,

I've just joined the forums here. I've been collecting G4 MLPs for a while and just recently got into the MH dolls as well.

My MLP collection consists of 11 of the brushable "playful ponies": Lily Blossom, Plumsweet, Flitterheart, Rarity, Fluttershy, Sweetie Swirl, Blossomforth, Dewdrop Dazzle, Honeybuzz, Cheerilee, and Princess Luna.

I had originally planned on rounding it out at thirteen (four each of pegasi, unicorns and earth ponies plus Luna as the [un]lucky thirteenth), but then they went and announced that fan favorites pack for this fall. I love Lemon Hearts and I asked Hasbro if they'd make one of her, so I was super excited when I saw she was included in the pack. I'm going to see if I can get that collector's set somehow once it comes out.

Anyway, I've had a lot of fun photographing my ponies around in and around Auckland. Check out my pics here on Flickr: My Little Ponies set.

Here's a teaser for you:

[Image: 7069395617_e9bc1117f4_c.jpg]
Greetings from New Zebraland! by pukunui81, on Flickr

I haven't taken any pony photos recently because I've been busy photographing my growing MH collection, but I do intend to keep taking pics of them. In fact, I'd like to do some MLP / MH combo shots at some point.

Cheers,
Jonathan
I gave Blossomforth a bit of a makeover yesterday. What do you think?

[Image: 7182183307_4e97093f57.jpg]
make love not war by pukunui81, on Flickr
My MH & MLP wishlists

Please check out my Monster High and My Little Pony photos on Flickr!

I also do freelance graphic design. Check out my Facebook page: Pehr Graphic Design
Eeeek! There are no words for how much I love that teaser picture. Loving Blossomforth's new look, too!
Wishlist
Pullips - Papin, Amarri
Monster High - Gil
Coming Soon
Celsiy
(07-11-2012, 06:14 PM)candyisrad Wrote: Eeeek! There are no words for how much I love that teaser picture. Loving Blossomforth's new look, too!
Excellent! I'm glad you like 'em. Be sure to hop over to Flickr and check out the rest.

With the exception of Blossomforth, my ponies have been on an extended hiatus while I get acquainted with my Monster High gang.

This is the one I used for my avatar:

[Image: 6891799956_ef68fedc4f.jpg]
Who's the fairest filly in Equestria? Plumsweet! by pukunui81, on Flickr
My MH & MLP wishlists

I also do freelance graphic design. Check out my Facebook page: Pehr Graphic Design
Gotta love starting a new collection, especially one like MH lol. I'm currently enjoying perusing your Flickr!
Wishlist
Pullips - Papin, Amarri
Monster High - Gil
Coming Soon
Celsiy
(07-11-2012, 06:34 PM)candyisrad Wrote: Gotta love starting a new collection, especially one like MH lol. I'm currently enjoying perusing your Flickr!
My wife doesn't love it. That is to say, she doesn't mind the collecting. It's more the cost. I'm not allowed to buy anything until she goes back to work in September (she's on maternity leave at the moment, so money's a bit tight). I'm looking forward to getting a few more ponies when the new ones come out. I'd like to add Lyra and Sunny Rays to my collection, as well as some of the ponies in the US collector's set (esp. Lemon Hearts, but also DJ Pon-3 and maybe even Nightmare Moon).

I'm glad you're enjoying my Flickr stream!

My MH & MLP wishlists

Definitely feel your pain there. I wish I had unlimited funds for all of the collecting I like to do, but I like being a stay-at-home furmommy better, lol. My MH collection started nice and small, but when those $20 dolls start adding up..ouch! And yet, here I am, starting a Pullip collection. *headdesk*
Wishlist
Pullips - Papin, Amarri
Monster High - Gil
Coming Soon
Celsiy
(07-11-2012, 07:07 PM)candyisrad Wrote: Definitely feel your pain there. I wish I had unlimited funds for all of the collecting I like to do, but I like being a stay-at-home furmommy better, lol. My MH collection started nice and small, but when those $20 dolls start adding up..ouch! And yet, here I am, starting a Pullip collection. *headdesk*
I know what you mean, especially when it comes to Monster High and all those bloody exclusives Mattel puts out! Ugh! It makes me so mad. I'm so glad that Hasbro isn't as nutty about exclusives. We get all of the MLP FiM toys here, and we don't even get them all that late. Some of them we get before anyone else.

Monster High on the other hand ... suffice it to say, there are no Target or Toys R Us stores in New Zealand. Occasionally one of the local chains gets an exclusive product from overseas, but they're few and far between and usually don't show up for six months to a year later.
My MH & MLP wishlists

Oh, man. It's bad enough being a MH fan in the states, I feel bad for you guys. I'm really over the store exclusives that Mattel keeps putting out, it's just not fair to people who don't have all of those stores and/or can't/don't want to hit up every single store every day. I used to call and ask (or talk my husband into it) but after Target told him they weren't getting any more, ever (obviously not true) I just check on my own now. Mattel could definitely meet the demand ten times over, such a let down that they don't sad

MLP, though..yes! Nothing is TOO hard to get, which is really nice. Do you have the "mystery pack" minis in NZ? I asked a friend in Canada if she had seen them but she hadn't, so I wasn't sure if they were a states thing or if Canada was just unlucky.
Wishlist
Pullips - Papin, Amarri
Monster High - Gil
Coming Soon
Celsiy
Hey pony fans! I have a quick question- aside from Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack and Rarity, what normal size FIM ponies have been made that have NO PINK in their design? I have all of the main 6, but other than that, I am obsessed with getting ponies that use colors other than pink and purple, but I don't know much about what FIM ponies have been released aside from what I see on shelves. But I know there are more out there than what I'm seeing...

Actually, i'm really hoping the pony in the show with carrots on her butt gets made... she's one of my fave color combos.
The only one I have with *no* pink at all is Lily Blossom. She's a sort of lavender color with yellow hair. EDIT: Although, come to think of it, her cutie mark is pink, so ...

Some of the upcoming ponies have no pink, like Lyra (green), Trixie (blue), and Lemon Hearts (yellow and blue).
My MH & MLP wishlists

Oh yay, Lemon Hearts is in the new assortment?! ROCK ON. I really like her.

I mean, I LOVE some of the ponies that have pink. But I can only buy and keep so much stuff, so going for the "mane 6" and then ponies with no pink helps keep my collection a cute decoration and not a storage problem/ mess.
Lemon Hearts is in the upcoming TRU-exclusive "fan favorites" collector's set, along with DJ Pon-3, Flower Wishes, Nightmare Moon, Trixie, and for some bizarre reason, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash (why they included them I have no idea ~ this is a set targeted at collectors, most of whom will most likely already have Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash).
My MH & MLP wishlists

Hm. Boo to that. I want Granny Smith and the Mayor of Ponyville to be made. Still though, I really want Lemon Hearts, Pon-3 and Nightmare Moon, so I can prolly just gift away the Rainbow dash and Pinkie Pie
I'd like to see a brushable-size Big Mac myself. I know they're doing a brushable of Shining Armor, so there's some hope.

That being said, I'm not as in to MLP anymore now that I've got so many Monster High dolls. They're more posable and can be dressed in different outfits and stuff, which makes them more fun as photography subjects for me. There's not a whole lot you can do with the ponies except move their heads and style their hair ... :/
My MH & MLP wishlists