Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you collect your MH dolls?
It all started with first wave Robecca Steam. I finally had a job and a little extra money and I went 'eeeeeeee stempunk'. Now I have pretty much at least one of each character, save for a handful. (Skelita, Clawd, Gil, Honey Swamp, Jane Boolittle, Elissabat, Clawdia, Nefera and Torelai, as well as Scarah) I generally just try to keep one of each character unless I find one I just absolutely love. I also try to pick up the ones that are on sale for my customs. (I nearly squealed with joy when I saw some of the Scaris dolls on sale for $5 at the Wal-Mart I work at. I panicked and bought them all on break, so now I have a Deuce sitting under my tree!)
So, I don't know if this is going on at all the Walgreens, but both of the ones by my apartment currently have a "buy one, get one free" sale going on for MH. I picked up Dead Tired Robecca and Spectra yesterday, which, when coupled with my employee discount, gave me two dolls for about $15. Merry Christmas to me!
Feel like so.
(12-16-2013, 08:46 AM)Amethystle Wrote: So, I don't know if this is going on at all the Walgreens, but both of the ones by my apartment currently have a "buy one, get one free" sale going on for MH. I picked up Dead Tired Robecca and Spectra yesterday, which, when coupled with my employee discount, gave me two dolls for about $15. Merry Christmas to me!

That's an awesome deal!
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
Like a lot of people I've chosen to just get one of each character. I've chosen to browse a lot of the different versions of a doll and then chosen my favorite face-up and hair, usually picking the one that fits the best colors and would work with a wide range of styles. Then if anything outlandish but special comes up that I really love I'll grab those separately.

So far I have 5 dolls (Spectra, Catrine, Catty, Rochelle, and Viperine) but I only ever intended to get Catty Noir and have her like a friendship item because my best friend was getting a Jinafire for Christmas. Somehow I ended up getting 4 dolls total for myself for Christmas and just got Viperine a few days ago after a trip to TRU X3

In the future I plan to snag outfit sets for the dolls I don't plan on getting off of ebay.
[Image: Alina_Mau.png]
Join me on CPDD!
- ~~♥~~ -
[Image: claritya_zpscd03cfe5_by_alinamau-d6rlap1.png]My Deviant Art[Image: xiaofana_zps79284980_by_alinamau-d6rlbyf.png]
I started my collection with Catrine de Mew last spring. I just counted and I now have, um, 54. (hides in shame). Just kidding about the shame part: I'm actually really proud of my collection, though...I'm bipolar and one of the things that depression made me lose interest in was doing crafts. Well once I started this collection I wanted more clothes for them and that meant making my own. This summer (when my collection was a bit smaller, haha!) I hand sewed a sundress for each of my girls. And then I got the confidence to open an easy shop and now dolls in five countries are wearing little dresses I made and that's a great feeling! I've learnt how to do re-roots and everything. Customizing is fun. I can't wait to start sewing for Taeyang (and Pullip and Dal and all the rest.) LOL
I'm a bit like you, Lilcurly! :3 I started out buying almost every release, then narrowed it down to those I liked, and even narrowed the spectrum further by only those I absolutely liked and had to have. Honestly, I've altogether stopped collecting MH. The last time I was in Wal-Mart, I actually passed through without walking through the aisle containing Monster High and such. Rb_x That was certainly a first for me!
Onto the subject of where to buy: I bought my MH locally. There are quite a few retail stores in a large neighboring city, so I checked those out for the new releases. Tongue I didn't buy my MH online because you never know how wonky the poor doll's face-up is gonna look then! I was interested with the Scarah Screams with the three outfits but never got her because eBay was too hectic and the closest Toys-R-Us is two hours away. I also thought Bloodgood looked interesting, but she was a Toys-R-Us exclusive as well, not to mention her price put me off anyway. It's not that I don't think the series is interesting anymore, it's just a pain to keep up with and there are other more valuable dolls I'd rather spend my money on instead. smile
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

I usually collect per new Character release, typically only the signature versions of each character. But sometimes there are collections that I adore and have to get another. It's kind of sporadic, since I don't collect every character.
I used to go to multiple target and toysrus stores in search of dolls....with occasional purchases on eBay for the ones I absolutely couldn't find