Merri-Gold is here! (KiraKira's first Blythe)
I never ever thought I'd be posting a thread here. I'd never really been all that interested in Blythe. I think it was because I just didn't like the shiny plastic of the stock dolls, and maybe I was a little bugged by Blythe's lack of eyebrows.

As time passed, I saw more photos of Blythe pop up in my flickr contacts' photostreams and it was the customized Blythe girls that really fascinated me. The fancy eyechips! The intricately decorated eyelids! The carved nose, lips & philtrum! The pretty hairs! But the customizers whose work I adored were too costly for me.

But then...there's Mag / Kawaii Kandy, a wonderful friend to have and a Blythe advocate/pusher/ dolly enabler. (I say that in the most affectionate and complimentary way possible!) She asked me if I ever were to get a dream Blythe, what would she look like? I figured there would be no harm in answering, as I wasn't going to get a Blythe anyway, so I sent her a link to a photo of one of Vertefae's newly adopted Blythes, Goldie.

A couple weeks after that, Vertefae put Goldie up for adoption over on The Blythe Kingdom forum, where I didn't yet have access. Mag went and adopted her because she knew that was my dream Blythe custom. And then she let me adopt Goldie from her. So I think it was just meant to be...

Here's my first and (according to my husband) only Blythe custom, Merri-Gold!
I'm Merri-Gold and I have arrived!

Aloha, I'm Merri Gold!

Base Doll: RBL Prairie Posie

Customizations by Melly Kay:
*natural face-up (using high quality pastels, sealed with MSC. Lids are done w/ gold glitter, sealed with gloss)
*3 new sets of eye chips (2 are handmade resin, 1 Ixtee, & she keeps her special toffee stock chips)
*new lashes
*gaze correction
*light boggle
*advanced lip, nose, & philtrum carving
*sleepy eyes & new Twiggy Twiggy pulls w/ charms

Glittery EyelidsSideways Glances
DSC06670Sideways Glances
She has really interesting chips. My favorites have got to be the glittery ones when she's looking straight ahead. I'll try to get better photos of the eyechips later...

Seeing StarsCaptured Hearts
These are her pull-charms/pull-strings. The one with the star bead will make her eyes shift directions, and the one with the heart bead opens her eyelids again.

My new shelf-mates--the Pullip girls!My new shelf-mates--the Taeyang boys!More Boys--the IsulsThe Dal Girls...
Sure, she's very different from Pullips & Co...nothing really prepared me for how MASSIVE her head is, but I think she fits right in with my dolly crew. They pretty much all have big eyes & oversized heads.

My bedInterrupted Sleep!
Even the pukifees can't leave her alone!
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
She's a gorgeous custom! Congrats on your first Blythe! I love her colors. smile
+ Current Feedback ~ click!
Thank you! I especially loved her gold glittery eyelids!
Pretty girl! Congratulations!
I am only new to Blythe dolls but she is amazing!
(11-12-2012, 09:16 AM)mollylinn Wrote: Pretty girl! Congratulations!

Thanks so much...I am so happy to have her!

(11-12-2012, 11:31 AM)abbiebella Wrote: I am only new to Blythe dolls but she is amazing!

Melly Kay makes some incredible customs! Here is the group for MK Customs on Flickr...
http://www.flickr.com/groups/mellykaycustoms/
She is so awesome, yay! I just love your group shots! Their heads are massive the first time you see them in person, aren't they? LOL
~*My Dolly Flickr*~ **Kawaii Kandy**

My Girls: Kirsche, Xiao Fan, Papin and Prunella grin
My (Don't I Wish!) Dream Girl: Haute NY
I have only ever seen 3 Blythe's I like - Myu's, one of True's, and yours! She is beautiful!!
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
You got lucky! She is gorgeous!
I like your photo shoot!
She is so beautiful. I adore her! I've been feeling the pull of blythes myself, but my boyfriend hates them so, I'm just going to live vicariously through you for now smile So, indulge us all with lots more pictures xd, please?Tongue
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
I think I remember Merri-Gold being for sale over on Blythe Kingdom. Cute name and cute girl. :]
oh, I like you family, and the blythe is pure love with the ice cream cup XD
Such a pretty girl! Every time I see custom Blythes, I really want one myself.
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
(11-13-2012, 11:20 PM)Mag Wrote: She is so awesome, yay! I just love your group shots! Their heads are massive the first time you see them in person, aren't they? LOL

I still can't get over her lovable big head, LOL!

(11-14-2012, 01:14 AM)sceimhiuil Wrote: I have only ever seen 3 Blythe's I like - Myu's, one of True's, and yours! She is beautiful!!

Thank you...I think the custom Blythes can be really something!

(11-14-2012, 02:07 AM)ladywindsor Wrote: You got lucky! She is gorgeous!
I like your photo shoot!

I did get lucky, and I still can't believe my dream Blythe is here at home with me.

(11-15-2012, 04:08 AM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: She is so beautiful. I adore her! I've been feeling the pull of blythes myself, but my boyfriend hates them so, I'm just going to live vicariously through you for now smile So, indulge us all with lots more pictures xd, please?Tongue

My husband is not a fan of Merri-Gold--he thinks she looks dopey and dull. Different strokes for different folks and all that... :LOL:

(12-08-2012, 05:27 PM)BlushingSky Wrote: I think I remember Merri-Gold being for sale over on Blythe Kingdom. Cute name and cute girl. :]

Merri-Gold sends her thanks! smile

(01-16-2013, 06:37 AM)barahi89 Wrote: oh, I like you family, and the blythe is pure love with the ice cream cup XD

Isn't the KawaiiKandy ice cream helmet the best?! smile

(01-16-2013, 11:51 AM)martah Wrote: Such a pretty girl! Every time I see custom Blythes, I really want one myself.

Thank you...I only ever want the custom Blythes. However, I absolutely am NOT a fan of the Blythe body...