My Select Ddalgi in Merl's Stock
Ddalgi has been on my wishlist for awhile and I really liked Merl's stock, so the My Select version let me kill two birds with one stone. Someone else will probably end up wearing the outfit, because I like it better on a redhead.

And, since it came up in another thread that the My Select Merl outfit was different than the original that came on Merl, I took a few pics of her to illustrate.

[Image: 8504900268_393bddf73a_z.jpg]

[Image: 8504900750_7fc2e66780_z.jpg]
The differences that I can see compared to owner pics in the Pullipedia for Merl are:
- The 2 white hairbows are plain, the extra stripey little bows are missing.
- The thin ribbon edging at the hem and around the collar of the navy top is white. I can't tell for sure, but it looks like it might be a cream color in the original version.
- The choker is made from the same cream velvet ribbon used for the sash. It looks dark in the original.
- The sash has only 1 piece of lace and 1 brown bow on it and is missing the extra lace and bows embellishments.
- The bow at the hem on the lower right is solid red, not red white and blue striped. This is the only red anywhere on this version of the outfit.
- The white dress underneath is completely wite, including the lace at the hem. It looks like it's a cream color on the original.
- The socks are solid white, not gray and navy (or is it black) striped like the original.
- White ribbon lacing, instead of red, is used for the boots.

Ddalgi looks the same as the original. I was surprised to find she has a very soft stock wig. It's much nicer than the majority of stock wigs.

[Image: 8503792209_d29a156df4_z.jpg]
I plan on embellishing mine, because it seems to be lacking something without those extra bows and bits of red.
Isn't her hair fabulously silky? I run my fingers through Micha's and the strands just slip into place. I haven't felt another like it.
FEEDBACK

La la la, I don't know. The world forget... Feel like so!

Life's too short for ugly dolls!
She's so cute in that stock....sounds like the "My Select Pullip" deal was perfect in this case. smile
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
She's perfect in this outfit as I do not like her original Christmas-like stock. Very pretty. :]
Her wig reminds me of Jpop wigs, although the hair fiber isn't quite as fine as those are. I like her original stock, too, I just never got around to getting her when she was in stock.
It seems a little unfair that the stock outfit is not the same as what would have come on a Merl :s were you aware that it would be so different?

It makes me a bit mad that the outfit you got wasn't the same as the original Merl's. You paid good money for it, and it sounds like they didn't let you know that it would be of a lower quality, and have less detail.
Still, the lace and buttons you have look cute, so I'll bet you'll make the outfit look even cuter than the original!
Your Ddagli is lovely, too smile
LINK REMOVED - BROKEN LINK - PICTURE NOT SHOWING
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ichigopullip/
I haven't looked at my Paja suit yet, but I'm pretty sure it'll be the same as the regen. I'm very eager to see how you spice up your Merl's stock though. I like the idea of embelishing a stock outfits since it will make it more unique while having the quality of a stock outfit (not that they are always outstanding, but still nicer than what I can do by hand most of the time).

After the happy glow wore off from receiving the Select Ddalgi, I noticed what everyone else had been saying. Her hands are a different color, and while her wig is super soft, it feels really thin and the bangs and pretty jacked up. Did you touch up your girl bangs? They look like someone over the age of 6 cut them, which is an improvement over mine.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
I haven't touched Ddalgi's bangs, that's how she came straight out of the box.

I never saw anything that stated the outfit was different, but if you look at the promo pics, they show it as it comes. I don't mind that it's not identical, because it means I'm free to add what ever extras to it I want. I've only doctored one other stock and that was Regen Fanatica's top. I thought it needed buttons, so I added a row of small black beads down the front. It looks much more finished to me that way, even if it's not very obvious. But I think I'll consider doing more embellishing in the future.
[Image: 8065828584_dfe24591bd.jpg]
Fair enough smile Like others have said, I'm quite looking forward to seeing what you do with it smile & fan's top looks really cute with buttons added.

She's so beautiful ! She makes me want a ddalgi so much >.< Can't wait to see the result !
The dress seems so empty without red...
My dolls - Miyuki (pullip bloody red hood), Zoe (pullip victorique de blois), Coco (pullip alte) & Avery (pullip kaela)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/_dragonellle_/ - my flickr