Stuck Behind Glass...
Where have all the dollies gone?

This is how it looks at my house right now. My doll shelf is like a ghost town!
Where Have All the Dollies Gone?

My home is currently sans dollies. I was asked to bring them in to work and put them on display in our library's locked, enclosed glass case. For the past year and a half, we've been featuring collections of various kinds from our patrons & staff members--every month a new display! It has been pretty steady, but this month, there was no one booked, so for the month of March, my beloved dolls are "stuck behind glass". I don't know how I feel about that...it's nice to be able to see them every now and then while I'm at work, but I'm still worried about possible damage from them falling over or something. Or stolen.
Stuck Behind Glass

From left to right--Hitomi, Yume, Shuya, Kokoro & Daito. They look like they're in a playroom...they have a cute little shelf full of their toys and they're doing a good job of leaving their playthings scattered around all across the floor. If you look really good, you'll see that Yume (PKF Luna) has returned from her spa day courtesy of Meenist. It's hard to see her new face-up, but I am totally happy with how it turned out. Better photos later, maybe.
Stuck Behind Glass--the tinies!

Rika: And I just don't know what Shann was thinking! This has to be her stupidest idea ever. I mean, I'm participating in the Pullip Favourites Swap, FFS. And my package could come at any time. How the #@*& am I supposed to get my stuff if I'm locked up in this case!?
Seiya: Rika, calm down. Has Shann ever let us down before? On second thought, DON'T answer that. I'm sure she'll think of something...right Shann?
Stuck Behind Glass--Seiya & Rika

Cloud: It's hot here in the glass case, under all the lights. I wish Shann would have dressed me more appropriately.
Tifa: Poor Cloud...you must be uncomfortable--especially since you have to stand up for the entire month! Maybe Shann can have you sit sometimes.
Stuck Behind Glass--Cloud & Tifa

Akari: It's nice that everyone can admire my kimono here at the library.
Koji: Akari-chan, I don't think it's only your kimono being admired.
Stuck Behind Glass--Akari & Koji

Koto: It's kinda nice up here on the top shelf. I don't have to worry about dust getting in my hair like at home...but I still miss being able to see Shann and her family. I wonder if they miss us at all?
Akira: I know Shann does...and maybe her little daughter does too since she said you're her favorite. I am really liking how roomy this glass case is--and I for one am going to enjoy the peace & quiet...want some sushi?
Stuck Behind Glass--Koto & Akira

Tekka-Maki: Shann forgot my zori (Japanese flip-flops) again. I'd look so much cuter in my wa-loli kimono if I had the proper footwear!
Moe: *nods in agreement*. At least Shann put shoes on me--I'm still wearing my froggy dress from the DalHouse swap from Aunty Vanie! And I'm so happy that at least we get to play Hanafuda, drink tea & eat chicken nuggets for all of March!
Stuck Behind Glass--Tekka-Maki & Moe

Kaz: OK, I dunno why I got the burger and you got the DS. That's not fair. Wanna trade?
Sho: Ummm....no, not really. This game is kinda boring anyway, you wouldn't like it. I think everyone who comes to look at us thinks I'm a girl because of my hat.
Stuck Behind Glass--Kaz & Sho

Taiyo: Why do you think Shann stuck us here on the bottom shelf away from everyone else?
Hinata: Well...you do look a little scary in your skeleton hoodie & your fiery eyes! I think she didn't want to call attention to us...I didn't realize my dress shows so much skin!
Stuck Behind Glass--Hinata & Taiyo

The display took so long to set up! When it came to the last shelf, I was so done, I pretty much just scattered things randomly on the shelf. Oh look--there's Tekka-Maki's zori!
Stuck Behind Glass

Thanks for looking!
grin
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
That's so neat! It's very cool that the office promotes the individuality of its employees by showcasing their collections like that. I imagine it would make the place a bit more home-y to see your dolls every day!
[Image: dollbbc.php?sex=girl&back=0000&friendsu=...&acch=0000]

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

Have: Marianne, Blanche, My Melody, Neo Noir, Shinku, Paja, Veritas, Sebastian, Rovam, Aquel, Lunatic Queen, Youtsuzu, Kirsche, Rejen Paja, Grell, Mir, Cinciallegra, Harley Quinn, Barbara Gordon
Customs: American McGee's Alice, Disney-Inspired Alice, Steampunk Alyse, Ramona Flowers, Dr. Horrible, Catgirl, GIR-suit Fangirl "Gertrude", Merida (Dal), Peeka (Pikachu-girl), General Beatrix, Katara
Want (Complete): Clarity, Lunatic White Rabbit, Romantic Alice, Catwoman, Nahh-ato, Craziia
Grails: Edward Scissorhands
Waiting on: None
They have so much room @_@

I bet it'll be nice to have them back at home again! But it looks like some of them might not want to leave!
Feedback!!My Flickr
If I forgot to leave you feedback, please let me know!

Eos : Delilah (Lunatic Queen) : Akoya : Onassis (Fiori) : Ayame (Sooni) : Berry (Hujoo Berry) : Monomono : Tragedy : Barley : Amelia : Eclipse
That's so cool!! The display looks great, and I love seeing all of your dolls. I hope your swap package shows up soon. I have a feeling if it's not there today, it will be tomorrow. I also think you're the last one, so the surprise might be over...

I'm going to go dream about having that much space to put dolls in.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
(03-08-2013, 08:28 AM)captainfantastic Wrote: That's so neat! It's very cool that the office promotes the individuality of its employees by showcasing their collections like that. I imagine it would make the place a bit more home-y to see your dolls every day!

I make it a point of walking past the glass case once a day--that's the "long way around"...from the library reference desk to my office in the back.

In the past, we've had displays of Nativity sets, model trains, rabbit figurines, hedgehog stuff, old Halloween stuff, World War 2 memorabilia, ancient Hawaiian weapons...it's really interesting to see what people collect!

(03-08-2013, 08:47 AM)sceimhiuil Wrote: They have so much room @_@

I bet it'll be nice to have them back at home again! But it looks like some of them might not want to leave!

This is so true--they actually look all happy and content to spread out like that and not be all crammed up in everyone else's personal space as it is on my doll shelf. I've been looking for a nice glass case of my own, but haven't found one yet!

(03-08-2013, 08:53 AM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: That's so cool!! The display looks great, and I love seeing all of your dolls. I hope your swap package shows up soon. I have a feeling if it's not there today, it will be tomorrow. I also think you're the last one, so the surprise might be over...

I'm going to go dream about having that much space to put dolls in.

:LOL: Yes, by process of elimination, I kinda figured that Rika's swap gift would be coming from Paja/Petronella & you! I couldn't be more happy about that! I just have to figure out a way to smuggle Rika, Seiya & Hitomi out of the case to get some photos of the swap box opening--I don't think I could wait until April when the dollies come back home. I also need to get Moe out of the case--if I'm to enter the Dal House photo of the month contest...
Haha, I have a bunch of dolls in my library curio advertising the reception for our creative writing contest, but it's not empty at my house! Just a few empty spots on otherwise crowded shelves.

Your display looks great! You did a terrific job. I hope Moe can take a break to enter the Dal of the Month photo contest.

I've had my dolls in our curio quite a few times, without any theft or damage. Is the case locked?
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Lovely display! It's cool that you can bring your dollies to work & showcase them. I really like the setup that you did, just quaint, and the dollies feel at home :3 I feel bad for the standing dollies though Tongue
[My Flickr]
ISO: Pullip Yuki stock wig / Pullip Panda glasses / Dal Tweety stock outfit / Byul Secomi stock outfit

(03-08-2013, 12:50 PM)TrueFan Wrote: Haha, I have a bunch of dolls in my library curio advertising the reception for our creative writing contest, but it's not empty at my house! Just a few empty spots on otherwise crowded shelves.

Your display looks great! You did a terrific job. I hope Moe can take a break to enter the Dal of the Month photo contest.

I've had my dolls in our curio quite a few times, without any theft or damage. Is the case locked?

Thank you!

I imagine that all you Dals could takeover your entire library if you had to bring them all to work.

Yes, the case is locked, but the key is easily accessible by any of our staff. We have had a few things go missing before (not from the cases), but no one would be interested in my dolls, I hope.

(03-08-2013, 05:14 PM)beajjai033 Wrote: Lovely display! It's cool that you can bring your dollies to work & showcase them. I really like the setup that you did, just quaint, and the dollies feel at home :3 I feel bad for the standing dollies though Tongue

Thanks! I work in a public library, and the display cases really look good if they have stuff in them. I guess it must be tiresome to stand up for an entire month...even though they are only plastic.
Omg Shann!!! I'd die if I couldn't get at my dolls! However are you coping?? lol. You'd find me stood by the cabinet all wide eyed & gazing at them longingly.

(03-08-2013, 08:14 PM)Lilcurly Wrote: Omg Shann!!! I'd die if I couldn't get at my dolls! However are you coping?? lol. You'd find me stood by the cabinet all wide eyed & gazing at them longingly.

It is so hard for me, especially on the days when I don't work. That is probably when I feel the dolls' void the most! That empty doll shelf in my room is sad-looking.

What is nice is that a lot of people are stopping to look at the display, even people who I wouldn't expect would be interested in that sort of thing. Cranky old men who normally come in to read newspapers, high school soccer players, and office workers on their breaks...

But yah, I do miss having the dollies at home.
It's amazing how many people find dolls interesting!
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
Wow it's awsome that people get to see your collection !!! I bet you miss them at home though Tongue I know I would !
How cool! Maybe you'll win over some new fans to the hobby.