New face-ups for some of my dolls...
[Image: 8433282019_6ce1f0b8b6.jpg]
"Itte Kimasu!" ("We are going away and coming back later!"wink by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr

My doll plans for 2013 was mostly to get new face-ups for a few of my dolls. I seem to have a preference for custom face-ups over stock ones for some reason. Anyway, the dolls I've sent away for custom work all happen to be members of the same family--

*Arashi--left January 7th for Spain! He's currently waiting at Poison's for his new look.
*Yume (Pukifee Luna)--left January 14th for the East Coast, USA to get worked on by Meenist.
*Mirai 2.5--departed January 31st for Thailand for Nomyens to work on. Poor Mirai has been through a lot--she started off as Merl, but I ended up selling her. I kept her character around, though and so she's been 'reshelled' with a bait pullip head--one of the older, rounder heads with the scalp piece (I can't really get into the newer pullip releases with the Type 4 bodies and two-piece heads).

They are slowly but surely returning home. I am always nervous when I send dolls away...I get worried that something awful will happen to them. Two of them have come back so far...

Here's Yume (PKF Luna) with her new face-up by Meenist...
[Image: 8581217894_d487a733b4.jpg]
yume by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr
Apologies for the "head only" photo--it's the only close up one I have of her right now. I'm still deciding if the wig I have will be her permanent one. I think she's keeping those bright eyes, though.

And just yesterday, Mirai (Stica) returned home from her spa day with Nomyens.
[Image: 8579642942_a5fb71db98.jpg]
Exquisite face-up by Nomyens... by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr
(Mirai has the power of being able to see supernatural creatures that ordinary people can't. And she gets picked on and made fun of because of this, so she has become sassy and snarky as a way of putting up walls so that others can't hurt her. It's no surprise then, that supernatural creatures flock to her--that's how she ended up with her man, storm demon Arashi.)

Since all my other dolls are still away, I'm really enjoying having Mirai around. I'm totally happy with the results of her new face-up...
[Image: 8578540349_d42788e11c.jpg]
Beautiful... by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr
[Image: 8579637394_e9c90c99be.jpg]
Mirai by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr

[Image: 8579636106_bf448d20c7.jpg]
Mirai's return by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr
[Image: 8579642354_555e6c4428.jpg]

"What?! No Welcome Wagon?!" by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr
So now, I'm just waiting for Arashi to return...

04/23/2013--Just got word from Poison Girl that Arashi's on his way back--he was shipped from Spain yesterday. Yay!
Here's his new look--photograph taken by Poison Girl/ Maria.

[Image: 8675528509_e0d28e5373.jpg]
Arashi's new face by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
They both look beautiful <3 People are so talented when it comes to painting face-ups, I wish I could do as fantastic a job as that lol.

Congrats on getting them home safely Shann smile

Fingers crossed for Arashi too!

They look fabulous so far!
What a transition!
She's so beautiful. Arashi's one lucky guy, but I bet he's going to be a looker himself.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
They both turned out wonderful! I can't wait to see what Arashi's will be like!
Absolutely breathtaking. I love those face-ups. <3
[Image: dollbbc.php?sex=girl&back=0000&friendsu=...&acch=0000]

Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates.

Have: Marianne, Blanche, My Melody, Neo Noir, Shinku, Paja, Veritas, Sebastian, Rovam, Aquel, Lunatic Queen, Youtsuzu, Kirsche, Rejen Paja, Grell, Mir, Cinciallegra, Harley Quinn, Barbara Gordon
Customs: American McGee's Alice, Disney-Inspired Alice, Steampunk Alyse, Ramona Flowers, Dr. Horrible, Catgirl, GIR-suit Fangirl "Gertrude", Merida (Dal), Peeka (Pikachu-girl), General Beatrix, Katara
Want (Complete): Clarity, Lunatic White Rabbit, Romantic Alice, Catwoman, Nahh-ato, Craziia
Grails: Edward Scissorhands
Waiting on: None
What a lovely family! Well, all your dolly families are very nice!
I love the changes they have undergone.
Yume looks so innocent. I agree, her blue eyes are great on her.
And Mirai is sooo beautiful. If not indicated, I would never know she was a Stica. Customs really do wonders! I love everything about her yay
I'm anticipating Arashi's new look smile
[My Flickr]
ISO: Pullip Yuki stock wig / Pullip Panda glasses / Dal Tweety stock outfit / Byul Secomi stock outfit

Oh my, those face-ups are absolutely beautiful. So much fine detail!
Dollies: Enid (Pullip Custom), Matilda (Heiwa)
Etsy shop lolidoli! Custom dolls & sweet fashion and accessories!
Thank you all for your comments! Once upon a time, I tried doing faceups and I just did not like how they turned out--decent, but nothing I'd want to look at on a doll every single day. So I figured it would be best to leave it up to the people who do lots of dolly faceup commissions.
Shann,

Your dollies look gorgeous! I sent my daughters Dal to Noymens around the same time, he is due back anyday... They were at the spa together....how sweet. I can't wait to see your Tae...Poison does beautiful Tae's... enjoy!
(03-24-2013, 02:37 AM)PG123MOM Wrote: Shann,

Your dollies look gorgeous! I sent my daughters Dal to Noymens around the same time, he is due back anyday... They were at the spa together....how sweet. I can't wait to see your Tae...Poison does beautiful Tae's... enjoy!

That is funny...we have yet to meet but our dolls were hanging out together with Nomyens in Thailand. :LOL: I hope you will show off your daughter's Dal when you get her back home!
Mirai's face up is GORGEOUS! I'm not surprised you like custom face ups more than stock ones... I want a custom now too Tongue
I can't wait to see your Tae!
LINK REMOVED - BROKEN LINK - PICTURE NOT SHOWING
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ichigopullip/
Wow I love your 'Mirai' new faceup; she looks gorgeous! I wish I had extra money to get a custom face-up (how much is the average range?) since I want to turn my Chelsea into a mature-beautiful lady with smokey eyeshadow :3

A bait pullip head? wow and she turned out gorgeous in the end grin
(03-24-2013, 10:03 PM)LovelyPapin Wrote: Mirai's face up is GORGEOUS! I'm not surprised you like custom face ups more than stock ones... I want a custom now too Tongue
I can't wait to see your Tae!

I have to say that custom dolls are addicting...to me they are like fun little pieces of art.

(03-25-2013, 10:16 PM)Joichi Wrote: Wow I love your 'Mirai' new faceup; she looks gorgeous! I wish I had extra money to get a custom face-up (how much is the average range?) since I want to turn my Chelsea into a mature-beautiful lady with smokey eyeshadow :3

A bait pullip head? wow and she turned out gorgeous in the end grin

The price range really depends on the customizer...usually they post their prices on their websites
Updated to say that Arashi's finally making his way back from Poison Girl...he's all finished now, and was shipped off yesterday. Here's a photo that Poison Girl sent me...
[Image: 8675528509_e0d28e5373.jpg]
Arashi's new face by JustLikeWasabi, on Flickr