Show your new Doll!
(11-05-2018, 04:54 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Couldn't resist a dent box purchase from PullipStyle...

I'm really glad that MISB collectors are a thing. It allow everybody else to get toys at some great prices.
BTW, how was the dent? Significant, or "Mandrake insane" insignificant?

Also, dat wig...
I saw enough hentai to know where this is going...
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Quote:BTW, how was the dent? Significant, or "Mandrake insane" insignificant?

Actually it wasn't a dent, but rather that the plastic window was detached. PS wrapped some extra tissue paper around the doll, and since I don't care at all about the box anyway, it seemed like a nice opportunity to save $10.
(11-05-2018, 06:35 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote:
Quote:BTW, how was the dent? Significant, or "Mandrake insane" insignificant?

Actually it wasn't a dent, but rather that the plastic window was detached. PS wrapped some extra tissue paper around the doll, and since I don't care at all about the box anyway, it seemed like a nice opportunity to save $10.

It may count as relatively significant because the box is technically open. Just in case someone here don't know what MANDRAKE is (click the English button!) that store can have some insane good prices for obsessive-compulsive level of "damages" to the box. I scored some great stuff at amazing prices this way over there. Also, they say EVERYTHING is "package damaged" just in case of ultra picky customers. So, only when something is labelled "heavily damaged" it reduce the price. But when it is, it's always worth it.
If you're going to debox anyways, then it only matters if the box is so damaged it affected the doll. I'm with you, that the picky box collectors make for a lot of bargains for the rest of us.
(11-05-2018, 03:12 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: If you're going to debox anyways, then it only matters if the box is so damaged it affected the doll. I'm with you, that the picky box collectors make for a lot of bargains for the rest of us.

One must pay attention however. My long waited Drta was cheaper because of a yellowed box. However, now I noticed through the pictures on Mandrake, along the item description, that the skirt is also affected.

I'll see if the skirt damages are significant when she finally arrive.
I was incredibly lucky to be the only bidder on Pullip Street. And here she is!

[Image: l9ymmt6.jpg]

Got her brand new and "sealed" for way less than the original release price. And that's counting shipping and taxes!

My urban T1 trio is finally complete. They look great together. A bit baffling that these 3 are woefully unpopular. No matter, it make them way more accessible and I love it.

[Image: 9o2brQR.jpg]

For more picture and a review, go over here:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7261990&pid=8226915#pid8226915
(11-10-2018, 11:05 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: My urban T1 trio is finally complete.

I am quite astonished that you were able to find all three of these earliest-release Pullips, in box, within a month or so, and at reasonable prices! The Force was with you in this search! Well done, and congratulations on such an intriguing collection of scarce Pullip figures!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(11-10-2018, 01:02 PM)davidd Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 11:05 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: My urban T1 trio is finally complete.

I am quite astonished that you were able to find all three of these earliest-release Pullips, in box, within a month or so, and at reasonable prices! The Force was with you in this search! Well done, and congratulations on such an intriguing collection of scarce Pullip figures!

Yeah, I was damn lucky for those! But I still can't believe that those 3 are not more popular. Even Wind/Debut is being scoffed at by the general public.

Proof: There's a Debut 25$US less than what I paid before that is up to grab on Ebay. The listing is BUY-IT-NOW and is still UNSOLD. It's been A WEEK already! Whacked
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pullip-Debut-Spe...3961274037
[Image: 31950155658_a072560d67_z.jpg]
Carol has arrived! She has more pink blush than I was expecting. It also looks like she's never had her hat off. I wonder if she was a sample sale doll? Unfortunately, she came with a broken foot. Her boots are really snug and while I cut a slit down the back to remove them, someone else was probably not so careful. I have a spare T1 body which I think is a Squall body. So plan A is to try to scavenge it for a fix.
Carol is adorable! Unfortunate for her leg, but the way those dolls are made with screws everywhere, I'm pretty sure the fix will be easy.

If I find a Carol for cheap, I'd display her in her stock outfit for December and the first week of January. Then I'd use my spare winter dress and leggings. I'd get her a handmade knit cap from Etsy for the rest of the season. As for Spring and Summer, I'd get her a handmade dress from Etsy.
….
AH DAMN YOU! THE DESIRE IS STRONG TO DO IT NOW! Whacked
But the credit card is in overload mode and I'll have to listed to reason...…………………………………
……………………
………………………………… Heheh… heheh… heheheheheheheh……….
Let's look at Ebay anyway....
……...Aaaaaaaaaand I'm going to wait. Still, I'm casting the spell. Sooner of later, a cheap Carol will happen. It's just a matter of time. Happy
Yes, I was able to take the lower leg apart and put the Squall's body's foot on in place of the broken one. Then I started digging in the boot to pull out the foot and it's not there. I guess I can't even attempt a repair. Time to contact the seller for not disclosing this fact.
[Image: 45898135361_1772f6332d_z.jpg]

Looks like it's a type 1 party around here lately! I got a used Withered off ebay for super cheap thanks to an auction. She came with her clothes and coat, a stand (one of the metal ones! yisssss) and few items of clothing from the ooold official clothes releases: the hat and (sadly only) one shoe from the stuff enjoy Carol wears, and a polka dot bikini set. I think the other shoe got lost in the mix while shipping, which does suck a little but I'm not too broken up over it since I got her for an absolute steal anyway.

I fixed her hair up some, now I just gotta figure out something on the shoe front unless I rebody her.
Pullip: Jupi, Panda, Papin, Zuora, Holly, Froggy, Street, Noir, Withered, Rovam, Nina, Eternia, Brand New Purezza, Cornice, Naah-Ato (MyuFish Custom)
Taeyang: Filato, Kain, MJ, Timulus, Horizon, Alberic [plus 2 bait heads]
Namu: Serpent, Wolf, Trunk
Dal: Hangry, Fiori, Drta
Isul: Shiraishi Akira, Milk Tea, Classical Mad Hatter, Gosomi
Congrats on your own Withered!
Is your coat decaying like the one I got?
Congrats on finding a Withered for a good price! If you can find some of the older flat foot Barbie shoe packs, those will fit. So will some of the Liv shoes, too.
Finally, after a LOOOOOOGN last, Dal DrTa finally arrived from Mandrake!
[Image: Zrw2Nre.jpg]
So how is she? Go over there for the whole lowdown:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7261997