Show your new Doll!
Kanrabat: yip, that coat is pretty screwed. It didn't look bad at first glance, but looking even a little closely you start to see how bad it is. And congrats on Drta! Def one of my favorite Dals, tho I don't have one myself.
Cornflower Blue: nice! I'll have to search out some, I thought the old Barbie flat shoes might work

My mandarake package also came! I expected her to be another week or so, but ahhhhh. Rovam is sososo pretty in person.
[Image: 30973822437_b64c81b51d_z.jpg]
[Image: 30973822547_2f7ddab3cb_z.jpg]
Pullip: Jupi, Panda, Papin, Zuora, Holly, Froggy, Street, Noir, Withered, Rovam, Nina, Eternia, Brand New Purezza, Cornice, Naah-Ato (MyuFish Custom)
Taeyang: Filato, Kain, MJ, Timulus, Horizon, Alberic [plus 2 bait heads]
Namu: Serpent, Wolf, Trunk
Dal: Hangry, Fiori, Drta
Isul: Shiraishi Akira, Milk Tea, Classical Mad Hatter, Gosomi
That Pirate Pullip is so adorable!
How about getting Hook as her boyfriend? He's surprisingly cheap on Ebay:
https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=taeyang+hook&_sop=15
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Congrats on Rovam! Be careful about leaving the eye patch on, it can stain.
Rovam is on my wish list, but I was fortunate enough to get her stock, so she's moved further down now.

Congrats on getting her, she's very pretty
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I got my Pullip Hatsune Miku!
Thanks to Groove for having her back in stock!

[Image: nDFD7d0.jpg]

I also got a nice little freebie. This cute Steampunk notepad.

[Image: usevwur.jpg]

She come with her card and stand of course. Plus her headset and a pair of negi. For her to hold her favorite vegetable, I'll just use a twist-tie. Man, her hair is so long!

[Image: MwvcErB.jpg]

She will look amazing next to Rin! Now to put her on her stand and.....
…..

Uh?...……. What's is th.….

[Image: NS4PE0F.jpg]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff……………..Rawr!

[Image: fuZUUki.jpg]

140$US plus shipping... 216$CAN total... My most expensive Pullip to date. Not counting obvious aging for Withered and Rhianon, this is the first time I have a doll with a blatant factory defect like this. I know for a fact that Miku is NOT supposed to have such a paint "vandalism" on her.

I mailed Groove. I do hope for at least a partial refund because they are all out of regular Miku and I know for a fact that if I have to return her, she'll be gone forever.

Sigh... Party over. sad
Bad hair and stains are pretty much par for the course when collecting Pullips. Especially if they've been NRFB for years.
(11-21-2018, 02:01 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Bad hair and stains are pretty much par for the course when collecting Pullips. Especially if they've been NRFB for years.

Oh, I can forgive those. But this is no stain. It's a straight-up brush stroke of actual PAINT. With the thickness to go with it. Almost deliberate.

HD and blurry picture (The best my crappy camera can do):
https://i.imgur.com/XfkWRVl.jpg
Oh, I see. I thought it was possible from the pleather outfit coming in contact with the plastic body.
A dab of acetone on a cotton swab should... well, okay, might clean that right up. I hope you can get a partial refund without returning her.

Unfortunately, shipping for even a small parcel from the US to Canada has become stupidly expensive, otherwise I could offer you a swap. I still have a Miku body (it's on a Barbie right now) that I think, if I recall correctly, is in good condition. But it would probably cost me twenty-five dollars to ship it to Canada, and a similar amount for you to ship yours to me. Not worth fifty bucks. So yeah, request a price adjustment, and try the acetone on a cotton swab. Fortunately, it's in a spot that doesn't show when she's dressed.

Or you might be able to find an inexpensive Type IV body on eBay and paint the nails.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Under that silver vinyl shirt, there's a white fabric mesh. So staining is impossible. That spot is really a brush stroke because I see the lines of the brush stroke. Something that don't show on my crappy camera. And to rebody her mean to unglue the wig, something that I refuse to do. BTW, T4 body's hands are removable like a Dal's.

It is in a spot that don't show normally but if Miku decide to go on the beach, the poor girl will be stared at.
I really hope for a partial refund from Groove and I'd try the acetone. I have to wait for their response first.
You can usually pull the wig up from the back and leave it attached to the front faceplate while gaining access to the screws. That makes it pretty easy to glue it back in place, once you're done.
(11-22-2018, 02:29 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: You can usually pull the wig up from the back and leave it attached to the front faceplate while gaining access to the screws. That makes it pretty easy to glue it back in place, once you're done.

This may be something I'll do if I want to keep the OG wig on some Pullip. But I'll stick with acetone for now. I'll do it once everything is settled.

Groove finally responded and they confirmed that my Miku was the very last one. So instead of full refund, I proposed them that I keep the doll and they give me a partial refund/store credit that would make my Miku the price of a Sample Doll.

Conclusion tomorrow. I hope.
All right.
I asked for a partial refund via store credit for my faulty Miku and Groove gave me a 30$US coupon. Better than nothing I guess. slash

Now to clean up that nasty paint. As you can see, it's deliberate "vandalism". There's no staining here.
[Image: jhqhWCh.jpg]

I used acetone to remove the paint, but it left quite the "scar". So I had to finish the job with much sanding using a 2000 grit wet sandpaper. I finished the job with a light coat of MSC. I do hope it's now somewhat acceptable. Better than that "avant-garde tattoo" she had before.
[Image: tWncTKz.jpg]

Miku can finally join Rin! She's magnificent but one must be careful with her overlong ponytails. They frizz easily. Ignoring that initial hiccup, I adore her! I should have gotten her way sooner.

[Image: 9z6UsvQ.jpg]

Oh by the way, I found a use for Miku's box.
MERRY XMASS MOM! LOL
[Image: EyGe2CM.jpg]
We give each others practical cheap gifts this year and mom should stop using that dangerous small ax to help stuck those tutor sticks in the ground for her garden. And her metal brush needed a change. I was wondering how to pack these things and I had the perfect box on hand! Tongue

Anyway, look like saving money for a Dollfie Dream Hatsune Miku will have to wait just a wee bit more. Got a 30$US coupon to spend and I deserve a little Xmass gift from me to me. Happy
New pullips are in town. Angela (omocha crush), posted a set of her dolls on facebook pullip sales and i was two hours late. I missed all the pretty girls. Then she listed a second batch, and thanks to my obsessive facebook checking i saw them within 1 minute of her posting them.
She is super generous, i cant belive she sold me an Ovie and Nomyens faceup girls she beautifully customized. so the faceplates are from the artists but Angela did the rest of the customizing and i thought she did a beautiful job.

This is the nomyens girl. There is not a single line out of place. This artist is an angel.
[Image: 45419641804_eff774406a.jpg]Untitled by goche moche, on Flickr

This is the Ovie girl. Ovie used to be an active member here and i was struck by the beautify of her own customs girls. When i saw the faceplate of this girl on her facebook my heart melted. Then i was happy to learn she went to angela and now she is here with me!
I am very thankful for her. she is so unique in terms of faceup colors. kind of looking like prunella (i am obsessed by that stock girl).
[Image: 31204286177_66bdcaa080.jpg]Untitled by goche moche, on Flickr
Those two are very well made.
Congrats!