Show your new Doll!
(03-23-2019, 10:26 AM)davidd Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 10:03 AM)Kanrabat Wrote: At last, got my order from Mandrake.
And here's Neon Genesis Evangelion Asuka Langley!

She looks really nice in her box like that. You could have kept her for a display piece. But I know you had other plans.

(And the results of the de-boxing are too funny!  LOL)

The pain was real....
Still, the TRUE doll is yet to come.  Happy
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Congrats on the new dolls, all! I agree with what others have been saying; Kumiho is much pretty in owner pics!
Skipping the waiting room entirely, I got a find from a local seller via classified.

Taeyang NOSFERATU!

Used but with box, 100% complete for 150$CAN. Expensive, but a great deal compared to the Ebay alternative.

[Image: hASnhSt.jpg]

For more pictures and a quick review, go there:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7262191
Wow, congrats! :o That's amazing you got him so close to home!
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

(03-26-2019, 03:53 AM)*NatTheCat* Wrote: Wow, congrats! :o That's amazing you got him so close to home!

Hell yeah! And for the price, I'm glad I didnt had to pay shipping and custom. Plus 15 minutes of wait time instead of weeks. smile
Homura Akemi arrived all the way from Brazil! She's bald and her hands are yellowed. She looks fine otherwise! Now I need to a) figure out whether I want a black or dark grey wig for her and b) find out whether or not Obitsu hands fit Pullip bodies. I'm not too offended by her yellowed hands but they are looser than I'd like. Her body is fine otherwise so I don't really want to replace it unless I absolutely have to. 

[Image: tumblr_ppcuwbgplD1rnrtvp_540.jpg]
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
(04-03-2019, 08:49 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Homura Akemi arrived all the way from Brazil! She's bald and her hands are yellowed. She looks fine otherwise! Now I need to a) figure out whether I want a black or dark grey wig for her and b) find out whether or not Obitsu hands fit Pullip bodies. I'm not too offended by her yellowed hands but they are looser than I'd like. Her body is fine otherwise so I don't really want to replace it unless I absolutely have to. 

Obitsu bodies are not that expensive and your doll is already bald. So body swapping would be pretty simple. Plus you could also order the wig from Parabox at the same time that you order the body. This way your Homura would be sure to be perfect.
https://paraboxshop.jp/index_en_jpy.html
(04-03-2019, 09:15 AM)Kanrabat Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 08:49 AM)kadytheredpanda Wrote: Homura Akemi arrived all the way from Brazil! She's bald and her hands are yellowed. She looks fine otherwise! Now I need to a) figure out whether I want a black or dark grey wig for her and b) find out whether or not Obitsu hands fit Pullip bodies. I'm not too offended by her yellowed hands but they are looser than I'd like. Her body is fine otherwise so I don't really want to replace it unless I absolutely have to. 

Obitsu bodies are not that expensive and your doll is already bald. So body swapping would be pretty simple. Plus you could also order the wig from Parabox at the same time that you order the body. This way your Homura would be sure to be perfect.
https://paraboxshop.jp/index_en_jpy.html

Thank you for your input. It'll be my first time body swapping.
---
Own: Pullip Akemi, Pullip Les Secrets by Laduree (Seccotine), Dal Madoka Kaname, Docolla Dal Kyubey, Pullip Homura Akemi, Le Petit Prince The Fox (Vicky), 

Wishlist: Queen Serenity, Princess Serenity, Princess Kakyuu, Sailor Moon in general, Utena, Anthy, Kumiho, Secret Garden of the White Witch, Mami Tomoe, Le Petit Prince The Rose, Isul Le Petit Prince,
---
I can check Obitsu hand compatibility (once I'm home) if you'd like! Otherwise, I doubt her stock outfit will fit the 27cm Obitsu.
<3

So Obitsu is not 1:1 compatible then?
I saw a kit of Neo-Blythes hands on sale at Ebay. I wonder if installibg these hands would be feasable? Because if I recall Homura is a T3 and those hand cannot be removed... Unless they break off.
All right, Obitsu (27cm) hand results!
1. Too thick to fit Pullip Type 4 wrist sockets
2. Hands themselves look too large
(Side note: Obitsu hands look fine on Type 2! The peg is too small, but you could wrap something around to keep it in the Type 2 body.)
Kady, if you want to keep her hands in, you could add some putty inside the joint or wrap tape (I've heard people use teflon tape for Obitsu necks) around that peg. (For yellowing, you could try to just wash the hands, or there's the hair bleach method.)

And no, Kanrabat, Type 3 hands do NOT remove. (They do break off instead.) Tongue. They have a hinge-type joint, rather than peg-in-a-socket, at the wrists.

To best illustrate the size differences in Obitsu vs Type 4, follow this link:
https://www.komonogatari.com/2018/11/13/...ust-small/
Obitsu (27cm) is a tad bigger in general, and definitely thicker in the legs - thicker in general. Type 4 bodies are scrawny little twigs.
<3

So, one should Obitsu a Pullip mostly in case of a full custom with Obitsu compatible clothes. I'll keep that in mind.
Type 1 and Type 2 things should fit 27cm Obitsu (though shoes will be big). Type 3 and 4 are iffy - depends how loosely the oufit fits the Pullip body, and tights will not fit.
<3

If you can find some of the extra hands for the 21/23 cm obitsu bodies, they will fit with a little bit of whittling down of the pegs. I did that to some extras and they look pretty decent on the stock Pullip body. Or you can get some teflon plumber's tape and wrap the peg of her current hands to snug them up so they don't fall out. You can also try benzoyl peroxide zit cream to lighten out the yellow. Coat them and put them in a sunny window until they dry. Repeat until they are a shade you can live with.
Thank you for the input, y'all! I'll try to de-yellow/fix the hands first and go from there!
---

---