Show your new Doll!
What a cool outfit and an excellent birthday present! Happy Birthday! I’m sure Sir Whatshisname will have many exciting adventures at Castle LeJays.... once he finds his name!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
He has a very impressive rat tail. It you fluffed it out it could become a mullet.
(01-08-2021, 02:20 PM)Elfy Wrote: He has a very impressive rat tail. It you fluffed it out it could become a mullet.

Don't care that they're currently the height of fashion - he's not getting a mullet!

If anything, i'm going to practice my plaits & braid it.  I think that will be much more suitable.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(01-08-2021, 02:18 PM)davidd Wrote: What a cool outfit and an excellent birthday present! Happy Birthday! I’m sure Sir Whatshisname will have many exciting adventures at Castle LeJays.... once he finds his name!

Thanks!  He will have many exciting adventures coming up - I need to "invest" in a few swords now for the various military-style members of the family.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(01-08-2021, 02:28 PM)Lejays17 Wrote:
(01-08-2021, 02:18 PM)davidd Wrote: What a cool outfit and an excellent birthday present! Happy Birthday! I’m sure Sir Whatshisname will have many exciting adventures at Castle LeJays.... once he finds his name!

Thanks!  He will have many exciting adventures coming up - I need to "invest" in a few swords now for the various military-style members of the family.

I use metal martini picks I found on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Prodyne-MP-5-Miniature-Martini-Metallic/dp/B000E7ZTZU/
Happy Birthday Lejays! Congrats on your new guy. He does look like a Tristan. I’ve never seen the back of his cloak. It will be interesting to see your photos of him because I don’t think there are a lot of owner photos around. ...And there’s even a horse waiting for him!
The PTFCo pirates’ brand of choice is Mimiwoo:
https://www.mimiwoo.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Sword%20

Loona, it was really interesting reading how you name your J-dolls. I just look for names that sound similar, or at least start with the same letter, in most cases. Once in a while a doll will need a completely different name. I’m glad that Natalie helped you appreciate your Anglais more. grin
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(01-08-2021, 02:06 PM)Lejays17 Wrote:   Said Prince doesn't have a name (from what I understand "Charming" is a description, not a name  LOL ), so we are trying to decide on a name.  It will most likely be an Arthurian name, front-runner is Tristan, but I'm not 100% sold on it.

Well, if he ever get the runs, you could always call him... Prince Charmin'LOL

Nice score BTW!
[Image: 8ZtVOxb.jpg]
Happy belated birthday, and congrats for being spoiled with this handsome fella who can now finally be crossed out from your wishlist ^^ He seems to have some sass in his looks. I hope you'll be able to find a name for him soon - an Arthurian one sounds cool and fitting! And please do go with braids, mullets were something I was happy to see go when they went out of fashion back then, how on Earth could they come back now, and more importantly, why? 2020 was a weird year in so many ways Tongue

Those are some awesome recommendations for weaponry - and martini picks! That's a clever find! I can see the little mister getting all geared-up in no time ^^
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Aw, he's sweet-looking.

My childhood dog-- a totally sweet golden retriever-- was named Tristen, so I think the name fits perfectly smile
It's been a while since I had a new Pullip Familly doll. At last from local  classified, I scored a Taeyang Hook!

100% complete and in perfect shape for a very good price.
All those accessories that I'll never use will go to storage. The sach is ugly and cannot hold the sword. The sword will be annoying to use. And the hook is made out of rubber and barely hold onto the hand. But most importantly, the thing I'll never use are those mustache stickers.

[Image: 3cJ5OWv.jpg]

But Hook NEED his trademark mustache. (No hook mean it's from the time before he encountered Peter Pan.)

So who can help with this? Veronica from Tickety Boo Creations of course!
She did an amazing job for a price that I couldn't say no. Here's young Hook in all of his glory!

[Image: OtmalFI.jpg]

And man, does this moustache is perfect and swell. I can even bend it so that it have the ideal shape easily.

[Image: N9JsIgm.jpg]

Young Hook is looking good, seducing the beautiful Clarity.

[Image: hfJHseO.jpg]
[Image: PFvSB75.jpg]

Young Hook wanted to secure himself a solid future for him and his wife-to-be by finding the greatest treasure ever. But fate made him and his crew hit an unnatural storm at sea and they found themselves in Neverland. But the treasure was close. Hook smelled it.

And then, he encountered a very, very annoying boy dressed like a fairy with queer powers......................

...........................................................................................

Clarity, now Skully, still remember her dear sea captain, forever lost at sea..........

[Image: RGXpOZG.jpg]
That aged Pullip figure is amazing!
This little story is so cute.

And the aged-up Pullip is amazing. Hooks new moustache is just perfect for twirling.
(02-03-2021, 06:36 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: This little story is so cute.

And the aged-up Pullip is amazing.  Hooks new moustache is just perfect for twirling.

Hell yeas he's so dandy! And I was kinda inspired when I put Hook beside Clarity.

By the way, Old Skully is another team effort between me and Tickety Boo Creations:
TRULY completed at long last, my Pullip Holly custom: SKULLY DOOMSAYER! (Updated!) (dollymarket.net)
Cute story - and that is an impressive moustache! I'm happy your collection now has another doll who feels improved and complete with the help of Veronica. I can't speak of personal ex-perience here, but I've heard so many stories about how good it feels when one finds the custom artist who is able to create exactly what they'd like to see - it seems you found yours smile
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(02-03-2021, 11:07 PM)Loona Wrote: Cute story - and that is an impressive moustache! I'm happy your collection now has another doll who feels improved and complete with the help of Veronica. I can't speak of personal ex-perience here, but I've heard so many stories about how good it feels when one finds the custom artist who is able to create exactly what they'd like to see - it seems you found yours smile

Hell yeah! And especially when the artist is easy to communicate with and seems to be willing to tackle the craziest of challenges!