A Sari for Arati
I think it's been almost a year since Arati (Saras) came to live with me, ad it wasn't that long after that I bought some Batik fabrics to make her some simple Saris for her. I finally got around to making her something to wear this past weekend. I know it's not a real sari, but we do what we can. I really enjoyed making this because I got to try new things with my serger. I learned a rolled hem, and how using different colored threads to create an interesting look around the trim. Then I just sewed some fancy ribbon on, but that's pretty standard. Next I need to make her a better choli, and eventually a salwar kameez set (I did a little research for this girl).

Here's Arati enjoying her new clothes.

[Image: 10140914584_989ae0739d.jpg]
Arati's New Sari by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr

[Image: 10141124023_2d75a3517b.jpg]
Arati's New Sari by PaleAngelLex, on Flickr

Arati has a past connection to one of my other girls. They both posed under the same tree, and I think they're my only girls to have had their picture taken there.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
Ohh, so pretty, Byronic! You know, I almost got that same wig for my Saras. It looks fantastic on her, and I love the contrast with the orange saari! Really beautifully done styling!
She's so pretty! I love Indian fashion, so colorful it makes me happy to look at. smile The pattern is beautiful and the color looks great on her with her blue hair. smile
Penelope (Nero), Esme (Papin), Payton (Celsiy), Shelby (Lizbel), Mason (Neo Noir), Aggie (Mercu), Cricket (Heiwa), Lucian (Ni-Ya), Theo (Rayne), Daisy (Dumbo), Iggy (Fanatica), Willow (China China)
My Flickr
Thanks you guys smile I really wanted a nice contrasting color and I'm happy that it worked.

@ vadafade Your Saras is so cute, and I just love the way her hair brings her to life. This wig came out of a blind box. It just looked so nice on her. I almost went with an auburn one, but I really wanted her to have long hair.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Wow -- you got that wig out of a blind box?! That's amazing. It looks like the "antique green" color from For My Doll. I've *almost* bought that color wig for Saras so many times. What brand wig is Arati wearing?
I love the sari--the bright color goes great with her own vivid coloring.
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
I adore this!! Great job on the Sarismile Shes very pretty!
Wow, beautiful! grin I love the pattern & colours.
You did a great job, I love it a lot.

[Image: tumblr_m2313bJDaG1qfamg6.png][Image: tumblr_lkqzdsu2he1qi6qow.gif][Image: tumblr_lkl6qodkIv1qfamg6.png]
(✿◠‿◠)
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Flickr
[Image: tumblr_inline_mpedggLYdS1qz4rgp.gif]My Instagram
[Image: tumblr_lqlg8cr6SL1ql1l0v.gif]

R.I.P
1957-2016 ♥
1949-2018 ♥♥

Ooh, ahh! The sari came out wonderful and it's perfect for Arati!
It's very pretty and it suits her really well <3 I really like how she is sitting under the tree :3
Call me Bee =(^-^)=
My Blythe customising blog: http://beesdreamland.com/
flickr
She's so exotic and beautiful, love her bindi!
Dollies: Enid (Pullip Custom), Matilda (Heiwa)
Etsy shop lolidoli! Custom dolls & sweet fashion and accessories!
Thanks everyone smile I really love making my girls different from each other, and I really love when my girls get compliments.

@vadafade- It's a LeekeWorld wig. I believe the color was Blue Green.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
GORGEOUS Byronic! smile
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)
That sari is AMAZING! You have such patience and talent, I think she even looks a little happier wearing it! smile
Have
Tatianna (Uncanricky), Kittie (Naomi), Omega/Mini-Me (Grell), Alys (Yeolume), Priscilla (Eris), Grell (Male Grell), Nanachan (Nanachan), Sebastianne (Stica), Natalie (Natalie), Sylvie Valentine (Premium Pullip Veritas Crimson Version), Strawberry Rose (Siry), Karen (Karen), Marie (Marie), Angela (Cheshire Cat Steampunk), Alice (Optical Alice), Noir (Regen Noir), Jeanne (Jeanne)
Want
Pullip Alura, Pullip Elizabeth Always on the hunt for Re-Ment
so beautiful. this is one of my favourite dollies around!