Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General chat thread for Monster High
Congrats Severity! I've been seeing Heath/Abby around. I didn't know you were looking for them or I would have let you know. I can't wait to see pictures.

Okay, so I have a scary little story for you all. I broke down and bought myself Jane Boolittle for Easter, because I adore everything about her. I took her home and out of the box and things got weird. Her legs are made out of a hard, hollow sounding plastic. They aren't like my other girls at all, but maybe that's normal. Then, I went to bend her left knee, and it just wouldn't bend. I looked at the joint, and there was this small shiny patch in the inside of the back of her knee. I thought it was glue, so I poked it with a pin. It started leaking! There was liquid coming out of her knee!!! I have no idea what it was. It had no odor or color. I just mopped it up with a paper towel, and it seems to be done now. I have no idea what the heck happened. Anyone else have this problem??
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society
WT ACTUAL F!?! I'm so sorry that happened to you! I never had that problem with mine, you should totes write Mattel about it though! sad
Have
Tatianna (Uncanricky), Kittie (Naomi), Omega/Mini-Me (Grell), Alys (Yeolume), Priscilla (Eris), Grell (Male Grell), Nanachan (Nanachan), Sebastianne (Stica), Natalie (Natalie), Sylvie Valentine (Premium Pullip Veritas Crimson Version), Strawberry Rose (Siry), Karen (Karen), Marie (Marie), Angela (Cheshire Cat Steampunk), Alice (Optical Alice), Noir (Regen Noir), Jeanne (Jeanne)
Want
Pullip Alura, Pullip Elizabeth Always on the hunt for Re-Ment
My Jane did not have those problems!
I used to keep current with the line and I think I have all the dolls released from like the beginning through all of 2013 but there was a sharp/sudden decline in my Monster High interest once I boxed up the grand majority of them because of my move. I had bought exactly one Monster High doll since moving Avea Trotter because centaurs <3. We went to Walmart yesterday, there was a giant floating Monster High display by the electronics section they had a bunch of new characters I hadn't even heard of before I immediately grabbed Lorna McNessie (I'm Scottish, I couldn't resist) and quickly went back for Vandala Doubloons the new ghost pirate as well Sweatdrop
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
I really liked one of the new ones - I think it is the doubloons one you mentioned. I don't like fangs so I didn't end up with Lorna. I want that Freaky Fusion Frankie in the chamber, but she is too expensive.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
I only have Skelita - she fits in with my little coven of dolly misfits (*˘︶˘*)

What I need to know though is which other MH shoes will fit her funny feet?

[Image: 15320760353_4e0acd1d4b.jpg]
My misfits! by addiebabe (*˘︶˘*), on Flickr
Dolly collector and rerooter, rescuer of waifs and strays!!
If Skelita is sitting still on a shelf, the other MH shoes will do just fine (especially the ones that are "closed", like little booties, you know?) if she is being moved about for pictures, you'll have to be careful to keep them on; wearing socks will help!
(12-10-2014, 08:24 AM)Severity Wrote: If Skelita is sitting still on a shelf, the other MH shoes will do just fine (especially the ones that are "closed", like little booties, you know?) if she is being moved about for pictures, you'll have to be careful to keep them on; wearing socks will help!

Really? I always assumed her feet were longer for some reason! I like the idea of little boots and kneesocks, thank you! :-)
Dolly collector and rerooter, rescuer of waifs and strays!!
Her feet are actually a little thinner and smaller! At least on mine, I only have her Scaris debut. But the little green sandals she comes in don't fit well on the other girls; it's a real squeeze but you can get them on. smile

(I have way, way too many MH shoes, both ones that came with dolls I purchased and those I got on eBay. I'll have to show off the shoes sometime!)
I just got a Freaky Fusion Ghoulia for Christmas, who was on my wish list because I want to mod her into a character from Homestuck, or really, get her modded as I've never done it. But now I have her I can't imagine changing her! She's lovely, and even reminds me of myself a little, haha. What with the pigtails and glasses and blue coloring. I guess I'll have to find another doll to mod, or scrap the project entirely!
Oh, oh! I love Homestuck. What character?

I have Twyla and a buncha custom ones I did myself.
Hi, I am new at this community!
I only have a Draculaura (I love her, she is my favorite) but I really like those monster dolls (my little sister has few of them and I am so envious of her childhood XDD
Also, I think EAF dolls are so pretty too, I love Raven Queen

[Image: dracu_by_sei00-d8f6c6w.png]
I just started looking at MH dolls, too. I don't have any yet, but after seeing so many nice customs I wanted to get a second hand doll and try my hand at one. (Although the search has made me think maybe I might want one or two to keep stock.)

At first I thought they all had the same head sculpt, but after seeing some with the face-ups removed, they're all slightly different. Then yesterday I saw a pair of MH shoes on ebay that listed four or five characters they fit. Do they have different size feet, too???
Taeyangs: Sebastian, Horizon, Maguna, Sol, Sebastian Tutor
Dal: Sooni
Pullip: Custom
Isul: Jimmy
Yes, they do have some different sized feet because there are at least 3 different sized bodies, possibly more.
It could be one of two things

1) There are three different sized bodies so there are three different sized shoes so they may be advertising that.
Short bodies- Howleen, Twyla, Lorna McNessie & maybe one other?
Normal sized bodies- Everyone else
Tall bodies- Nefera, Headmistress Bloodgood, Marisol Coxi & Casta Fierce?

2) Also some sellers keyword spam so their stuff will pop up in more searches like if I posted Monster High Shoes- Frankie, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Lagoona & Cleo!!!! versus just Monster High shoes it would show up in a lot more searches.

Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer