Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General chat thread for Monster High
Oh, I thought there were only two sizes, so that's good to know.

I couldn't resist shoes and won one of the pairs I was bidding on and they arrived today. And the pair I was so bummed out about not winning was a pair for one of the dolls that may be a tall body, so perhaps that's a good thing.
Taeyangs: Sebastian, Horizon, Maguna, Sol, Sebastian Tutor
Dal: Sooni
Pullip: Custom
Isul: Jimmy
I don't collect Monster High dolls. But I have a Lagoona that noone want's to buy from me, I am tired of her hanging out in the sales box so I'm going to repaint her, reroot and then sell her ^-^. Now I just need to read up a bit on MH customising wink.
Call me Bee =(^-^)=
My Blythe customising blog: http://beesdreamland.com/
flickr
I'd like to see how your re-root goes. I have looked up how to do re-rooting, but I am still a little scared about taking that on. I'd probably shave and wig a doll before trying it.
I haven't bought a new Monster High in ages but they had Gooliope (the big one) on Amazon earlier today so I caved.
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
So I caved about a month back and bought Gooliope, this past weekend we ended up stopping at a random Target in New Jersey and they had a ton of Monster High on clearance so I ended up buying five new dolls Sweatdrop.
[Image: 19593987111_bb6a64d27c.jpg]
Gloom & Bloom Jane Boolittle was one of the newbies, I also got the Venus from the Gloom & Bloom line as well as River Styxx and Sweet Screams Frankie & Abbey... that's not counting the Scaritage Operetta & Sweet Screams Ghoulia that I had I spotted on clearance and picked up while on vacation. Damn Gooliope, she opened the floodgates back up again! LOLLOL
(06-17-2015, 10:40 AM)Hina Ichigo Wrote: I haven't bought a new Monster High in ages but they had Gooliope (the big one) on Amazon earlier today so I caved.

Someone else I was talking to mentioned this doll. How much bigger than a regular MH is she?
She's 17 inches tall, I haven't deboxed mine yet for photos.
Anybody here watching the SDCC reveals? Sadly, a lot of the stuff they've revealed so far has already been leaked elsewhere but it's nice to see pictures of the physical dolls. I'm more of an EAH fan myself so I've been paying more attention to their reveals but there's some nice MH ones as well.
(07-12-2015, 04:11 AM)Hina Ichigo Wrote: She's 17 inches tall, I haven't deboxed mine yet for photos.
Holy carp!! O_o I'd heard of Gooliope and glanced at pics of her, but I didn't realize she was BIGger! I like her extra joint-age, although I'm not wild about hot-pink dolls. xP

(07-12-2015, 08:14 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote: Anybody here watching the SDCC reveals? Sadly, a lot of the stuff they've revealed so far has already been leaked elsewhere but it's nice to see pictures of the physical dolls. I'm more of an EAH fan myself so I've been paying more attention to their reveals but there's some nice MH ones as well.

Valentine and Whisp are the Monster High SDCC releases for this year, and they look pretty darn good. Their box (they're a two-doll set) is impressive in itself, from what I've seen on eBay. I'd love to have the set, but as far as the prices go on eBay, I'm out of luck for now. sad
<3
[Image: 49035651448_1fbe84a2fc_o_d.jpg]

(07-13-2015, 04:19 AM)*NatTheCat* Wrote:
(07-12-2015, 08:14 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote: Anybody here watching the SDCC reveals? Sadly, a lot of the stuff they've revealed so far has already been leaked elsewhere but it's nice to see pictures of the physical dolls. I'm more of an EAH fan myself so I've been paying more attention to their reveals but there's some nice MH ones as well.

Valentine and Whisp are the Monster High SDCC releases for this year, and they look pretty darn good. Their box (they're a two-doll set) is impressive in itself, from what I've seen on eBay. I'd love to have the set, but as far as the prices go on eBay, I'm out of luck for now. sad

I feel for you! They are really nice looking dolls, but they're not characters I'm particularly attached to, which was a relief since I'm in the same boat as you price-wise. I know for a while there was speculation that Johnny Spirit would be one of the exclusives, and that would have killed me because he's a character I'd really want (he's adorable, plus I'm collecting all the Operetta releases and would want him for couple pics).
My in laws are fabulous enablers and sent a very special Frankie to me

[Image: 19673448705_ed9dec52f9.jpg]Frankie! by Verte Fae, on Flickr

I'm beyond excited to have her!
Heart**Wanted**Heart**Flickr**Heart**Etsy**Heart

She's lovely. I will watch for her.
My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event in June 2024. The theme is Retro Memories Sweet Sixteen.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
(04-05-2014, 05:32 AM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: Depending on the factory and country they are made in, the eyes can be different sizes, and the hair can be a problem. I don't know the specifics on which is which. Some times a doll's hair will be greasy from the glue. In fact, the glue will leach out through the hair plugs. There are fixes for this, but it's gross and a pain.

Oh, boo. I think I have a doll with this greasy hair thing. How do you fix it? Dish soap did not get rid of it. sad
Im normally not a big fan of monster high dolls. They are cute and thats all.. but when i saw these huge frightfully tall dolls i was interested ^^
I will wait until i find clawden. Goliope or so is already avaidable i germany. The other 3 not yet.
i saw body reviews on youtube and they are amazingly poseable..
i think if i get her i will try to custumize her.

i saw in a video someone used acetone. Is thos correct? I only know from bjd and pullips that acetone is a big nono..
flickr
Pullip delight on Facebook
Pullip delight on etsy

My pullip girls:

Ayume (Melissa) * Miyu (Hello Kitty) * Sakura (MIO Custom) * Mizuki (Bonita) * Alice (Romantic Alice) * Merl * Midori (Paja Reg) * Nana (Nanette) * Mei (MIO Custom) * Megumi (MIO Custom) * Niji (MIO Custom) * Sui (Suiseiseki) * Miku (Miku Hatsune)
(07-24-2015, 08:59 AM)zayne Wrote:
(04-05-2014, 05:32 AM)ByronicHeroine Wrote: Depending on the factory and country they are made in, the eyes can be different sizes, and the hair can be a problem. I don't know the specifics on which is which. Some times a doll's hair will be greasy from the glue. In fact, the glue will leach out through the hair plugs. There are fixes for this, but it's gross and a pain.

Oh, boo. I think I have a doll with this greasy hair thing. How do you fix it? Dish soap did not get rid of it. sad

I have managed to get rid of some of the grease by using corn starch. Most people use baby powder, but I never have any around. I always have corn starch though. I just sprinkle some on the head and massage it down to the scalp. Then you take your doll brush and spend forever brushing it out. The tutorial say that you should brush until it's all out and then leave the doll alone. I don't have that kind of time, so I brush until it's mostly out then rinse the hair. It gets rid of the dull look and the hair isn't greasy after. If you try rinsing and the hair is still greasy, then you may have to just keep brushing until all the powder is out.
Feedback
Flickr
ipernity
Currently reading: The Friday Society