Handmade doll props Update 7/6/2016
I hope this is the right section to post this in...

I'm getting a start on one of my doll New Years resolutions and have started making my own doll props! I've been using paper clay to make them, and I've also started needle felting some of them, too. ^.^

[Image: foodprops_zps4df020f4.jpg]

[Image: macaron_zpsbc39d55e.jpg]

[Image: openhamburger_zpsf7d4acac.jpg]

[Image: hamburger_zps22f6b988.jpg]

[Image: pizza22_zpsba887b0b.jpg]

[Image: choccherrydonutfilling_zps24dee0ee.jpg]
^ The bear shaped doughnut is supposed to be a chocolate cherry filled one, but I plan on getting some whipple cream and making a cherry to put on top of it ^

[Image: FullSizeRender10_zps4eaeffae.jpg]

I'm also curious if anyone else here makes their own props, and if so, can so, does anyone have any tips on how to make really really small details, such as say, sesame seeds for hamburger buns and other things like that? Also, I've been wondering if there's any sort of clay that I shouldn't be using? Any other tips any of you may have to share would be greatly appreciated!
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

There all so cute omg!!
The food items look really good! Did you have to paint the paperclay?
(01-16-2015, 01:58 PM)Pink ❤Haired ❤Freak(◕‿◕✿) Wrote: There all so cute omg!!

Thank you. grin I'm glad you like them. ^.^ I'm really happy to be able to make something for my dolls now. smile

(01-16-2015, 02:05 PM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: The food items look really good! Did you have to paint the paperclay?

Thank you so much. smile I actually mainly used pastels to add color to them. yay For some of the things I made, I took white clay and shaved off some pastels and mixed them into it, and for the hamburger patty and buns, pizza crust, and the doughnuts, I just waited for the white clay to dry and then took a paint brush and brushed the pastels on. smile I did use acrylic paint and gloss varnish to do the icing on the doughnuts, though. yay
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

They look really realistic! And yummy! >w<
|My Tumblr||My Flickr||My Facebook|
Keep Moving Forward
They're making me hungry! smile
Very cute indeed!

You can use Micro beads (paper/stamping supplies) or seed beads (jewelry). You can find them at the craft stores in the departments stated in parentheses.
(01-16-2015, 07:15 PM)oonyaoo Wrote: They look really realistic! And yummy! >w<

Aww, thank you! ^.^ I was trying to make them look as much like real food as I could. smile

(01-16-2015, 08:21 PM)Brill Wrote: They're making me hungry! smile

xD Funny you should say that, because I was getting really hungry too while making them. ^^;

(01-16-2015, 10:10 PM)ladywindsor Wrote: Very cute indeed!

You can use Micro beads (paper/stamping supplies) or seed beads (jewelry). You can find them at the craft stores in the departments stated in parentheses.

Thank you! yay And that's a really good idea! Thank you so much!

*Sprites made by me*

I love them. Especially the burger smile
I love the macaroon on the second pic! If it was me I'd make it in every color grin
[My Flickr]
ISO: Pullip Yuki stock wig / Pullip Panda glasses / Dal Tweety stock outfit / Byul Secomi stock outfit

They look amazing! You are quite talented with your attention to detail.
My DM Feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7256302

My Ebay Feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=asciisensei&ftab=AllFeedback&items=25
(01-16-2015, 11:59 PM)Brill Wrote: I love them. Especially the burger smile

Hehe! That one's my husband's favorite, too! yay I'm thinking about making more to go on it, like a tomato slice, if I can make one that tiny. :3

(01-17-2015, 12:15 AM)beajjai033 Wrote: I love the macaroon on the second pic! If it was me I'd make it in every color grin

Thank you! ^.^ And I've been thinking about making at least two more macarons in different colors, since it seems kind of lonely looking to me all by itself. xD

(01-17-2015, 06:26 AM)Kyubi09 Wrote: They look amazing! You are quite talented with your attention to detail.

Aww thank you! That comment really made my day! ^.^ It really helps motivate me to try making even more things! x3

*Sprites made by me*

Wow, fantastic job! These are really good!
Made a couple of more food items! x3 This time I made a stack of pancakes and a hotdog. smile

[Image: Pancakes_zpsa709fcd6.jpg]

[Image: hotdog2_zps0e1b5f0c.jpg]

[Image: hotdog1_zpsb27f8d7a.jpg]

[Image: hotdog3_zps6fb14578.jpg]

(01-17-2015, 12:37 PM)Briscuit Wrote: Wow, fantastic job! These are really good!

Thank you so much! yay I'm glad you think so!

*Sprites made by me*

That's pretty neat. They look very convincing. smile
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]