The newbs
Please pardon my crossposting--I've also spammed this topic on Dollchemy, one of my other haunts.

There has been some slight population growth of my doll shelves. Despite the overcrowding of my shelf, and my delusional self swearing that each doll will be THE LAST, I still end up with more dolls. So instead of lying to myself, I should just resign myself to the fact that I'll continue to obtain more doll residents and I should really be looking for a bigger shelving unit! XD

It's been a pretty tough year for my family ever since my grandmother passed in January. Since then, I just didn't feel like doing much of anything except read and play some videogames. It's surprising that my response to all of this wasn't just to rage-quit and sell all the dolls. I'm slowly getting back to normal, or the new-normal anyway.

Here are some of the new faces you may see in my flickr photostream...or not, since I'm not all that active on flickr anyway.

In late December/early January, I asked Janeen (Doll Angel) to give Zen, one of my Taeyangs a custom face-up. I have a thing for custom face-ups, and even more of a thing for Taeyangs with custom face-ups. She was quick with the "plastic surgery" and I had my Taeyang head with his awesome new face within a couple of weeks, all for a reasonable price. The only reason Zen wasn't in my photos is because he didn't have a suitable wig...until now.
[Image: 17428685359_71ae15a11d.jpg]Zen (MIO custom Taeyang) by KiraKira a.k.a. JustLikeWasabi (but you can call me Shann!), on Flickr

[Image: 17427405880_560f1a534a.jpg]Zen (MIO custom Taeyang) by KiraKira a.k.a. JustLikeWasabi (but you can call me Shann!), on Flickr

You may have seen Mayumi (a.k.a. Mokka) before. She's a Nahh-ato with a custom face-up who previously lived with MissEdith and then Vanie. She's an island girl now (even though she loves wearing PaleAngelAccessories sweaters), and now that she's met Zen, she's not planning to leave anytime soon. Or Ever.
[Image: 16992406644_6b33dc1885.jpg]Zen and Mayumi (Mokka) by KiraKira a.k.a. JustLikeWasabi (but you can call me Shann!), on Flickr
(Mayumi's wig is getting on my nerves. I like the color, but it's seen better days and is very dry and frizzy. I see a new wig in her future).

Kei is the Pullip Fraulein head that I bought as part of a split. She was the good-natured volunteer in my Zeenie Dollz / Pullip rebodying experiment. She enjoys towering over all the other dolls on her new body, and even more so in high-heeled shoes. While my preference is the older Pullips with the heavier, rounder heads/faces, I've got to say that this girl looks pretty good rewigged and rechipped.
[Image: 17428575429_1e58a8c1f6.jpg]Kei, the New Girl... (Pullip Fraulein) by KiraKira a.k.a. JustLikeWasabi (but you can call me Shann!), on Flickr

And last but certainly not least, this is Kyo. He had been hanging around as a headless body since I had sent his head on to Angeltoast to be given a pretty new face-up. I'm so glad that Angeltoast paints all sorts of dolls and isn't strictly BJD only. She told me that she has a Taeyang too so she's familiar with doing face-ups on them, and would be happy to give my doll a new look. While her price is quite possibly the most I've paid for a face-up on any of my dolls, I will say it was definitely worth every penny.
[Image: 17615058685_569966f884.jpg]Kyo by KiraKira a.k.a. JustLikeWasabi (but you can call me Shann!), on Flickr

I had resigned myself to having Kyo being the only doll without a counterpart, but good thing for that split with Cornflower Blue, so I was able to get Fraulein's head. Kyo and Kei are hitting it off quite nicely...they keep each other company on my doll shelf.
[Image: 17428716729_a38dc2447f.jpg]Smitten by KiraKira a.k.a. JustLikeWasabi (but you can call me Shann!), on Flickr

Thanks for looking! smile
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
I'm sorry about your grandmother. ((hugs)) In time, it gets easier... hopefully you will remember more happy moments.
Lucky dolls, getting to become island girls/guys. The custom faceups really are nice. I love the third pic... Mayumi's expression is adorable.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope all the nice memories you have of you and your grand mother will ease the pain in time.

Good to hear you are (re-)finding yourself again! As well as your interest for the hobby, must say i really like Mayumi. She has a gorgeous face up!
So sorry to hear about your grandmother, dear. *hug*

Really love your custom faceup-guys! They look great smile
~*~ What dreams did you chase to get to this place? ~*~
thank you for the kind words . smile

I really love custom dolls...I can't resist them.
What a cute bunch Heart I hope these little ones bought a little more happiness in to your life !

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

- The Girls -
Veritas My Melody x 2 Hello Kitty x 2
Nina Chill x 2 Papin Fanatica Nana Chan
Greggia Nahh-Ato x 4 Ddalgi Stella Sfoglia
Lunatic Queen x 2 Peter Pan '14 Kirakishou Nanette
La Robe Vert Clair Favorite Ribbon Prupate x 2
Yeolume x 2 Puki JouJou x 2 Maretti
Sucre Chanti Heart Macaron

[Image: 25zqs0p.png]

>> Click to add me on Flickr <<
>> Click to add me on Tumblr <<

Thank you, Chihiro! I can say that I'm feeling much better now, and yup, having the dolls around on the shelf really helped.
So sorry for your loss!

Both the new guys look great!
I too, am sorry that you had lost your grandmother... sad

However, I do love all of your dollies! They all look really good, and that wig really does look amazing on Zen! And Kyo's faceup is gorgeous!
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

My condolences and sending good thoughts to your family.

Your new dollies are beautiful, Kyo is hands down my favourite, the colours and style of the face up are perfect. smile
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
Your dolls are fab - I love how you have them paired up. They all look so right together and it's really interesting reading how they came to be part of your group.
HeartHeartHeart
Sixpence & Song

(Custom Blythe & Custom Pullip)
HeartHeartHeart
Thanks so much! I really like how Kyo's face-up turned out...I have a couple of BJDs with Angeltoast face-ups, but I had no idea on how she would do a Taeyang face-up. I'm very happy with it.

I like pairing off my dolls...I feel like they're lonely if they don't have a partner. Too much influence from watching Toy Story, I guess (the part where Woody talks about all the toys needing to get a moving buddy...).
Mayumi is so adorable~ Heart I really like Naah-ato's tan underneath that shiny face Tongue
Fraulein can be really pretty with some modifications.
And the Taeyangs are gorgeous! Kyo looks fierce. I love how great and different customs turn out smile
[My Flickr]
ISO: Pullip Yuki stock wig / Pullip Panda glasses / Dal Tweety stock outfit / Byul Secomi stock outfit