PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Mar. 27)
(11-17-2020, 06:49 PM)dunneh Wrote: ...  we can rebuild her! We have the technology! LOL

That could get ex-pensive!  LOL  (Fun reference!)
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Wow! A $6,000,000 doll!
Oh no! Poor Daesani! She will definitely make it with her mum's diligent efforts!

I've been relatively careful with my dolls; I believe only two have hit the concrete. When I pulled Nanette out of her box after a long while, her head snapped off her Obitsu and rolled across the carpet! Thankfully, I wasn't outside when it happened; I would've been so devastated!
(11-19-2020, 03:46 PM)Aijo Wrote: I've been relatively careful with my dolls; I believe only two have hit the concrete. When I pulled Nanette out of her box after a long while, her head snapped off her Obitsu and rolled across the carpet! Thankfully, I wasn't outside when it happened; I would've been so devastated!

Uh.... that was pretty scary to read, glad to hear her head fell on relatifely soft ground.

Speaking of this (and sorry for hijacking the thread!),  I'm not familiar with long-term Obitsu behaviour, as I've only just recently done my first rebodying (to a Pullip who - turning back to the original topic - came to me MIB AND with both wrists broken off! She's one of those T3s that were so prone to broken wrists already back when they were new), but I was wondering if the Obitsu body is fit for holding that heavy head for long years - she's sitting with her head tilted to the side, so I assume her neck joint must be under constant pressure. Is neck-snapping a common thing, and is it rather recommended that one stores Obitsued Pullips with their heads propped up/leaning into something for support, or in a lying position?

Also (and this is also back to topic smile ), I've seen hybrid dolls with only parts of their bodies changed to Obitsu parts - could this not be done with hands? Obitsu sells spare hands (and arms too) in several sizes, if the repair doesn't work for Daesani, would there possibly be a fitting replacement hand or arm for her in the Obitsu world? This could actually also resolve hand yellowing issues - something I remember some of Alliecat's dolls also suffer from (and which is also a common issue with Pullips - one of my girls also has it).
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Daesani thanks everyone very much for all their kind wishes wink
She's also happy her comments were taken in the vein they were intended, applicable to plastic people, and not suggesting humans should go out and do risky things in the middle of a pandemic, cos that would make you stupid... xp

(11-17-2020, 08:41 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: not even keeping them in box will keep them safe, it will just keep them from having fun.
All too true!  Headband shine, crumbling clothing, melt.  

It certainly is a fiddly repair.  It took several tries.

[Image: 50635646088_d76048194a_o.jpg]

Yes, I've been in the market for T4 hands for ages, since Dawn's started discolouring.  Obitsu hands require some modification.  Nobody seems to have any arms to spare, and finally after begging again over on FB, I bought 2 left hands from someone in GA.  I had a spare right one, (funny story)... so now Dawn has properly coloured hands again and she is very happy!

[Image: 50636359431_ccb2a1769f_z.jpg]

There was a bit of sun earlier today but it was nearly gone again by the time we did these.

[Image: 50636441607_62e07503fa_z.jpg]

[Image: 50636441707_578244e86e_z.jpg]

Ironically, the new hands being a match for Dawn, are not a match for Dae, but, Dawn's discoloured hands could serve Dae in a pinch.  We are still seeking any and all T4 hands, especially grabby ones.

[Image: 50636441382_23591ec234_z.jpg]
"Hey, can you give me a hand...?"

The dress is new... I ordered it in May and it arrived a week or 2 ago. Haha!  Had Dawn in mind because of the red, but, Daesani looks pretty good in it too.

[Image: 50636442137_108ff9a980_z.jpg]

[Image: 50635610068_6b02981efe_z.jpg]
Another tiny patch of the last remaining sun in the backyard.

[Image: 50635610013_aa1487aabb_z.jpg]

[Image: 50636441812_3ff657efa1_z.jpg]

[Image: 50636442057_faae0e0f10_z.jpg]

Unbelievably and ridiculously, sometime between yesterday's shoot and today's, her MIDDLE finger tip on the SAME HAND broke off!!!!  I can't believe it.  I also can't tell from the photos when it happened.  She hasn't had to grip any swords or anything.  After looking at every piece of lint in the vicinity of today's shoot, I conclude that piece is gone.  It doesn't show as much as the pinky.  But WTF, with Groove's plastic!!?!?!!!  Rawr!
Did I mention, we are still in the market for T4 hands...?
Poor girl needed a glamour shoot in a nice dress to make her feel better.

Also, Daesani is a hard NO on the hook hand.  Hooks are not glam at all, and with a hook she couldn't do THIS.

[Image: 50635609588_4d3d8a0e30_z.jpg]

[Image: 50636359176_2b493396c6_z.jpg]

[Image: 50636359351_aa71eff59d_z.jpg]

[Image: 50636359886_f92ef0c153_z.jpg]

[Image: 50635609243_38cf81744d_z.jpg]

'nighty-night, everyone -- thanks for following yay
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Oh no! Daesani can't catch a break, poor thing! I never realised t4 hands were so finicky. Makes me worry about my Eclata given she has close to no replacements.

The photos are great though, that spotted dress especially is so cute with the bow!
♥ ~ |  INSTA | FLICKR | FB | ~ ♥

Dunneh. Get yours at bighugelabs.com
The dress looks great on both of them. Dawn seems very happy with her new hands. I hope you can find at least one replacement hand for Daesani.
I believe the suggestion was for a hook finger, not an entire hand.

I actually did not know that Pullip made hands in positions other than the simple flat kind. All my Pullips have the same hands.

That last photo is very nice with the fairy lights resembling stars.
Poor Dae, loosing her grip finger by finger... I hope you'll be able to get your hands on some... hands... soon!

That polka dot dress is adorable!
Dawn seems so proud of her new hands. And dress (that apparently took a world trip on a ship before it reached you. Where did it come from?). She's just so cheerful, she instantly triggers a smile when I look at her ^^

Daesani is such a temptess on those last pictures! It's such a shame her hand is deteriorating further though... I guess the plastic has hardened and become brittle - though I haven't seen that happening to doll plastic--- yet. To doll (and pony) hair, yes, but not to doll hair that is less than 10 years old like Dae's hands are. I really don't understand why Groove hasn't yet offered spare hands up for sale on their website - since the molds are already there and are constantly in use for new dolls that are still coming out on this same body, it shouldn't really be that difficult to manufacture more hands - and I'm sure people would buy them even if they were overpriced. And especially the grabby hands which are used so rarely. I would grab (lame pun, sorry Tongue ) a few of those too, it would be great to swap for photos.
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
(11-23-2020, 08:09 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Poor Dae, loosing her grip finger by finger... 

This observation has me wondering: has Dæsani ever visited Moloka'i?
Thanks everyone smile

(11-24-2020, 07:53 AM)Loona Wrote: Dawn seems so proud of her new hands. And dress (that apparently took a world trip on a ship before it reached you. Where did it come from?). She's just so cheerful, she instantly triggers a smile when I look at her ^^
Daesani is such a temptess on those last pictures!  I really don't understand why Groove hasn't yet offered spare hands up for sale on their website - since the molds are already there and are constantly in use for new dolls that are still  coming out on this same body, ...
That's a really good point.  I suppose it's not worth their time to make and ship hands when they can charge so much for full dolls and not care how they deteriorate.  Their QC does make me scratch my head; I mean, look at the history of melt & broken wrists and so on.  Daesani's upper arms have also turned a different colour than the rest of her -- I mean why use different plastic for those little pieces?!

She is very good at the sultry look wink
And yes, Dawn has such a lovely cheery ex-pression.
The dress was from Aliex-press and got hung up in the pandemic mail clot.  I still haven't got the other one I ordered at the same time, and another gadget from the same week in May, came in October.

(11-24-2020, 11:29 AM)davidd Wrote: This observation has me wondering: has Dæsani ever visited Moloka'i?
Ew. NO.
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Ahhhh, the repair looks good!

And the pictures look fantastic
(11-24-2020, 12:34 PM)Alliecat Wrote: Daesani's upper arms have also turned a different colour than the rest of her -- I mean why use different plastic for those little pieces?!

That bugs me a lot too - I noticed it on Dae, I came across it a number of times on photos posted on Flickr, and my Miku* has it too. It's also beyond my understanding how and why any parts of the body would be made from a different plastic - especially when there's plenty of evidence of different plastics aging so differently (vintage My Little Ponies with head-body mismatches are another "great" example). The same goes for the hands, but I find it much more annoying in the lower part of the upper arm, to me that looks much more odd, and much less cureable than a discoloured hand.

*well, technically it was Yuki who had it, but since I've swapped out her upper arms with those of Miku (because for whatever reason, LOL Miku does not come with her signature upper arm tattoo, and I didn't want Snow Miku to have a red tattoo), they technically belong to Miku now.
My Flickr Gallery blush

So I can, so I can
Thanks, guys smile
Really, Loona?  I'm a little comforted to know someone else's doll has this too, although it sucks for you as well!  slash  I wonder how common it is.  I don't recall seeing it elsewhere.
The reason I had a spare right hand was that when I took Dawn to PUDDLE, I'd just returned to my hotel room & realized her hand was missing.  AUGH!!  I retraced my path all the way back down to the conference room, bent over & looking at the floor all the way; must've looked weird on security cameras...  Somewhere along the way I found a hand!!!  Wheeeee!  So lucky!  So relieved!  I went back to my room, & while rummaging in the dolls' gear, I found....  another hand!  So in the hall I'd found someone else's hand.
If I recall, I did make it known that I'd found a hand, but no one claimed it.  Guess the owner hadn't noticed yet.  So we ended up with an extra.  After all this time, she got to use it.

It rained all day; there was hardly any daylight; I'm stuck with flash pictures indoors; UGH.

[Image: 50651734707_1b67431363_o.jpg]
"""Is it time yet? Is it time yet? Is it time yet?"""
Not yet, girls.  Be patient, cross our fingers....

[Image: 50651649776_c63060d2e9_o.jpg]
"Oh... Okay....  Come on, Howard, give us flowers...."

Beallara Marfitch 'Howard's Dream', known informally around here  as Howard, lives on the sunny hot kitchen windowsill, & has struggled to grow decent leaves ever since I got him.  Every once in a while (like I think, 3x ever?) he gives me some flowers.