PrettyTiny Film Company -- random pix (Mar. 27)
Oh My That... looks... uh-MAZE-ing!!!

Outstanding editing!

And yesss... the world needs JEDI PIRATES!

Magazine interview? As interviewer, or subject?

And I'm sure you'll have your news article in by 4am... maybe 4:30.   yay
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Jedi Pirates is perfect! Just what we need at the moment!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Jedi Pirates! Pitch that to Disney. I think they’d go for it.
(02-22-2021, 04:18 PM)davidd Wrote: Magazine interview? As interviewer, or subject?
And I'm sure you'll have your news article in by 4am... maybe 4:30.   yay
I made it by 3, so there Tongue
Interviewer.  Sunsette stamped her foot and said SHE should be the interviewee, because don't people realize how ultra-fantastico she is?!

I made another one.  Different method; the problem with having out-of-date equipment is all the tutorials use junk my old Photoshop doesn't have.  At first I wasn't real happy with the effect with this method, but when I pored through screencaps, I see that even in the movies the effects differ.  So, whatever, I guess...

[Image: 50984576211_81a3309de9_o.jpg]

Further playing with Photoshop.
NASA won't tell you this officially, but they already found life on Mars.  Plastic life doesn't need water.

[Image: 50984650101_d6e810619d_z.jpg]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
The first photo-bomber on Mars!

I love the semi-silhouette swordfight... lazer swordfight! Like a science fiction Captain Blood... with cute girl pirates!

When does the movie come out? Can I pre-order tickets online?

Several of us do, indeed, recognize and appreciate how ultra-fantastico Sunsette is, but word hasn't really got out much. Maybe she needs to hire a better publicist.
Tongue
Very cool light sabers, and the Mars photobombing made me LOL!
Oookay, so somehow I totally missed the previous photo :O Jedi pirates are totally frickin' cool! And the idea is totally plausible, spaceships are still ships, they just move around in a different material. Honestly, I am now somewhat surprised we haven't yet seen space pirates in Star Wars (or at least I don't remember any in the cinematic canon I'm familiar with). Both photos turned out nice, and much more than nice for a first and second try! I can't choose one that I'd like better, both look awesome - and yeah, the films did have them different too.

Ah, Sunsette, you little photobomber! smile That edit is super cute.
So, is there oxygen on Mars, though? Or does her run on something else? In case of the latter, can we assume Pullips come from Mars?

(02-22-2021, 04:12 PM)Alliecat Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 06:59 AM)Loona Wrote: ...our height above sea level and the resulting climate result in mostly oak/similar deciduous forests here
So do you get some nice fall colours?  Yes, you might like our winter 'green' woods.
Yes, we do get that. Unfortunately though, I don't find fall colours nice... But hopefully that will be over soon - I'm still bummed we never got actual snow, but at least there will be green again soon. Nature is visibly stirring, in the process of waking up. We went on a little outing today, and the woods were full of snowdrops. I wish I had a doll along to take some photos with them, but the idea came randomly alerady after I left home.
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
(02-27-2021, 05:31 PM)davidd Wrote: When does the movie come out? Can I pre-order tickets online?
LOL
PTFCo needs to live up to its name and make another movie.  They just take Sooo Much TIME.  slash

(02-28-2021, 05:52 AM)Loona Wrote: ... I am now somewhat surprised we haven't yet seen space pirates in Star Wars (or at least I don't remember any in the cinematic canon I'm familiar with).
....can we assume Pullips come from Mars?
Pullips are from Mars, Taeyangs are from....
...no wait, that's not right.... xp
Probably have to get into the extended universe novels to find anything like pirates... like some of the post-Empire warlords.
And a snowdrop-woods sounds wonderful.  I've seen photos & would love to visit one.

Not done playing with lightsabers yet but for now, Dolls With Flowers again, featuring Cherie!

[Image: 51030064073_57ac5c7d7b_o.jpg]

[Image: 51030895017_21766f1ed8_o.jpg]

[Image: 51030791636_006ce114fd_o.jpg]

[Image: 51030791691_0320243e27_o.jpg]

Thanks for looking!  smile
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Isn't Lando Calrissian a pirate? And Han Solo, sort of?

The "Pullips are from Mars..." reference made me laugh! (Because I laugh at references that are older than some of the forum members.)

I'm delighted for you that you're having sunny, warm days with flowers, even if they are store-bought flowers. I hope the weather continues to get nicer.
Love the way she’s cuddling the flower.
Han is actually a smuggler. Lando is too, occasionally. He’s also a gambler and con artist. Han dabbles in both of those sidelines as well.
The photos of her hugging the flower is very cute, o like the contrast between her hair & tge bloom.

Photo bombing of Mars also made me laugh, but I forgot to say so when you posted it.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(03-14-2021, 08:55 AM)Elfy Wrote: Han is actually a smuggler. Lando is too, occasionally. He’s also a gambler and con artist. Han dabbles in both of those sidelines as well.

According to this article – https://www.thegamer.com/star-wars-cool-...alrissian/ – Lando stole Emperor Palpatine's space yacht. That would make him a pirate.

According to the same article, Lando later "eliminated" two of the accomplices who helped with the space yacht caper. That would make him even more of a pirate.

Personally, I'm not big in to anything outside of the original three movies, but the line "you old pirate," coming from another scalawag, suffices for me. Among many other things, Lando was, in my mind, a pirate.

And yes, I'm hijacking Alliecat's topic, but since the discussion is about both Star Wars and pirates, I don't think she'll mind too much!
Lovely photos! And a lovely bouqet - I really like tulips, though they are so short-lived sadly - especially in a vase.
My favourite one out of this bunch is definitely the 3rd one - she looks like she's trying to smell the tulip, and also a little lost in thought - maybe the smell reminded her of something? Well, wait, did it even have any fragrance (I think tulips seldom do)?
My Flickr Gallery blush

"I wear my sunglasses at night
So I can, so I can
See the light that's right before my eyes"
Thanks, gang smile

(03-14-2021, 11:07 AM)davidd Wrote: And yes, I'm hijacking Alliecat's topic, but since the discussion is about both Star Wars and pirates, I don't think she'll mind too much!
Hehehe...
Interesting article, apart from the painful writing...  Smuggler vs. pirate sounds like the same kinda grey zone encompassing privateer vs. pirate in our world.  Some of the former became the latter, and some of the latter claimed to be the former LOL
Yeah, I'm gonna go with "smuggler" too... real pirates would be rampaging around killing everybody.

(03-15-2021, 04:23 AM)Loona Wrote: Lovely photos! And a lovely bouqet - I really like tulips, though they are so short-lived sadly - especially in a vase....Well, wait, did it even have any fragrance (I think tulips seldom do)?
It was very faint.  And ain't that the truth about short-lived.  This batch didn't have a price on it, and I decided I didn't care because I was celebrating finally getting my car back, but it turned out to be rather overpriced for the fact that they didn't open, and all drooped pretty quickly.  Oh well.  They were nice for a couple of days! LOL

Dolls With Flowers, again.  A few more of Pam with the Christmas cactus.
It can be hard to nail focus on a little face with shallow DOF, so I was really pleased with these considering hand-held on the floor in a corner of the kitchen wink

[Image: 51048153946_3cacdc0696_o.jpg]

[Image: 51047423833_0049c41f49_o.jpg]

[Image: 51048153906_3490413048_o.jpg]
"... hand-held on the floor in a corner of the kitchen."

LOL I wanna see the "making of" photos!

I agree, these pics turned out very nicely with the shallow depth of field, which I commented on in the other post. 'Cuz yeah, it ain't easy to get right!

(And yeah, "painful writing," i.e. the Internet norm.  slash )