My first doll! Inroducing Nikolaj
So I discovered Pullips in late June, and fell in love with Taeyang Hash. I didn't want to impulse buy, but after he briefly sold out on Pullipstyle, I realized how badly I wanted him. They restocked, and now he's mine.

I named him Nikolaj. Getting him out of the box was rather an endeavor, as was examining his clothes/ self. Both his feet fell off when I tried to take his boots off (just unscrewed, not snapped), and I actually ended up keeping them off and just putting the boots on over his pants to prevent further damage. His knees are rather creaky, but otherwise he seems pretty agile. I rather like him smile His eyes are gorgeous. And his clothes are pretty cool.

I also got Little Pullip Dog, but she has expressed a deep desire not to be a dog, so I'm waiting to photograph her till I can make her a proper outfit.

A few pictures of Nikolaj... (my first time photographing a doll... I'm looking forward to experimenting further and improving...)

[img]IntroNclose-up<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

[img]Nik1<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

[img]Nik3(effects)<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]
Congratulations on your new Taeyang! I love red haired dolls and his wig looks like a lot of fun. I look forward to seeing photos of your Little Pullip Dog.
Eee, you did buy Hash!! I'm so glad you went with the doll you first fell in love with rather than buying a girl. smile

I love his name!

He looks amazing, Hash is a great doll! I got mine nude, but I have seen his stock in person on another person's doll and it was some very nice stock. It's good that he doesn't have one of those elaborate but useless outfits. His can look pretty casual.

Your first doll photos are definitely good for first doll photos, and I can't wait to see your little Pullip redressed!
Congrats, I love Hash!
Yay!! Congratulations on getting your first doll! Isn't exciting when that one you've been looking at and decided you MUST HAVE, finally arrives!
Thinking about it a while is a good idea and does help you not impulse-buy. Then after a while if you still Really Really Want That Doll... then go for it smile
I have some creaky-jointed dolls too -- one very creaky. It's a little unnerving. That's probably a good idea to just put his boots on to prevent further damage. (Only in the doll world can one say something like "I just left his feet off..." & others think it's reasonable! LOL )

(08-07-2015, 11:12 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I also got Little Pullip Dog, but she has expressed a deep desire not to be a dog, so I'm waiting to photograph her till I can make her a proper outfit.

Hahaha! My wee Scarlett also expressed a deep desire to not be whatever odd red fuzzy creature she was supposed to be.
Looking forward to more of your pix.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Congratulations on your first doll! Hash is so cool!
[Image: PAA_zpsf228551a.png]
~Parfait (Dal Heart Macaron), Alice (Pullip Alice du Jardin), and Amethyst (Custom MIO Pullip), my most special dolls <3~

*Sprites made by me*

Congratulations on your first doll! He's very cool and versatile! Looking forward to seeing more pics from you!
My Pullip blog:
NeverTooOld4Dolls
My Pullip YouTube Channel:
MT's Pullip Dreams
My Flickr (scrapbooking & Pullips):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mercytiara/
Congrats! He looks great and you sound like you're having a good time—i.e., the way it should be. I wouldn't worry too much about creakiness, after all, you can't hear it in a photo or when they're posing nicely on their stand.
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
Congrats on getting Nikolaj and Bremen dog! Your first pictures look great, looking forward to seeing more. And as others have said, don't worry about the creakiness. My first 'play' doll (Dal Tezca) is extremely creaky in the hips and knees. First time i tried to pose her i thought i would break her... But i have found that she is also quite sturdy in the hips and knees which helps with posing (contrary to her friend Byul Rhiannon whom i refer to as princess flopsy)
I bought him his first outfit a day after I got him... a $5 Ken outfit at Target. I think he looks rather dapper smile

[img]Nik4(tie)<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

And here he is in his stock shirt with Ken pants and his stock necklace charms on a slightly longer chain.

[img]Nik5(stars)<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]
Congratulations and lucky him getting a new outfit too!