Happy 10th Birthday DM!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17 inch
11-23-2017, 02:31 PM
RE: 17 inch
Sorry to "necro" such an old, outdated topic. Then again, the "necro" thing is so appropriate to Monster High! Or at least, appropriate to the "old school" Monster High, before the line was diluted and made all cutesy and stuff.

Anyway, to illustrate the relative size of the Frightfully Tall Ghouls, here's 17-inch Elissabat sporting a pair of American Girl scale eyeglasses:

[Image: 25642332674_530d973ea2_z.jpg]

Isn't she just the moddest, grooviest chick with those '60s style bangs and those over-sized granny glasses?

They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2017, 10:10 AM
I think I'd have to paint over those fangs to get the full effect. But I am surprised that they fit so well.

My Flickr
My Feedback
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-26-2017, 02:22 PM
she looks beautiful smile

Is there a 17" Ghoulia or Spectra? I am (clearly) out of the MH world but I would love one of them in the bigger size.

Quince
11-27-2017, 05:26 AM
(11-26-2017 02:22 PM)Miss Edith Wrote:  Is there a 17" Ghoulia or Spectra? I am (clearly) out of the MH world but I would love one of them in the bigger size.

I believe the "Frightfully Tall" 17-inch line was limited to Elissabat, Draculaura, Clawdine, and Frankie. Gooliope is sometimes considered part of this line because of her size.

There was also a line of 28-inch figures which included Skelita and several color variants called Beast Freaky Friends.

To the best of my knowledge, there was never a 17-inch release of Ghoulia or Spectra.

They're not dolls, they're action figures!
11-27-2017, 07:12 AM
well poop :/ I thank you for your reply, I didn't expect those 2 to have been released but I hoped smile

I love Frankie but I don't need a large version. You have given me a mission for right now -- to see the 28" Skelita LOL I can't imagine an MH doll that size!

Quince
11-27-2017, 07:26 AM
I would have been all over Ghoulia.

My feedback:
http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread.php?tid=539796

Join us at the Pullip and Dal Doll Lovers Event on June 23, 2018! The theme is the Spell of the Sea.
http://www.puddlestyle.com/
11-27-2017, 11:38 AM
(11-27-2017 07:26 AM)TrueFan Wrote:  I would have been all over Ghoulia.
Me too! I passed on the others.

My Flickr
My Feedback
11-28-2017, 04:34 AM
I didn't know there was a 17" Elissabat! She's one of the few newer dolls before the reboot I actually like. MH never seems to listen to their fans to me, Ghoulia is a major fan favorite (When I started collecting it was my goal to have all of the Ghoulia dolls but that didn't happen lol) and to my knowledge hasn't come back since the reboot. They're really missing out, people love her. Can you imagine if they made as many Ghoulia dolls as they did Draculaura? That'd be awesome! (Lagoona is another one of my favorites but her dolls are always lackluster anyways so... lmao) I would have loved a 17" Ghoulia! She would have been so cute and all the details in her stock would have looked really nice scaled up.

Signature for Dollymarket~
Looking for: Taey Arion, Horizon, and Pullip RiDa
11-28-2017, 06:04 AM
My bf surprised me with a Draculaura recently and I'm still in shock over the clothing that fits these dolls.
She is a bit taller than my MSD BJDs, but wears Blythe/Pullip dresses and Pullip hats! grin

Her hair is horrible, though. I have never had a doll with such horrid hair in my life.

Here she is for the time being. I plan on painting over her fangs and getting her a wig. smile
[Image: 38652238812_03a7dc1b71.jpg]

{Home}
Principessa, Noir, Regeneration Noir, Neo Noir, Barasuishou x 2, My Melody, Prunella, Milch, Fanatica, Seila, Bloody Red Hood, Nina, Pinocchio, Kanta, Tiger Lily, Mami Tomoe, Madoka Kaname, Alte, Hatsune Miku, Tina, ChinaChina, Carol, Pere Noel, Marie Antoinette, Bremen Cat, MIO Pullip, Bambicrony Ciao Bella Tan Marion, Luts CP Delf Elf Vampire Chiwoo, Doll Factory Pet Ari Conie Unicorn, Fairyland Minifee Soo, Luts Senior Delf Romantic Uriel, Volks Dollfie Dream Miko, Volks Super Dollfie Sara, Fairyland FeePle60 Moe Rin, Latidoll Lati Yellow Lea x 2, Volks Super Dollfie Saki, Azone/KinokoJuice KIKIPOP Honey Pink, Alchemic Labo Unoa Lusis, Fairyland Minifee Rheia, Fairyland Minifee Rendia, Doll In Mind Happy Larina, Doll In Mind Love Bellosse, Peak's Woods FOF Sassy Rosy, Fairyland PukiFee Rin, Fairyland Feeple60 Chloe, Crobidoll Marisol, Volks Rinon, Volks DD Yukino, April Story Spring, Fairyland Feeple60 Scarlett
{Waiting}
~ NONE ~