My doll family (mainly the girls and their new clothes)
I've done some sewing over the past month, and thought I'd show off what I've made.

Kara's new red dress (and Mimiwoo shoes!):

[img]Iris8(Christmas)<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

Posing with Nickolaj:

[img]NikandIris1<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

I've been planning to do something with this skull fabric since Halloween, and finally got around to making this dress. So who wears it best?

[img]Kara4<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

[img]Iris13<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

Iris and Kara(I'm not sure what they're discussing, but Kara looks quite emphatic...)
[img]KaraandIris1<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

Henri got a coat...
[img]Henri16(Christmas)<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]

Wow, you made all those! Good for you. smile The little buttons and trim on the coat are cute. Iris & Nikolaj are a great-looking couple, with her dress matching his hair. I reeealllly like Kara's wig. And yay for Mimiwoo shoes! LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I made everything except Nickolaj's outfit, the girls' tights, and Iris's pants.

Additional group shot (I made all the T-shirts):

[img]NMHIK1<script async src="//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/img]
That skull dress is amazing! They both look beautiful in it!

I absolutely love your little T-Shirts!! They're all so cute!

Your dolls are all adorable. <3
I love all you have made! And that skull dress is worn perfectly by both girls too! And you can make tee-shirts too!!

Do you make your own patterns?
Amazing, i like the little print details on the shirts. Did you use transfer sheets?
The dresses are realy cute, as for who wears it best? The skull dress looks great on both girls but i think i like it a wee bit more on Iris due to her contrasting hair color.

Great job!!
Quote:Do you make your own patterns?

Nope, they're Requiem Art patterns, although I did some scaling down so the Taeyang shirt would fit Pullip and Dal. And Henri's coat was my own pattern (with some annoying trial and error...)

Quote:Amazing, i like the little print details on the shirts. Did you use transfer sheets?

I have a ton of cotton fabric for quilting, so I put some Steam-a-Seam on the backs of some of the novelty prints and turned them into appliques. I bought the Dalek fabric specifically for that purpose, but the rest was stuff I had in my stash, or, in the case of Iris's maple leaf, could trace onto plain fabric.

Quote:The skull dress looks great on both girls but i think i like it a wee bit more on Iris due to her contrasting hair color.

Yeah, I'm leaning that way, too smile
They all look very happy with their new goodies smile I love the dresses. This design looks very cute on girls. I am amazed with the tshirts. I am scared to sew tshirts, but I am procrastinating smile they look very cute.
The coat looks very good, you did a nice job making the pattern, I like the color and fit on the Henri smile
Quote:I am scared to sew tshirts

Going in, I was scared of sewing everything... it all seemed so small! But T-shirts are pretty easy, particularly if you have some old (human) T-shirts to recycle into doll shirts.
(01-17-2016, 02:33 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote:
Quote:I am scared to sew tshirts

Going in, I was scared of sewing everything... it all seemed so small! But T-shirts are pretty easy, particularly if you have some old (human) T-shirts to recycle into doll shirts.

I am scared to handle knitted fabric I think. I made some pieces. Mostly socks. Those are easy smile I made a few pants but not tshirts yet smile)
How clever to be able to re-scale the patterns to fit.
I'm always impressed when people make their own doll clothes! Do you hand sew everything or use a machine? I'd really like to try making some basic tshirts and pants...
Looking for stands!
Quote:Do you hand sew everything or use a machine?

I use a machine for the bottom and sleeve hems and some of the longer seams. I hand sew the rest because it gives me more control over the tiny pieces. It's easier than I thought it would be, for the most part.

Quote:How clever to be able to re-scale the patterns to fit.

Actually it was a total accident! I managed to print out the pattern incorrectly the first time, but it was the perfect size for Dal. When I make a Pullip shirt I just trace it slightly longer.
(01-17-2016, 01:21 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I have a ton of cotton fabric for quilting, so I put some Steam-a-Seam on the backs of some of the novelty prints and turned them into appliques.

OK, I don't sew, so I have no idea what this means, but I can guess it's some sort of sticky stuff, and it sounds quite clever LOL The gang are really cute in their t-shirts. The dalek one is great!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Quote:OK, I don't sew, so I have no idea what this means, but I can guess it's some sort of sticky stuff, and it sounds quite clever

Yup, it basically turns into glue when steam ironed. Very fun for dolly shirt appliques and art quilting purposes.