DC Superhero Girls Poison Ivy
I got Poison Ivy last night from the new DC Superhero Girls line that's just now coming out (which is a super exciting line, since I love DC superheroes and I love dolls!)

Her shoes are flat at the bottom, and she's large enough that when she's wearing them she can easily stand on two feet with no support- or even one if she's balanced well:

[Image: 24938046545_faf7e54424.jpg]

She's also sized similarly enough to Barbie that they can share clothes, although the fitted sleeves might be a problem (the ones on this sweater were pretty tight, so if they hadn't stretched she might not have been able to wear the outfit):

[Image: 24311210733_e4a856ca7a.jpg]

[Image: 24911762826_3f90e7f74a.jpg]

[Image: 24311211393_075b3fc5c6.jpg]

I'm used to Ever After High and Monster High dolls, so she strikes me as rather big. On the other hand, I recently got my hands on a Hasbro Disney Princess doll for customization, and she seems quite small compared to my norm, so the size difference between these two lines is rather amusing for me.

[Image: 24911766566_7b0b67e8fc.jpg]
(02-11-2016, 12:59 AM)GreysPrincess Wrote: I got Poison Ivy last night from the new DC Superhero Girls line that's just now coming out (which is a super exciting line, since I love DC superheroes and I love dolls!)

Her shoes are flat at the bottom, and she's large enough that when she's wearing them she can easily stand on two feet with no support- or even one if she's balanced well:

[Image: 24938046545_faf7e54424.jpg]

That is impressive!
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
Nice review thank you smile I will check these girls out when I go to the store
ohhhhh I like her I think I'll get harley!
She's cute! My doll collecting partner/enabler is really looking forward to getting these (I find I like Marvel a bit more than DC, thinking of comic book characters I'd like folks of). But...standing with her...in the size difference photo, is that Connie?!
She's cute! My doll collecting partner/enabler is really looking forward to getting these (I find I like Marvel a bit more than DC, thinking of comic book characters I'd like dolls of). But...standing with her...in the size difference photo, is that Connie?!
(02-11-2016, 01:11 AM)Marilyn Wrote: That is impressive!

I know; I was shocked!

(02-11-2016, 01:22 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: Nice review thank you smile I will check these girls out when I go to the store

Definitely do! My only real complaint is that they don't have any rotational knee movement or much sideways range at the hips so their legs don't pose as much as I'd like them to.

(02-11-2016, 02:07 AM)Pink Haired Freak Wrote: ohhhhh I like her I think I'll get harley!

I suspect I'll end up with all six of the ones they're releasing at launch. smile

(02-11-2016, 09:27 AM)Severity Wrote: She's cute! My doll collecting partner/enabler is really looking forward to getting these (I find I like Marvel a bit more than DC, thinking of comic book characters I'd like folks of). But...standing with her...in the size difference photo, is that Connie?!

It is! She's a custom I'm working on. I want to finish a couple more outfits for her before her "official" debut but I'm glad to know she's already recognizable!
These are interesting. I like that they gave them muscular arms. But I wish they had prettier faces. Not caring one way or the other that they are based on comic book characters makes them easy to resist. So at least for now, I'll pass.
Congrats on your new doll smile Pretty cool that she can stand on her own, and also a bonus that she can wear Barbie clothes. (Do her hands come off, to put narrow sleeves on?)
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I'm a huge SU fan, it's kind of ridiculous, so of course I recognized Connie wink
My partner in doll collecting crime us making me a Stevonnie Dal custom, and then doing a "Cotton candy" version of Garnet. I'm also doing a really bad job of saving for a BJD to customize like Pearl!
(02-11-2016, 05:33 PM)Severity Wrote: I'm a huge SU fan, it's kind of ridiculous, so of course I recognized Connie wink
My partner in doll collecting crime us making me a Stevonnie Dal custom, and then doing a "Cotton candy" version of Garnet. I'm also doing a really bad job of saving for a BJD to customize like Pearl!

That's fantastic! I'm planning to eventually get a Pocahontas to make Stevonnie, and I'm thinking I might end up using these DC dolls for Pearl and Garnet eventually. smile