Star's New Body
My Venus, Star, got a new body last night!
The blonde made to move Barbie matches her well enough that I can tolerate it. It's not a perfect match by any means, but given that Star could no longer even sit up(much less stand) or keep her arms in despite layers of teflon tape and the fact her neck melting was somehow getting worse by the day, I am perfectly okay with her body being slightly darker than her face.
[Image: 26356107515_d9732e0b93_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
She wears a lot of makeup anyway so a slight color difference isn't that big of a deal.
[Image: 25751289014_8908281a1e_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
She went from my least stable doll to my most stable doll for a while last night after I rebodied her, although this morning her neckmelt seems to have taken a bit of a toll on the sturdyness of her head on this body and it's a little wobbly but not too bad. It's inevitable with the several centimeters all around her neckhole that is just goopy soft melted plastic.
[Image: 26289937261_59ab71eea2_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
But I'm super happy with this new body and now Star can finally get the attention she deserves. <3
[Image: 26330132186_d1bcb3d273_z.jpg]her royal meltyness by Haley, on Flickr
Ironic that the doll I've dubbed my 'Barbie girl' now has an actual Barbie body, haha.

Also I coudln't go to get the body for her until after I got off of work last night, and I also lost my doll screwdriver recently, so I may have looked slightly insane buying a Barbie and a pack of screwdrivers at midnight last night.

Thank you for looking!
She looks so beautiful with her new body!
Pullip: Hoshi (Adsiltia), Yumi (Kirsche),  River (Hatsune Miku), Wisp (Ddalgi), Kokoro (Souseiseki), Akira (Youtsuzu), Rikke (Bloody Red Hood), Azul (Alice du Jardin Mint version), Vitalia (Henri), Autumn (Peter Pan), Lindsey (Lan Ake), Sacrifice (Ludmila), Kenzie (RIDa), Berry (Alte), Odette (Papin), Pandora (Mitzi), Charity Amora (Celsiy), Zell (Ayanami Rei), Kagami (Bonita), Morgana (Prunella), Misty (Marianne), Magenta (Kuhn), Madeleine (Papin), Laelynn (Clarity), Absinthe (Veritas), Gemma (Classical Alice Sepia), Xena (Froggy), Axel (Chill), Marina (Dita), Sage (Fanatica), Bella (Cornice), Hemlock (Kaela), Duckey (Aquel), Yu-jin (Classical Queen), Allie (Banshee), Kurumi (Chelsea), Juliet (Blanche), Missy (Custom Panda), Sienna (Cinciallegra), Harmony (Yuhwa), Winnie (Violetta). 
Taeyang: Roderick (Lead), Sephie (Richt), Balthazar (Arashi), Arius (Gyro), Lionel (Maguna), Rexus (Raiki), Kian (Sol),  Olivier (Captain Hook), Takashi (Natsume), João (Willy Wonka), Snow (Alfred), Fernando (Seiran), Rhapsody (Myufish Custom), Devon (Rayne), Daeo (Hash), Alistair (Kain), Kyo (Horizon), Torture (Pluto), Sackey (Romantic Mad Hatter), Florian (Cavalie).
Dal: Petra (Phoebe), Venom (Edge), Shane (Pinocchio), Maxx (Colline), Mariko (Tinkerbell), Hotaru (Lucia), Darya (Ra Muw), Sharpie (Hangry), Ste (Angry), Meiko (DeLorean), Haven (Lipoca), Roxie (Lunatic Alice).
Byul: Rowan-Alexis (Dumbo), Paradise (Paradis), Dusk (Tigerlily), Richie (Maya).
Isul: Scottie (Mao), Jessie (Tete), Kyla (Helios), Heidi (Duke).
Namu: Vince (Serpent).
It looks great! Why was her neck melty? That must have been scary!
Thank you both!

Since Venus was the first type 2 Pullip her soft plastic torso tends to have an even worse reaction with the plastic of her head than most of the other type 2 dolls. I got mine mid last-year and as I was her first owner spending 11 years inside of her box didn't help her situation. When I deboxed her some of the plastic from around her neckhole was melted to her clothes and I had to pry them off of her and some of it was also in her hair. It was definitely one of the worst cases of neckmelt I've ever seen, but since Venus has such a unique skintone there wasn't much I could do to fix her other than wrap layers of teflon tape around her neck to try to prevent further melt(but it kept getting pushed up and didn't work too well.)
Oh my gosh how pretty is she!!! If you want her to be the sturdiest again then what you can do is layer plumbers tape and it will super help! and prevent further melt! One of my little secrets is I have a soft spot for pullip Venus. Shes just so interesting to me haha yay
Ohhhh wow! I come from Blythes, I had no idea Pullips got neck melt, that's really scary! I am glad you rescued her, she's cute as a button.
@Pink Haired Freak: Thank you! <3 And thanks for the advice! I was considering putting some Teflon/plumber's tape, but I wasn't sure if it would make too much of a difference with this body. I do have it on all my soft-busted girls, and I did have it on Star when she was on her stock body. I will probably put some on this body anyway, if nothing else it will make her more stable.
I also have a weakness for Venus, that's why when Pullipstyle randomly got some in stock last year I ended up buying her. I adore how tacky she is, haha!
@Haint Blue: Thank you! Hopefully she won't get any more melty than she already is, I don't think she can afford to.

Here is a photo of her neck melt while she was on her stock body, if you're curious:
[Image: 20144206614_78946b91da_z.jpg]Venus Neck Melt by Haley, on Flickr
The sash she came with and some of her hair was even stuck to it. :/
She looks great! It is a decent enough match. Do you think the neck melt has stopped progressing?
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
Thank you!
I'm not sure, but I sure do hope so!
(04-11-2016, 08:12 AM)DeadlyNova Wrote: Also I coudln't go to get the body for her until after I got off of work last night, and I also lost my doll screwdriver recently, so I may have looked slightly insane buying a Barbie and a pack of screwdrivers at midnight last night.

LOL Oh, there's got to be a great story someone could make up there!
What a glamour girl. Depending on the lighting in a photo, the colour difference might not show at all. Cute photos, and she looks happy with her new body.
I'm curious whether there will be any melt issues with the MTM body... I hope not!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She looks great! That Barbie bod is a great option for her.

On the neck melt, it's possible that the part of the head around the neck opening that has been softened by the leaching plasticizer may cause problems with the new body. You might want to give the melty part several coats of sealant, both inside and out of the head.

I went as far as putting a layer of apoxie sculpt inside and out on one of my T2's whose neck opening was softening: http://forums.dollymarket.net/showthread...id=7256377&highlight=china
She looks great! I think I'll have to give this a try for my Venus smile Mine stays sitting up mostly by being propped on her hair, haha. (Yet she's not as melty as my Nomado, Beatrice, poor poor Beatrice)
Thanks everyone!

And thanks for the advice, CB! I will have to try one of those methods. Hopefully it will do the trick. <3
I think the body matches her pretty nicely, she is not an easy doll to rebody. I had no idea that this body is so poseable too, kind of reminds me of Isul body. Now I definitely need one for Mocha MIO.
She looks fabulous. smile
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
I think it actually might be more posable than an Obitsu in some respects!

Thank you!