Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster High Bangs
Has anyone here washed the bangs on a Monster High doll (for example, Draculaura)?

I figured the hair would have some type of gel in it, but I didn't realize the bangs were going to be hard to the touch. I washed Clawdeen's hair, so I know washing won't "hurt" it, but I'm a little worried that the bangs will turn into some unholy frizz. Any pointers?
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
I've washed all the gel out of many an over-gelled MH bangs! I've never had the experience that it turns into a frizzy mess but yeah it gets softer/fluffier which may not be the look you want.

I'm thinking you could iron the hair with a wet towel like you would a blythe's but I'd be worried about the head melting since there's not as much maneuvering room as there'd be with a Blythe. That said, I didn't have any trouble with just rinsing the gel out of my dolls' bangs/hair, carefully combing them into place, and letting them air dry with a little help from the comb every now and then to keep them in shape. They obviously weren't as "perfect" afterwards but they weren't a crazy mess, either--and for flyaways you could just rub a little gel between your fingers and smooth them down gently, I am sure.
Mine usually get boil perms after I wash the gel out and they look just fine.
What I do is I wet a towel (Thoroughly saturated) and then take a iron to the bangs while the towel is on them. It works to press down the bangs after its all washed and won't harm the doll or the hair. Very similar to a boil perm. Also works on Pullips, Blythes, Barbie, bassically any doll that has bangs really.
(04-22-2016, 03:14 AM)Pink Haired Freak Wrote: What I do is I wet a towel (Thoroughly saturated) and then take a iron to the bangs while the towel is on them. It works to press down the bangs after its all washed and won't harm the doll or the hair. Very similar to a boil perm. Also works on Pullips, Blythes, Barbie, bassically any doll that has bangs really.

Ooh, that's useful to know! smile
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
(04-22-2016, 03:14 AM)Pink Haired Freak Wrote: What I do is I wet a towel (Thoroughly saturated) and then take a iron to the bangs while the towel is on them. It works to press down the bangs after its all washed and won't harm the doll or the hair. Very similar to a boil perm. Also works on Pullips, Blythes, Barbie, bassically any doll that has bangs really.

Um, (duh)... do you mean you put the towel over the doll's face and bangs and iron over the towel, or put the towel between bangs and face and iron directly on the bangs...? I must not be quite awake yet, because I'm not getting it... Tongue If I ever get that re-root done I'll have to flatten her bangs.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Hehe! Put the towel over the doll's hair and iron directly on the towel, (the heat directly on the hair will cause it to melt which is somthing nobody wants ) but with the towel in the way the water in the towel works as like a boil perm. Make sure the towel is WET never do it on a dry towel and if the dolls hair is damp-dry thats fine from my experience. Maybe I should make a blog for tutorials.
Thanks! smile I wouldn't want to melt anyone's face!
...now if there was just a perfect foolproof defrizzing method... LOL
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(04-22-2016, 04:14 AM)Alliecat Wrote: Thanks! smile I wouldn't want to melt anyone's face!
...now if there was just a perfect foolproof defrizzing method... LOL

Wash the dolls hair in warm water with detergent, then rinse then let the hair soak in some hot water with fabric softener for 20 minutes or however long you want. Rinse then let air dry. works very well gets rid of all frizz for me and I have other methods if thats not enough.
Lots of food info here, thanks everybody!
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
(04-22-2016, 04:58 AM)Pink Haired Freak Wrote: Wash the dolls hair in warm water with detergent, then rinse then let the hair soak in some hot water with fabric softener for 20 minutes or however long you want. Rinse then let air dry. works very well gets rid of all frizz for me and I have other methods if thats not enough.

I guess I'll have to get some fabric softener. I don't use it. I didn't want to have to buy a whole big bottle. It would be funny asking someone if I could have a cup of fabric softener "for my dolls' hair..." LOL
(04-22-2016, 08:54 AM)Alliecat Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 04:58 AM)Pink Haired Freak Wrote: Wash the dolls hair in warm water with detergent, then rinse then let the hair soak in some hot water with fabric softener for 20 minutes or however long you want. Rinse then let air dry. works very well gets rid of all frizz for me and I have other methods if thats not enough.

I guess I'll have to get some fabric softener. I don't use it. I didn't want to have to buy a whole big bottle. It would be funny asking someone if I could have a cup of fabric softener "for my dolls' hair..." LOL

One time I did that haha! I went to my neighbors and when she asked if I was doing Laundry I simply just said "Nope" because I really didn't wanna have to explain. But I think its worth buying a whole bottle cause this method does not only cure frizz but it helps soften and clean I like to use it on stock wigs to revive them. yay