The Boy Who Lost His Eyechip
Poor PullipStyle dent box sale Koichi lost his eyechip inside his head. Which presents an opportunity to take a look at how these eyechips were created.

[Image: 27034318521_4a113f64ce_z.jpg]
A view of his missing eyechip right out of the box, before I opened up his head.

[Image: 27008362732_cf0e96e307_z.jpg]
The image looks like a matte, grainy photograph.

[Image: 27008363082_69d5342d3d_z.jpg]
On some kind of thin, photo type of paper.

[Image: 27034320761_5e25588f50_z.jpg]
"Wah! What did you do to me? Wait, I can see out of both eyes again!"

[Image: 27034319581_2ca6837360_z.jpg]
"You're not going to do anything else to me, are you?"
I'm a little disappointed they glued his wig down so low on his forehead. I may get him a new one.
I'm glad you saved him! <3 He looks good as new! That's interesting how these eyechips seem to have been created. Much different than most stock eyes.

He's adorable. <3

I think the most dissapointing thing about Koichi seems to be his wig. I plan to get him eventually and definitely rewig him.
Wow, that's really interesting about the eyechips! Kinda makes me tempted to try and make something similar. Your photos make me like him more than I did in his promos!
It's amazing to me how crappy the paper looks without the eyechip cover, and how pretty it looks with it.
>>>I'm not gone, just really, REALLY busy.<<<
FT: Dolls (updated: 3/7) | FS: BJD Eyes | FS: Accessories | Feedback | Freebie Dress | Freebie Wig
(05-19-2016, 11:35 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: Poor PullipStyle dent box sale Koichi lost his eyechip inside his head.
LOL Made me think of the Calvin & Hobbes cartoon about loose eyeballs...
Glad you were able to fix him.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I might give this a try. I am very curious how it would look if I paint it myself smile Alura's eyes must look like this underneath
Is there any pattern on the plastic part of the eyechip at all? Its surprising how good and different they look put all together.
{Home} Principessa - Noir - R.Noir - Neo Noir - Barasuishou x 2 - My Melody - Prunella - Milch - Fanatica - Seila - BRH - Nina - Pinocchio - Kanta - Tiger Lily - Mami Tomoe - Madoka Kaname - Alte - Hatsune Miku - Nahh-ato
Youtsuzu - Tina - ChinaChina - Carol - Pere Noel - Marie Antoinette - Bremen Cat - MIO
Volks: DD Miko & Yukino - MDD DWC01 - Sara - Saki - F-45 - F-48 // Fairyland: F60 Chloe - Rin - Scarlett ~ MNF Soo - Rheia - Celine - Elf Rin - Mio ~ PKF Rin  // Bambicrony:  Marion - Charity // Luts: Vampire Chiwoo // Doll Factory: Conie Unicorn // Latidoll: Lea // Alchemic Labo: Unoa Lusis // Doll In Mind: Larina - Bellosse // Peak's Woods: Sassy Rosy //  Crobidoll: Marisol //  Lillycat: Ninon //
Supiadoll: Ariel // Soom: Ior - Picro - Leepy // Atelier Momoni: Momonita // Shoushou: Nico // Petit Soiree: Madeleine // KanaDoll: Ribbon  // {Waiting} ~Volks Lieselotte ~
(05-20-2016, 12:28 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: I might give this a try. I am very curious how it would look if I paint it myself smile Alura's eyes must look like this underneath

I'd advise painting a piece of paper and then using Elmer's glue or hot glue or something to attach it to the front cabochon; it's too easy to mess up when painting directly on the eyechips (been there, done that. >__<; )
FSWTBLJ
Seeking Dal Ange (Christmas Dal) eyechips
(05-20-2016, 05:52 AM)fishy Wrote:
(05-20-2016, 12:28 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: I might give this a try. I am very curious how it would look if I paint it myself smile Alura's eyes must look like this underneath

I'd advise painting a piece of paper and then using Elmer's glue or hot glue or something to attach it to the front cabochon; it's too easy to mess up when painting directly on the eyechips (been there, done that. >__<; )

Thank you fishy smile i probably would have done that smile)) I'll try with a piece of paper it will be easy to fix the mistake
Seems like it was a simple fix! Interesting how the little piece of plastic would improve the grainy, pixelated image so much!
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
sooooooo beautiful! smile thanks for saving this gorgeous boy! smile
"A tree can't grow without the sun in it's eyes
And we can't live if we're too afraid to die."
~The Black Angels, "Young Men Dead"

>(p,,q)<
(my fishie got bit by a vamp lol)
Thanks all! The clear chip on top is similar to the clear ones in the MIOs, except without the lines in the iris part. The back is not flat, like a cabochon or CoolCat flat chips, they're curved and concave on the back side and there is a noticeable ring around the pupil. I neglected to take a decent photo of them, but I cropped a couple of images of them out of the ones I did take:
[Image: 27088796176_990d0272dd_z.jpg]
I think the lines visible on the chip on the right are from the glue.
(05-19-2016, 02:27 PM)Marilyn Wrote: It's amazing to me how crappy the paper looks without the eyechip cover, and how pretty it looks with it.
My thoughts exactly. I was shocked to see what the paper backing looked like in person.
Oh he is such a cutie! yay Good thing you got him fixed!

And ooh, the details on the chips and paper are very interesting, I didn't think it was like that on the stock chip, I haven't seen the newer ones taken apart. I still cant believe how it looked so bad without the cover, and so pretty with. Rb_bigO
Blog ^___^
Feedback