Cicada, the Icy (my first custom doll!) (WIP)
I did! sad I was googling "sanding plastic" after sanding blythe just brought up stuff about 3m sponges and stuff and a bunch of people talked about wet sanding so i tried that... i did notice the MSC took some of the scuffs out/leveled them so they're less obvious but not enough to satisfy me. Maybe I'm rubbing too hard or not hard enough... hmmm...

Also I got impatient and put her together xD No new dress yet, I need to get back to my actual job now. sad But I love this old dress on her and I've never had a chance to use it before!

I still have to take her apart to put her eyes in when I have them, so her scalp is just perched on, hence the gap. I have got to cut her hair--it's so thick and heavy it's weighing her head backwards! @_@ So I think a nice mid-back cut to alleviate some of the weight and I might thin it out in the back too. But I'm so happy with her! My heart sings with pride when I look at her.

[Image: LkrZnwh.png]

And obligatory lids shot! I might redo them, the paper I used it very thick and while I like the wrinkly texture it gave it makes the mech stick a bit even tho I sanded her eyeholes to accommodate. On the other hand, that makes her sleep eyes stay open even without a heavy pullstring... lol

[Image: 70lWT9C.png]

And obligatory pullstring shot:

[Image: weSdQKd.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cicada, the Icy (my first custom doll!) (WIP) - by Haint Blue - 06-20-2016, 08:56 AM