New wigs, new clothes-- my Pullips and Taeyangs
So I've been in the market for wigs for various dolls for quite awhile, and was having trouble deciding, and also hoping that there might be a GO so I could save on postage. When that didn't happen, I finally placed an order to Denver Doll, despite still being a little uncertain of my choices...

The wig I was least sure about was the one I ended up liking best! I purchased a nude/ bald Cavalie awhile back on kind of an impulse... I liked his eyes, and he was a decent price. I got him a fur wig last month, but honestly he was the doll I liked least. I was hoping a change in hair would make him look a little less... vapid. And I really like him in the new wig! i also bought him an outfit, because nothing in my communal Taeyang wardrobe seemed to suit him. So here's the new and improved Calvin:

[img][Image: 28768182420_02f28e96dc.jpg]Cal5 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]

Next up, I wanted a black wig for the second hand Sol I purchased last month. I ended up with "navy black." I spent the last two days trying to get the wig on my bald Batman (since I hadn't removed Sol's stock wig yet) just to see if it would fit... it was a struggle! When I finally succeeded, I thought it was pretty ridiculous-looking. But I went ahead and took off Sol's wig (the easiest wig removal I've done by far!), and I rather like it on him! So meet Alejandro...

[img][Image: 28433668604_c047177b73.jpg]Alej4 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]

The last wig was for my Eos, who I got with a non-stock wig that I wasn't crazy about. I was afraid I wouldn't like the color/ style of the new wig, but I ended up liking both. Unfortunately, the wig is soooo sparse sad Her wig cap is showing all over the place. I tried my best to style it, but she still has some bald spots.

[img][Image: 28978275591_95ed89f8c5.jpg]Ophelia13 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]

So overall my first big wig purchase was OK-ish, if a little disappointing. I'm still hoping there will be some GOs in the future. I still have a Taeyang (Batman) without a wig, as well as a Pullip that I bought nude/ bald way back in January (although I ended up ordering a wig from her from For My Doll with the cheaper/ slower shipping option, so hopefully that arrives eventually).

I've also recently discovered the joys of ebay shopping for cheap doll clothes. Here are some group shots of my dolls with (mostly) new clothes.

The girls:

[img][Image: 29054605815_f3c51ce58d.jpg]IKGO1 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]

The guys:

[img][Image: 28949122982_d6ab132ca1.jpg]NMCA1 by tisue999, on Flickr[/img]
Wig shopping can be very frustrating. Trying to pick out a style and color that you think might work is difficult enough. It's possible to get 2 wigs that are supposed to be the same size and one will be smaller or bigger than the other.

That said, your guys and girl look good in their new hairs!
Isn't it amazing how a new wig can completely change a doll, as well as how you feel about them! I like Calvin's new wig much better -- handsome guy smile

(08-18-2016, 11:54 AM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: I've also recently discovered the joys of ebay shopping for cheap doll clothes.
Hahaha -- this!! Yay, and welcome to the world of bargain-basement dolly wardrobes! With a little hunting you can find great outfits for less than $5! Are the boys' outfits Ken clothes, or were they made for Taeyang?
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Calvin is adorable. Those pretty eyes compliment that new 'do well. Cool shirt!
Quote:Are the boys' outfits Ken clothes, or were they made for Taeyang?

Yup, all Ken clothes. Barbie clothes usually take a little adjusting of the straps to fit Pullip, but Ken clothes fit Taeyang perfectly. Maybe that's why I like shopping for the boys better smile
They all look so good! I love all of your wig choices! Your Sol definitely looks giod in black!

I can't tell Eos's wig us sparse, it looks very nice in your photos.
they look great! it is like you gain new dolls when you make these little changessmile
Quote:it is like you gain new dolls when you make these little changes

Indeed! I was getting the urge to buy a new doll, so I bought wigs instead smile
Wow! I like all the wigs, I bought some wigs too last month for my babys *o* Alej looks handsome with the new wig and your Eos is very beautiful. I love your crew. ^^
Thank you smile