A few photos of my girls & now boys included!
Ooo, the rose is gorgeous! Bea's outfit is really fancy. And Finn looks like "When are you going to make something for me?"
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(07-18-2019, 02:31 AM)davidd Wrote: In the States, that... string that you use for knitting... is usually called yarn. Is the term "wool" in Australia? Or is there a difference between yarn and wool? Or is it wool yarn, and is the example in this photo a cotton yarn that has been treated or manufactured to perform more like wool? (I apologize for my colossal ignorance when it comes to textiles)

Here any type of string you knit/crochet with is referred to as wool, especially with “older” people, regardless of what it’s made of.
It leads to funny conversations at my knitting groups.
“What wool are you knitting that thing with?”
“It’s a lovely silk/merino blend.” Or “it’s bamboo/linen/cotton” - the first does contain wool but the second doesn’t.

I try to remember that it’s referred to as yarn on the international knitting forum I belong to because I get tired of rude nit-pickers who tell me I’m wrong or ignorant for calling it wool.
(They then generally trip up by calling any fibre from an animal wool. This is incorrect, only fibre from sheep is wool, other animal fibres are called other things. They also take people to task for spelling things “wrong”, failing to realise it’s not just people from their part of America posting on the forum, and different parts of the world spell/refer to things differently)
You weren’t rude in asking a genuine question about it smile smile it’s just tripped my rant button.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(07-18-2019, 12:29 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: Here any type of string you knit/crochet with is referred to as wool, especially with “older” people, regardless of what it’s made of.

I suspected that might be the case by the way you've used the term. That is quite interesting. I had never heard that before. Now I know a little bit more about how to get by Down Under! One never knows what may come up in conversation.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(07-18-2019, 01:46 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Yaay! Congrats on saving the rose! Finn is ever so cute and Bea's new outfit is awesome! That's the gold version of Love My Collection Marine Dress, right?

Yes it is!  I thought the gold would work better with most of the family, and it can fit into the steampunk sub-family if I wanted to add members temporarily.

I have to fix the hat up still, it’s flat from being packed up, it’s so cute though.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Your dolls are so cute. I just love little Finn with his clockwork ears!

That rose is absolutely gorgeous, and I'm glad you were able to rescue it from that opossum!
Ester's new dress arrived this week, and I couldn't wait to try it on her!

[Image: 01663d66a2e9214dabbf93d22c7e4308.jpg]
With the daffodils at the local community house.

[Image: 240ce051a2f7f47e9542c3726d510903.jpg]

[Image: 0257f375f8666d192735bc74b66f9f07.jpg]
Dancing with the breeze in the backyard

[Image: 95e1f4b5a10ffa9eeeb7509060d87694.jpg]
I love with shots without her glasses just to see how lovely her eyes are. That being said, her little glasses are cute lovely on, I can't picture Ester without them.
She looks absolutely gorgeous!
Aw, lovely dress! It matches her eyes so well smile
Ester is such a pretty thing! Her blue gown is marvelous, and she looks so happy to be outside in the sunshine! Ah, spring is arriving already, while here, even though it is late-summer with warm temperatures, the signs of autumn are already making an appearance.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Cute dress! I like the little sparkly bits. And the matching hair bow is great too. You could put some fairy wings on that and they wouldn't be out of place...
It looks lovely and summery too.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(08-26-2019, 12:07 PM)Alliecat Wrote: You could put some fairy wings on that and they wouldn't be out of place...

I have some wings on order, just waiting for them to arrive!

A new dress this week - testing out on Becky, but I will try it on a brunette & a red-head as per werepuppy & neon-jellyfish's "requests" (as in, they thought it would look cute on the other hair-colours too  LOL )

[Image: 8b57523eddbfd77245818089131e09c3.jpg]

And a shot of Honey enjoying the late-afternoon sun.
[Image: b76a0c3c360fb381fa190bf6edee1b8e.jpg]
The one of Honey in the sunshine with all the yellow flowers is so very spring.
That dress is gorgeous! And Honey looks so relaxed and content, I can almost feel the warmth of sunshine on my face!
The dress is still stunning, perhaps more so in a bigger picture where it can be displayed better. (Though the instagram picture is still pretty stunning so... /shrug)

Honey just seems so happy to be laying out in the sun. Certainly makes up for all the rain we're having here.