Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round 30 theme announced
Congratulations to Skippyandjif, whose Round 29 photo collected the most votes.

Skippyandjif has come up with the theme for Round 30...Art (for example, dolls drawing, or reenacting a painting, or...). You can submit your entries to me via PM or e-mail--deadline of 0:00 HST, February 13. I prefer PMs, but if you are having trouble sending those, you may e-mail me.

My e-mail address follows, just leave out the spaces between the @
justlikewasabi @ gmail.com
Currently playing:  Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch
Friend Code 2036-6707-2961 (KiraKira)
Currently reading: If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha
Last movie I saw:  Parasite
This is a fun theme! I will pack my dolls soon so I better think of something before I do that smile
I have a question - how broadly ( or not smile ) is Art defined for the purposes of the challenge? My first thought was to recreate a still from a movie, but I'm not sure it would count.

No matter if it doesn't - I have a few other ideas in the pipeline, just need to collect props for them
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Anyone?

As to your question, Lejays17, I would say that it's however you interpret the theme..so go for it!
I had a "better" idea that included more of my girls, so I've gone wth that one instead. Photogrphy is planned for this weekend, as I have an unexpected free Saturday
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I'm going to try and get a picture in this weekend.
Sent! Crappy weather, crappy light... None of the PTFCo crew wanted to consider making a snowman as "art" :p
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Mine also sent. Hopefully the PM went thru
Got mine in tonight as well!
Hi, so far I confirm three entries submitted by Lejays17, GreysPrincess and Alliecat.

There is still time so if anyone else would like to enter, feel free to!
I tried to pose a naked Pullip and Taeyang like Rodin's The Lovers. It was a fail. I couldn't get two big heads and slippery butts on boxes to hold their positions. Not to mention my husband kept giving me weird looks.
(02-14-2017, 11:16 AM)Cornflower Blue Wrote: I tried to pose a naked Pullip and Taeyang like Rodin's The Lovers. It was a fail. I couldn't get two big heads and slippery butts on boxes to hold their positions. Not to mention my husband kept giving me weird looks.

:LOL:
Thank you for trying!
LOL
I wanna see the outtakes!
(You could try double-sided tape on their butts!)
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I think what would have worked was something to sit on like bean bags, that I could shape around them. If I had thought of it sooner, I might have been able to pull it off. I never even got close to taking a photo.