Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rare dolls?
Which MH dolls are rare? Which ones have you found?
The SDCC dolls would probably be the rarest, then maybe the exclusives especially when they are to stores that not everyone has access to like Costco or Kmart I know the I <3 Fashion Cleo and Venus were TRU exclusives but were mostly distributed in Canada. The Friday the 13th dolls like the original Catty Noir and the black/white Skull Beach Frankie are probably fairly rare as well. I think I actually have all the dolls released before 2015 or earlier, I bought them as they came out ^^;
Flickr : Twitter: Tumblr : Facebook
[Image: 6298891632_a2df2e3dbd.jpg]
Ordered: Dollzone Venus Halo, Halo and Halo Strayer 
Love this thread. Being a MH collector. The rarest I found I think was Cleo I heart Fashion they were hard to find. I don't know why. Some people say it was distribution problems. I found one at a DD's Discount which is like a Ross but cheaper. Also Haunted Rochelle is in my opinion one the prettiest Rochelle and Haunted Spectra had distribution problems too. You can find Rochelle on ebay for about $50 to 60 and higher. The Spectra did popped up at the DD's Discount a few months ago. I bought one before the holidays.
The Inner monster exclusive at Walmart is another one of my favorite don't know she is very rare but I loved that line because you were able to change their eyes.
Not including SDCC stuff, NIB Nefera is hard to find. I think she goes for around $60 on ebay on the lower end. Out of her box she's a little easier to find, and is usually around $30. I was super lucky and found a 6-doll lot with her in it, almost complete, for about $25, but she's missing her ring.
Good score on Nefera scoodi. I have the Boo York Nefera and I hate her arms. One of my holy Grail was Cupid which I scored for $30 on ebay some years back. I would love a SDCC Scarah and or Ghoulia but those are pricey.
(05-30-2017, 05:52 AM)redrenard Wrote: Good score on Nefera scoodi. I have the Boo York Nefera and I hate her arms. One of my holy Grail was Cupid which I scored for $30 on ebay some years back. I would love a SDCC Scarah and or Ghoulia but those are pricey.

I'm not sure how easy she is to get, but there's a 2-pack right now called Scream and Sugar with Nefera and Amanita (I think it might be a Toys R Us Exclusive?). I think she has the same body, and her arms are normal if you wanted to swap them out. I'll be honest though, I'm not sure if the big sister dolls' bodies changed with the reboot, nor am I sure on how well her skintone matches.
I've seen the 2pk but I haven't really done a side by side comparison. But from looking at my doll and and seeing that 2pk I think the skin tone are a bit off. The 2pk looks a bit darker and with a hint more shimmer. As far as size I think they are the same but it's something to think about whether the reboot changed the peg and hole sizes. I think next time I'm in TRU I'll take my Nefera to get a good comparison. I'll probably end up buying a Nefera used off of ebay and just sell my Boo york one.