DeadlyNova's A Doll A Day 2018
Thank you guys! I don't take any insult in calling Western Barbie creepy or weird, I bought her specifically for that reason. xD I also want to point out that that photo was taken while making her wink, so she is slightly less creepy when on display. LOL

Day 35:
[Image: 39381489034_9339e6933f_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 35 by Haley, on Flickr
Here is a super tiny chibi figure of Yukina from Yu Yu Haksusho, which is one of my absolute favorite animes of all time! It was my favorite until HunterxHunter knocked it down a notch. xD
he/she ? is very cute & the colours blend beautifully with the background.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
(02-05-2018, 04:32 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: I don't take any insult in calling Western Barbie creepy or weird, I bought her specifically for that reason. xD I also want to point out that that photo was taken while making her wink, so she is slightly less creepy when on display.

Yeah, that broken winking eye looks like there's a green worm crawling out of her eye socket. Pretty gross. But I like gross dolls, so in this case, gross = cool!

Nice change of pace today with the cute Asian fig, though!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Thank you guys! Yukina is a she, Miss Edith. smile
[Image: tumblr_nu4m47g4OV1uw921mo1_500.gif]

So guys...I have been SUPER sick, I think I got a stomach bug, anyway I only got up yesterday to puke and use the bathroom, so ADAD was the last thing on my mind. I'm feeling a bit better today, so here are the last two photos. I'm going to try to actually post...a doll a day...again, instead of these two for one deals. Not into that.

Day 36:
[Image: 25253376277_e09318000c_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 36 by Haley, on Flickr
Hypodermic Sally Pop figure from American Horror Story: Hotel.

Day 37:
[Image: 39413578744_191d85cf3b_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 37 by Haley, on Flickr
My Little Dal Police Jack, who I don't believe I've ever photographed before! I can safely say she's the only Groove/JP doll I've found at a flea market! I know they bought her from Tuesday Morning to resell her for more, but it was only four dollars more and was still a good deal, and it's not like you find a Pullip at a flea market every day.
That American Horror Story POP fig is impressively detailed!

Interesting that the leopard print theme is evident in both of these photos. Coincidence?

I've certainly never seen a Pullip doll at a flea market or yard sale. That must have been a bit of a thrill!
Oh bummer... sorry you were sick and hope you feel much better real soon!
Yay minis! grin and yay for finding any kind of Pullip at a flea market. She's cute.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Funko are doing such a great job with the Pops, better each year (sadly for my wallet) Sally looks impressively stoned.

Jack has been my favourite mini Dal forever, I think she was my first. She is so cute - well done on finding her at a market.
I hope you get over this bug quickly. There seems to be some other stuff going around besides the flu.

I am amused by the ciggy hanging out of the Pop's mouth. And Little Jack is one of my favorite minis, too.
Thank you guys! I actually used the same background flipped around for both of those photos. It's from a gift box and you've seen it pop up a lot in this thread. Makes a good quick background. xD I didn't even think about the fact Sally's jacket was leopard print until after the fact! And I do feel a lot better now, the bug only lasted a day, thankfully.

Day 38:
[Image: 39247728785_917557883f_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 38 by Haley, on Flickr
A lazy shot today because I spent the entire day building a shelf and cleaning and re-arranging my entire bedroom, and I'm still not done but I have to work a double tomorrow at work so I have to stop for now.

Here is my vintage Alvin and the Chipmunks Paint 'N' Play Simon figure, from 1983 or 84 if I can remember off the top of my head. The Paint 'N' Play figures are some of the rarest Chipmunks figures, in my entire time collecting only a handful have ever shown up for sale(I think three NRFB like this as a set, which I split with some friends, the opened one of Eleanor that I have as well(you can see her pigtail here!), and a painted Alvin). They are so rare that up until this particular one and the others with him showed up, the entire AATC collecting community thought that they didn't exist. This figure is one of my top ten most expensive AATC items I believe, I think I paid $100 for him, which isn't a lot when you come from the doll hobby, but most AATC items tend to cost a lot less.
(02-08-2018, 05:15 PM)DeadlyNova Wrote: .... the entire AATC collecting community....

I am loving this Doll A Day Project because I am learning some fun and interesting facts... like the fact that there is an Alvin and The Chipmunks collecting community, and it's sufficiently popular to have an acronym!

After seeing this photo, I kinda-sorta remember these Paint-n-Play figures. They must not have been around very long. I don't remember any specific sets or characters, but I vaguely remember the white figures with the little paint pots.

I'm happy you have such a "treasure" in your AATC collection. And now I know to keep an eye out for mint-in-package Paint-n-Play sets... not that I recall ever seeing any at yard sales or thrift stores.

Good luck working that double shift tomorrow. That sounds like so NOT fun! It's been a while since I had to do something like that, but I shudder thinking back on it.
it's Alvin smile

I think we are all learning a lot from this task -- mostly how to spend more money on new 'stuff' LOL
He may be rare, but man, I'd be tempted to take him out of the package and paint him... Well, if I could paint well. LOL
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Thank you guys!!!

Alliecat, haha, if these were as common as most of the other Ideal Chipmunks toys from the same year I would definitely do that. I'm not a fan of leaving things in the package but he's one of the few things that I wouldn't dare open. xD

davidd, I have to work a lot of doubles, some days it's easier than others. xD Today was alright, although I'm very tired now.

Day 39:
[Image: 28380842049_91366a941a_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 39 by Haley, on Flickr
Another lazy shelf shot, as I only slept five hours before working that double today so I was just suddenly hit with a wave of sleepiness and had to take this shot really quick before I pass out.

Here is a little resin statue I have of Mulan. Mulan is my favorite Disney character so you'll be seeing a good bit of her, I think.
That is an adorably sweet little Mulan figure! Heart 2 Her face is so expressive, and I love the stray locks of hair across her forehead!

That looks like a pretty cool poster in the background, too!
Mulan is beautiful <3 I am fond of her also, though she isn't my favourite. This wee figure has so much more character than the disney 'barbie' princesses!