DeadlyNova's A Doll A Day 2018
I have been attempting to do A Doll A Day for many years, I think my first attempt was in like, 2010, which was pretty unrealistic because I didn't have nearly enough dolls or patience.

I remember a lot of people early on in my Pullip collecting doing the 365 Toy Project and A Doll A Day or A Doll A Week, but it seems to have died out in recent years. I've always wanted to tackle it, but always stopped shortly after starting. I figured that, this time, if I started on the first day of the year, it would be easier.

Unfortunately it's already gotten off to a bad start, as after I took my photo earlier, my internet went out at the exact moment I was trying to post it online. It didn't come back until just now, at 3am, on what is technically January 2nd. Great. Well, I haven't gone to bed yet, so I'm going to still say it counts!!!!

For this project I'm going to take a photo of a doll each day, obviously. But I'm not limiting myself to Pullips, because there aren't enough, or even to just dolls - as I have a huge anime figure collection that I'd love to showcase as well. I don't take nearly enough photos of my other dolls besides Pullips, so, while all of my Pullips will be making an appearance, they will be scattered amongst many other types of dolls!

I thought I'd start out with one of my Barbies, because I collect Barbies too(ones from the 70's-90's are the ones I mostly collect, with 80's Barbie in her ridiculous outfits being my favorite).

So, for Day 1, here is Winter Velvet Barbie.
[Image: 38567384435_251de9f35d_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 1 by Haley, on Flickr

I'm going to try to take most of the pictures for this outside, as my indoor lighting has been AWFUL lately, but I accidentally slept until 5pm today(a great way to start the year) so that was not happening.

I'll be posting the photos in this thread every day! Maybe you guys can be my encouragement to stick to this! <3

Thanks for looking!
LOoking forward to meet the rest of your collection! How does this work ? Can you take a bunch at the weekend and post one everyday or do you have to take a photo everyday ?
Using other collectibles sounds great! I love all of your pullip and friends dolls it will be fun for us to see photos everyday
Congratulations on undertaking an A Doll a Day project! And for taking, and posting, your Day One photo!

Coincidentally, I was thinking about attempting an A Doll a Day Project too! I attempted, and came close to completing, the "365 Toy Project" several times on Flickr, but that was several years ago, 2010, 2011, 2012. I also did the generic photo-a-day, not specific to dolls or toys. This year, I started posting "doll portraits" to Instagram a few days ago, with the idea to post one new photo every day, so technically my January 1st photo was my fourth post.

I would say that as long as you snapped a photo on January 1st, it counts. Having the Internet drop out is beyond your control. My internet service is spotty, too.

Good luck with your project! Perhaps I shall post my A Doll A Day photos here at the forum, too. The more of us who are participating, the more likely we are to keep at it, right?

(01-03-2018, 02:05 AM)Offgenemi Wrote: How does this work ? Can you take a bunch at the weekend and post one every day or do you have to take a photo every day?

The "365" groups on Flickr had different rules. Ideally, a participant will take and post a new photo every day. The idea is to encourage people to stay more active in the photography hobby. Most groups offered a little bit of leeway. In general, the idea was to take a photo every day. Not everyone has internet access every day, so the groups often allowed participants to upload three or four photos at a time, as long as the photos were taken on different days. Usually, taking multiple photos on one day and posting them over successive days was not considered a true Photo A Day according to group guidelines, since the idea was to encourage active photography and ongoing creativity. However, individuals choosing to attempt "365" projects can set their own rules. I used to have my own unwritten "3 day rule," which allowed me to miss up to three days without taking or posting a photo. If I did not take and post a photo after three days, I was done. If I did miss a few days, I would pick up from where I left off, which meant it would take a bit more than 365 days to complete the "365" project.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
I'm looking forward to seeing your Pullips and other dolls. I've done the doll a week the past 2 years on Flickr. I finished the first time, but last year I fell behind due to preparing for PUDDLE in June and finally gave up half way through. I know I could never manage the daily photo, so I won't bother to try.
Thank you all so so much!! <3 I'm already enjoying doing this. When I was planning this out a couple of months ago(I was going to start then but never did) I started to decide what doll would be used each day before quickly giving up on that. So far it's much more fun to just pick up whatever doll I feel like that day(although I am keeping a list as I go so that I don't use anyone twice).

@offgenemi: It's pretty much as davidd says, but really, since if you participate now it's YOU dictating the rules, you can do it however you like. This is about fun and taking more photos, after all!!

@davidd: I'm glad to have inspired you! Looking forward to your ADAD project as well!!

For Day 2, I photographed one of my Pullips that rarely gets photographed, my Xiao Fan, Mitsuki!
[Image: 39426662002_517e657c6f_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 2 by Haley, on Flickr
Wow, I couldn't manage that! I do look forward to seeing more photos from more people on here so I hope you'll be able to stay with it all year and that others will join in too. Also looking forward to seeing more of your gang.
As an extremely-late-night night-owl, I don't care what time it is and still consider it "today" until I go to bed, so yep, I say if you're still up, it counts! LOL
Have fun!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
this is great smile I love your Groove family so look forward to seeing the rest of your household.

I hope some other folks join in (says the woman who rarely photographs but is an awesome cheerleader!! LOL )
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Love Mitsuki's eyes! We need to see more of her.
Two days down! You're off to a solid start!

I'm impressed by the way you got her to stand unaided like that! And outdoors, even!
Thank you all so much!! <3

@CB: I really do need to photograph her more, she's one of my more neglected dolls. ^^

@davidd: Ironically, she's one of my floppiest dolls, being on a broken and rigged 25cm(well, really, her neck is the one that made it need rigging, not the body. Poor thing) I seem to have a knack for getting dolls to stand on their own, I've gotten many of my girls to stand in heels. Not bragging, but it's a useful talent. XD

For day 3 I decided to pull out one of my anime figures, and I chose this child version of Rei Ryugazaki from Free!

I'm really glad I decided to include anime figures in this, because this is by far my favorite photo so far!
[Image: 25609474428_331dc1d820_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 3 by Haley, on Flickr
awwww - I have no clue about who he is but he is precious!! The sad face & the glasses make me want to hug him grin
What Miss Edith said!
Nice Day Three pic. He looks in scale with the background. I love the lighting; a nice, warm light even though it's mid-winter!
Thank you guys so much! <3

Don't worry, I didn't slip. My Internet was out all day, preventing me from posting the day 4 photo. But it's back now, at 2am, and while it's the 5th, it's FINE. Shhh...I took the photo like 12 hours ago, so.

For day four I photographed my 19" Tiffany Taylor doll.
[Image: 38804029954_5da9326b0a_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 4 by Haley, on Flickr

She's a gorgeous QUEEN from 1973 that I wanted for years because I still have my mother's childhood Tuesday Taylor doll(the smaller, barbie sized one). I happened to stumble upon Tiffany a few months back at a Flea Market in mint condition with her entire outfit and shoes for only 7 dollars! She has a rotating scalp that allows you to change her hair from blonde to brunette, although I prefer her as a blonde myself.
wow she reminds me that Ru Paul show. That was meant as a compliment - she is big & blonde Heart 2