DeadlyNova's A Doll A Day 2018
I love that shot of Mikasa.

I'm rather fond of Midges, with their red hair and freckles. Add the Steffi mold and she does gets even better.

Dante looks very natural in this pose at the mini golf course.
The Attack on Titan shot is fantastic - the looking-up angle into the trees is great.

Dante in the golf-course is great too, it's inspired me to look at unusual places like that to take photos.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Thank you all so so much! <3

I done goofed. I didn't take a picture for TWO DAYS before today. Oops. But really, the last couple of days were super busy for me so I didn't even have time to touch a doll let alone a camera.

So here are three days in one post! And, as promised, some more unique dolls and figures.

Day 48:
[Image: 38556138680_ed10170359_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 48 by Haley, on Flickr
Pop Figure of Jughead Jones from the CW Archie Comic's Spinoff Series, Riverdale. I think this one is a Hot Topic exclusive version of him without his hat, which honestly bugs me because I can't find him with his hat, and everyone knows Jughead is always wearing his stupid hat!
He's the only Pop from this series I'm interested in. Riverdale is a guilty pleasure series of mine, even though it's really cheesy and bad at times. The main reason I watched it in the first place was because Jughead was played by Cole Sprouse, who was my very first childhood crush. LOL

Day 49:
[Image: 38556133520_2866cb6092_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 49 by Haley, on Flickr
It's Britney, bitch!

I found this NRFB Britney Spears doll thrown into a pile of toys at Goodwill recenlty, for four dollars! I love her!! My sister had this exact same one when we were kids. She even has a CD. She's not very pretty, but she's Britney!

Day 50:
[Image: 38556129350_f689c364c2_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 50 by Haley, on Flickr
My smaller Phase 2 figure of Murdoc Niccals from Gorillaz. He's a nasty mess, that one. I love him anyway, though.
If you hadn’t said the Pop was Jughead I never would have guessed because he’s not wearing the hat.
River dale is a not-guilty pleasure in our house (I refuse to feel guilt over tv shows, no matter how dumb they are smile ) we watched the first few eps on a plane flight last year & had to find out what happened next.

The Britney looks nothing like the person, but hurrah for finding her cheap!

The Gorillaz figure is only wearing underwear (pants?) right? That’s how it looks to me anyway.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
I certainly never would have guessed that Pop figure was Jughead. My first thought was Elvis. Then Fonzie.

Britney! Will she remain mint-in-package, or are you anxious to listen to the CD?

Speaking of rockers, that Gorillaz figure is wild! Upside-down crucifix, Nazi-like officer's cap... what a rebel!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
http://daveyboystoys.com.au/riverdale-ju...yl-figure/

It is still a preorder until late March but there he is - plus hat smile

I thought your pop was Fonzie I must admit. Great pic though.

Brit Brit really does not look like the woman, but I am happy you found another of your thrift store bargains grin

That Gorillaz is - yea, a nasty mess covers it LOL He looks really cool.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
You have such a varied collection. Cool that you were able to find the same doll your sister had!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Haha, that Gorillaz figure is spot-on Murdoc!
I'm glad you all agree that the pop doesn't look like Jughead, haha. I had to have him anyway. Still cute. I can kind of see Cole Sprouse in his tiny black eyes. No?

It's not really a guilty pleasure, I don't feel guilty over anything I like either. I'm just not sure how to say what I mean I guess.

Thanks for the link, Miss Edith! I like this one so much more and he looks so much more like him!!!!

I'm definitely leaving Britney in her package, she's one I have no benefit in removing.

And yes, Murdoc is only in his underwear. xD

Day 51:
[Image: 40353226142_dd993fe5ed_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 51 by Haley, on Flickr
Ideal Velvet from 1970

I'm sure a lot of people are familiar with Crissy and friends, the line of Ideal dolls with 'growing hair' from the 70's. Velvet is Crissy's cousin, and I've always been a much bigger fan of her than Crissy herself. She was one of the first vintage dolls I bought online. Her hair is a mess, and I've had her in a wig for years, but I figured that since I finally acquired Crissy from a flea market recently I'd try to fix Velvet's actual hair into something resembling a style so I could display them together. These dolls hair can age well from what I've seen, but I think a lot of the time it was just bad to begin with. Velvet's isn't nearly as bad as my Crissy's, her hair is two completely different textures. The majority of her hair is short and curly and the 'growing' part that you pull is long and straight. Not a good look.
Here's Velvet's commercial, because that's always fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_b1d3DnBuE
Velvet is pretty & purple smile I had dolls with growable hair when I was a kid but can't remember who/what/how.

*omg just watched the video. I was born at the start of the 60s so this ad rang so many bells LOL I know I had at least one of these dollssmile
She looks so youthful for being forty-seven years old!

She's quite pretty, and appears to be in very good condition. I'm glad she has found a caring home where she will be taken care of and where her retro charms are appreciated.

Thank you for linking to the TV commercial, too! IDEAL used to make some great toys!
I still have my Velvet from my childhood dolly days. She is my favorite of the growing hair dolls. I also have my sister's Crissy, whose hair is in pretty poor condition, and her Australian friend Kerry. More recently, I picked up a Cinnamon.
I'm glad I could bring back some childhood memories!! <3

That's so cool that you still have your childhood dolls, CB! Velvet is also my favorite, although I only have her and Crissy(and my mother's childhood Teen Crissy, if she counts. We also used to have Baby Crissy, but she terrified me as a child and unfortunately was long lost to time.) What really sold me on Velvet is her ADORABLE knees. Is that weird? I feel like it's weird. LOL

Since we're talking about childhood dolls, I photographed one of mine today. I need to fix up some more of my favorite childhood dolls and feature them, I have some unique ones. For now, a Barbie doll, because she was clean and her hair was fixed and she was ready to be photographed.

I was a kid in the 90's and early 2000's, so here is one of my childhood dolls, Jewel Girl Teresa for day 52!
[Image: 26544875778_3d794bed96_z.jpg]ADAD 2018 - Day 52 by Haley, on Flickr
I don't have her original clothes, and she's been chewed on by many animals over the years. Her hand is mangled and she has bite marks on her face. But I think she's still very pretty, and her hair is literally softer and nicer than pretty much any other Barbie I've ever owned. I always thought she was super cool because of her waist, which is rubbery and twists around and such. I was trying to feature it in the photo, and even dressed her accordingly, but she was just too pretty to not deserve a portrait. xD

She was always the resident mean-girl when I played with my Barbies.
since you started this ADAD I have been discovering new things to covet grin and rediscovering old ones.

I had one Barbie as a kid. just not interested. I think I said before my daughter had dozens of the bloody things in her youth ( she was born in '91 ) but it seemed to me they were all blonde blue eyed clones.

Now I am discovering many Barbies I really like. I have even bought a few cheap on ebay. Brunettes or redheads & so many different faces. I was guilty of judging them based on the popular for kids releases for Rachel.

As usual, rambling to the point - I love this girl of yours smile The hair is so pretty & so is her face. Mattel, you released a shitload of crappy dolls IMO but you also released many beauties.
Ha ha! Why is it that the prettiest dolls are so often the mean dolls? Oh... wait... doll life parallels real life, I guess!

Mean girl or not, she is very pretty, and I like her vinyl-denim-ish jacket.

It's also nice that you have kept her even after she was mauled in an animal attack.