davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
Go Pinkys! Go Pinkys! Love the rustic background.
Has anyone else been noticing that there's no monster high or ever after high dolls in Walmarts anymore??? Here in Canada anyway...
(04-19-2018, 01:09 PM)Berrybyul Wrote: Has anyone else been noticing that there's no monster high or ever after high dolls in Walmarts anymore??? Here in Canada anyway...

Yes, I have noticed that. In fact, at Walmart last week I snapped this photo:

[Image: half-shelf.jpg]

At its peak, the Monster High line covered several entire sections in the doll aisle, and other Monster High merchandise was featured throughout the toy section and in other areas of the stores, including clothing, stationery, and household goods.
But now, Monster High merits barely half of one shelf, surrounded by DC Superheroes and Disney Descendants.
I have not seen any Ever After High figures for over a year, not since the Dragon Games line was discounted and cleared out.

[Image: april18.jpg]
April 18 - Slumped in the Corner

We currently have house guests staying in our very small house, and I have some home "improvement" projects in the works, so my daily photos are likely to be even less inspired and creative than usual for the next few days.

Ol' Frank here decided to ignore everything and retreat into his own little world. Not a bad idea, actually.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
That looks like a bad hangover Dead

EAH is practically dead, all the designers are working on different projects, last two or three lines were only on Amazon, and MH is nearing its end, too. The reboot didn't save declining sales, so they're probably going to let it die, and maybe try to relaunch the line in a few years.
Frank looks like he passed out in the corner.

I wonder if the DC Superheroes and Disney Descendants sell as well as MH or EAH did? They certainly aren't at all interesting to me, but I'm not target market. I guess there's still the Bratz reboot to look forward to.
I really wish they would stop painting clothes on dolls :/ They do it a lot with the DC and a little on some EAH too i think.
(04-20-2018, 11:54 AM)Berrybyul Wrote: I really wish they would stop painting clothes on dolls :/ They do it a lot with the DC and a little on some EAH too i think.

Yeah. It's so cheap, it looks bad, and removes the versatility of both the clothes and the dolls! sad
[Image: april19.jpg]
19 April – Random dolls and figs from previous phots

I'm pretty busy this week with houseguests and helping a neighbor with a DIY construction project, but I'm trying to keep up with the daily photos.
I'll likely be posting pretty sloppy snapshots for the next week or so, but the challenge is A Photo A Day, not A Good Photo A Day.
Tongue

(I'm kinda sad about yesterday's and today's photos; I was hoping to post a completely different doll each day for as long as possible, but it's not going to be practical to do that as long as we have guests.)
Cry
Glad your guys are out of their box smile You'll have to recruit the houseguests as prop assistants or something. I really like the Pinky "Camera Girl" pic, with the lighting and pose and composition.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
That cell/room/diorama looks interesting!
[Image: april20.jpg]
20 April – Pinky Street Tiger Tank Limited Edition Model Kit – circa 2008

Here's a link to a long-expired eBay auction showing a Pinky Street Tiger Tank kit selling for $79.99 back in 2012. I recently acquired this one, another Pinky Street set I never expected to see in person, for about $20 including shipping from Japan.

Oh, and... the snowy backdrop is courtesy of The Winter That Will Not End.
Aaww, chibi tank! Congrats on the good deal!
Auwe, you have more snow!! I *think* we are safe here so you have my sympathy.
Wow, I wanna see some adventures with these Pinkys and their tank!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I love both Pinky pics. The tank looks like it will be the source of manyi nteresting photos and the camera girl is just a beautiful photo Heart

I spat my coffee at Ol' Blue Eyes passed out in the corner, that would have been a sight often seen, I'm sure.

MH are killing me. Thanks to davidd & neon, I have found so many that I need. I think back to when they were everywhere & cheap(ish). I can't find a tall Frankie for love nor money, I FINALLY found a Freak du Chic Clawdeen on Amazon for a ridiculous amount but I could not find her on ebay anywhere so .. That line is stunning.
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
Yay, what a good deal for you! That tank is so fun!