davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
The Novi stars were such an interesting line. And their names are "worse" than Monster High with the puns smile

The B&W one is very dramatic, I like it a lot
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(05-05-2018, 07:06 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: She looks so dramatic!
And a little scary!
[Image: may5.jpg]
5 May – Unidentified Plastic Molded Arts (PMA) Doll, circa 1950s

A relative was going to toss this out several years ago. I wasn't in to dolls at the time, but I was in to collectibles.
Also, the idea of somebody throwing away something from their childhood made me feel sad. I think she's from the 1950s,
but I'm not sure. She is marked "Plastic Molded Arts," but I don't know the specific line or character. Whoever or whatever
she is, she makes a great zombie!

(I should try to clean her up, but her costume and hair are somewhat brittle from age.)

Here she is in color:

[Image: may5a.jpg]
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Never heard of Plastic Molded Arts. You have some extraordinary pieces in your collection!
(05-04-2018, 01:29 PM)davidd Wrote: I'm starting to think maybe I should move to Canada, where the weather seems milder
Wow, it MUST be bad LOL
But, well, with your proximity to mountains maybe it's not that different from central Alberta, on the other side, where it seems to be a known thing that it can snow any month of the year. Ugh.
Nita Light is cute. I like the idea of a glow-in-the-dark doll but I think only certain types could pull it off well -- looks like she could!
Yay for saving someone's childhood treasure. Are her arms attached with an elastic? because she reminds me a bit of one I have from my childhood. Different make.
(P.S. I think she's too pretty to be a zombie wink )
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
I love the black & white girl. I have searched ebay too CB, for Ina Ferna & now Nita. The very few I found cost an arm & a leg. I did find a Sila Clops for a terrific cheap price. Mint in box too, I hope she gets here tomorrow grin

Back when I collected LDDs & Krypt Kiddies (monstrous reborns) I also bought from a lovely lady that made vintage dolls she found into monsters/zombies etc. Your girl is way too pretty, she would need some blood, injuries & maybe a limb or 2 removed to qualify LOL
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
(05-07-2018, 03:11 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: I have searched ebay too CB, for Ina Ferna & now Nita.

Nita Light was only available with the Flotation Station playset, which was originally somewhat expensive... until they closed them out for practically nothing! She's my favorite of the Novi Stars because she looks the most like a traditional "space alien" from a flying saucer.

A Doll A Day:

[Image: may6.jpg]
6 May – Bleeding Edge Goths Lunabella Whispers

Series 4, a 7-inch figure released in 2005. BEGoths were also available in 12-inch versions.

This figure is still available on Amazon for $3.99 USD.

Yeah... she's a "hot" figure, maybe, but not exactly a hot seller.
Nice! I really like the bigger ones (I need "real" hair and clothes on my stuff), but importing them here would cost too much, so I don't have any. Are these smaller figures poseable?
(05-07-2018, 06:10 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Are these smaller figures poseable?

The arms rotate at the shoulder and there is a joint that twists at the waist. But unless the waist is aligned properly the molded details on the costume do not match up. So no, essentially they are not poseable, making them more "figurines" than "dolls," I suppose.
yay
[Image: may7.jpg]
7 May – New Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin wonders if summer... or at least the end of winter...
has finally arrived. Yasmin is also wondering if she is eligible to receive supplemental
"on call" compensation for always being ready to step in as a photo subject on those
"A Doll A Day" days when I run out of time and ideas.

I initially purchased "New Bratz" Selfie-Snaps Yasmin in 2016 in response to an Instagram photo contest called #summerofbratz sponsored by @bratzuk.
The idea was to take photos of a Bratz doll "out and about" during summer activities. Of course, Yasmin (and I) were prolific prolific posters in the
contest, and the only posters who submitted multiple photos from various locations. Yet, of course, we didn't win... which was to be expected, as
the contest was mostly for UK residents, intended as an effort to promote Bratz dolls in the UK and Europe.

As we know, promotional efforts for the 2016 Bratz reboot were sadly ineffective.

Although I suppose the contest must have been nominally effective, as it inspired me to purchase a "New Bratz" doll that I otherwise had no interest in or intention of ever buying.
As is often the case with dolls we don't initially much care for, Yasmin became one of my favorites as we traveled to interesting locations around southern Utah.

In fact, I had so much fun taking Yasmin on adventures that she resumed her #summerofbratz adventures in 2017, and now, in 2018, she is looking forward
to another summer of fun and sun.

Uhmm... about that "sun" thing: this photo is misleading. The weather today was overcast and windy until about an hour before sunset, when the clouds briefly parted,
allowing Yasmin a chance to look out the window and start planning her next adventure.
That's awesome photo and it definitely looks summer-y! Also, lol at "on call" compensation! I know how she feels...

I'm sure your photos for the contest were great! Promoting new Bratz in Europe... Too bad they didn't try importing them as a first step! I actually wanted those dolls, but as far as I know, they were only available in UK, they didn't really make it to continent...
I thought it was going to say Yasmin wondered if she was eligible to drive that truck -- looks like she could demand that as one of her job perks too LOL
"Out and about" photos was what got me into the whole doll thing, thinking it would be fun to have a little doll to take around places. I hope we'll see some of Yasmin's adventures on your ADAD thread.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
[Image: may8.jpg]
Pinky Street PC2019 "Monster Hunters" Reia
Based on a Capcom video game character

I suppose this should have been included in my Mint-in-Box March series.
slash
Cute! I like that dangerously looking weapon - is it some kind of totally insane scythe? I want one for myself my dolls, I meant to say my dolls.
(05-09-2018, 05:44 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Cute! I like that dangerously looking weapon - is it some kind of totally insane scythe? I want one for myself my dolls, I meant to say my dolls.

LOLLOLLOL
Yes, it is a totally insane scythe. It's probably not quite big enough for you to carry yourself, but it's of a sufficient size to work with 1:6 scale dolls, like when Monster High Frankie dressed up for a comic convention.