davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
http://www.tipi.com/accessfurnish/
(05-18-2018, 07:23 PM)rubyperidot Wrote: http://www.tipi.com/accessfurnish/

Ha ha! While the actual tipis (and liners and ozan) are from Colorado Yurt Company, a UPS truck showed up a few days ago with an order from that link, Nomadic Tipi Makers, that included several back rest chairs (assembly required), floor rugs and pillows, and the "sand snakes" canvas tubes. Each of the 20 "sand snakes" (for weighting down the corners of the tipi liner will require 30 pounds of sand (not included), meaning, YAY, I get to fill 20 canvas tubes with a total of six-hundred pounds (like, almost 275kg for y'all using metric) of sand... that I suppose I'll have to get at a home improvement store... and then wedge them in place around the corners of the tipi.
Whacked
Okay, I'd better stop whining and get back to work.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
[Image: may18.jpg]
18 May – Revoltech Pocco
davidd, I have just caught up with all the pics I have missed (as always, love them especially Emily & dead Frank LOL ) & now I am feeling angry on your behalf. That is a helluva lot of "finishing touches" to be left on your shoulders. I hope you REALLY like this relative *O*
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
All your figures have such cute weapons!
"I'M NOT A DOLL, I'M AN ACTION FIGURE!"

[Image: may19.jpg]
19 May – Traveling Action Man

I have volunteered to host a "traveling action figure" from the UK through the A.M.M.O. (Action Man Mobile Ops) forum. "Action Man" is the UK version of "G.I. Joe." This brawny fellow began his travels in the UK, spent a couple of weeks in Pennsylvania in the US, and has now arrived here in rainy Utah.

Wait... rainy Utah? Isn't Utah mostly desert? According to weather statistics, there are "254 sunny days per year" where I live, and the average number of rainy days for May is three. Apparently that is "unless you are hosting a traveling toy, and then it will rain all the time."

slash slash slash
I always think rain is a good thing, although maybe not for taking photos of ...dolls... teehee, sorry, couldn't help myself. Figures, of course. Let him get some rest in the meantime, he must be tired from all that traveling. He could hang out with Frank!

I really love the idea of traveling figure!
(05-21-2018, 04:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I really love the idea of traveling figure!

One of the traveling Pinky Street dolls from several years ago disappeared in the Czech Republic when her "host" dropped off the forums after receiving her. Just, y'know, sayin'....
Oh My ... Tongue ... LOL
(05-21-2018, 04:20 AM)davidd Wrote:
(05-21-2018, 04:15 AM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: I really love the idea of traveling figure!

One of the traveling Pinky Street dolls from several years ago disappeared in the Czech Republic when her "host" dropped off the forums after receiving her. Just, y'know, sayin'....
Oh My ... Tongue ... LOL

Well, it wasn't me though, nope nope nope *frantically tries to hide all the stolen treasures*

Seriously though, that's awful. I hate when people spoil the fun like that, because then nobody wants to do such thing again and lose another doll/anything else.
He's quite a handsome dude!
I'M NOT A DOLL! I'M AN ACTION FIGURE!

[Image: may20.jpg]
20 May – Action Man is ready for action! Have pickup truck, will travel!

I am hosting a "traveling toy" (you'll notice I avoided saying "doll" in this instance) from the UK which has been sent on a tour of the US by a member of an action figure forum.

This brawny Action Man, the UK equivalent of GI Joe, arrived a few days ago from his first US host in Pennsylvania, and now he's ready to explore the American Southwest.
I love the travelling toy idea. Penny the Traveling Yeolume was in the middle of her adventures when I joined Dolly Market and I enjoyed that immensely -- it looked like such fun and I wish we could do it again.
I'm sure your Action Man will have great adventures, rain or shine. And yes, hook him up with Frank, who probably needs a buddy! LOL
The bit of wood(?) in the corner of your photo looks like it should be the top of a dragon's head.
That relative owes you big-time for all your work!!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(05-21-2018, 02:59 PM)davidd Wrote: I am hosting a "traveling toy" (you'll notice I avoided saying "doll" in this instance)

LOL

He does look ready for action!
Such a cool idea for a travelling toy.and he looks ready to do something action-y.

But he should definitely hang out with Frank at the bar while he’s there smile
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
He looks ready for adventure, as long as he doesn't stumble into the Dolly Dungeon...