davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
[Image: sept11.jpg]
11 September – It's Back-to-School Season! Let the Nightmares Commence!

Does anyone else still have nightmares about their years in school?

Limited edition Pinky Street school desk set released at WonderFest 2008.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
[Image: sept12.jpg]
12 September – Monster High "Ghouls Getaway" Set of Five Figures
Spectra Vondergeist – Meowlody – Jane Boolittle
Jinafire Long – Elissabat

A "Tiki" themed Monster High line! How fun is that?
A whole line! I haven't completed a single line, so it's cool to see them all together!
I do, actually, still have occasional stupid school dreams. Usually I am late for a class or an exam, wandering endlessly around some campus and trying to figure out where it is. The school desk in the dungeon setting is pretty much how I always felt about this time of year. XD
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(09-13-2018, 01:46 PM)Alliecat Wrote: I do, actually, still have occasional stupid school dreams. Usually I am late for a class or an exam, wandering endlessly around some campus and trying to figure out where it is.

Yes! Exactly!Wandering around in a desperate panic, trying to find the room! I still sometimes have that dream, too. Once in a while it is set at an unknown university. Usually it is the hallways of the middle school I attended, although in the dreams it is usually a high school or a college class.
Very fitting the school desk in the dungeon. I don't remember having dreams about school, not since I left anyway.

The tiki theme MH dolls were fun - they were released about the same time as the Shriek Wrecked line, but weren't connected to it, right?
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
(09-13-2018, 05:51 PM)Lejays17 Wrote: The tiki theme MH dolls were fun - they were released about the same time as the Shriek Wrecked line, but weren't connected to it, right?

I believe the Ghouls Getaway figures were one of the last of the "original style" lines to be released. Shriekwrecked was one of the first "reboot" lines. So while they lines were issued fairly close together chronologically, there was no direct link that I'm aware of.

Although it would have made a good storyline for the Shriekwrecked crew to encounter the cannibal cuties on a desert island!
[Image: sept13.jpg]
13 September – Miniature Barbie Dolls at the Family Dollar Store

Although the store is called Family Dollar, the mini Barbies cost four dollar apiece, so none of them came home with me.
Her eyes are a bit scary... I agree, these dolls aren't worth the price.
[Image: sept14.jpg]
14 September – Unboxing Day... Finally: Pullip Crimson Veritas and Pullip Laura

A few more photos:

[Image: sept14a.jpg]
Pullip Crimson Veritas

[Image: sept14b.jpg]
Pullip Laura

[Image: sept14c.jpg]
Pullip "Ars Gratia Artis Calendar

The calendar was a complete surprise. PullipStyle included it in the box with Crimson Veritas. The images are quite amusing: Pullip versions of famous paintings!
Veritas looks a little pissed that you left her in the box so long. Meanwhile, Laura looks worried that her hair is going to be permanently stuck that way.
Yay for being partially released! Laura always looks concerned, I think. Mine does anyway.

What a neat extra surprise. And it's a fun idea for a calendar too.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
They're finally free! ...Almost. I'm looking forward to more photos of these beauties!
Congrats on the 2 special Pullips! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with a new pirate in the crew.

Groove has teased us with a lot of those photos for a number of years. I believe the first Steampunk series calendars never showed up here until it was outdated and I never got one, so I was excited to receive one of these art themed ones as a contest prize at PUDDLE this year. And then I got another with a PS order. You either can never get the promo paper stuff or you get multiples of the same.
Woohoowoohoo we fiiiiinnnallly get to see them!
Congrats smile Looking forward to more of their photos.

(09-13-2018, 03:59 PM)davidd Wrote: Wandering around in a desperate panic, trying to find the room! Once in a while it is set at an unknown university. Usually it is the hallways of the middle school I attended...
Yes! And for good measure mine sometimes include trying to find a clean washroom frown

(09-15-2018, 01:09 PM)dargosmydaddy Wrote: Veritas looks a little pissed that you left her in the box so long. Meanwhile, Laura looks worried that her hair is going to be permanently stuck that way.
Haha. Good thing Veritas doesn't come with a sword, or she might stick you for not releasing her sooner XD
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]