davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
[Image: sept15.jpg]
15 September – Say whaaaaat? A Bob Hope GI Joe?

[Image: sept15a.jpg]
Maybe Bob Hope shoulda been cast as Indiana Jones!

I just found out that this figure, of comedian Bob Hope (who was most popular from the 1940s through the 1970s), was released by Hasbro/Kenner as part of the GI Joe line in 1998. I found one on eBay for less than twenty bucks, mint in box. Because, like... a Bob Hope GI Joe? How bizarre is that?

The box indicates Bob was part of the "Hollywood Heroes" line. From all that I can find, the "line" of Hollywood Heroes began and ended with Bob. I assume the idea was to release figures of other Hollywood actors and actresses who entertained the troops or otherwise contributed to the war effort over the years, but that does not appear to have happened.

The head sculpt of "Old Ski Nose" is a pretty good likeness, particularly for a "playline" figure. The uniform is of very good quality, including the faux-leather vinyl flight jacket (with real knitted cuffs). The pith helmet is nicely detailed, although it is a bit too large for the figure.
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
(09-16-2018, 02:28 PM)davidd Wrote: 15 September – Say whaaaaat? A Bob Hope GI Joe?
Hahaha XD LOL
I'm not sure it looks a whole lot like him? Moreso in the box photo, maybe.
And once again, I am bummed that there doesn't seem to be a Gene Kelly doll.
Anyway, now you have to do some pictures of him and Frank!
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
(09-16-2018, 03:02 PM)Alliecat Wrote: And once again, I am bummed that there doesn't seem to be a Gene Kelly doll.
Anyway, now you have to do some pictures of him and Frank!

Yes, there definitely needs to be a Gene Kelly figure to pal around with Frank, and a Bing Crosby to cross wits with Bob!
He looks neat! And yes to photos of him and Frank!
[Image: sept16.jpg]
16 September – Pullip Doll Eye Mechanism

This is what the eye mechanism, or "eye mech," from a Pullip doll looks like when removed from the doll's head.
Bob can always hang out in the bar with Frank Sinatra.
I was so scared I'm gonna mess up my doll when I first 'entered' her head and removed eye mech to change her eye chips (or rather to put the original ones back). But it was easier than I thought!
I love the Pinky school pic! I, too, still have school dreams, often coinciding with other classics like “forgot to wear pants” or “none of the bathrooms have doors.” smile

I was lucky in that I bought a MIO kit on the same day as my first Pullip, so I got to assemble an eyemech right off the back and was never all that daunted by them. The old, pre-wink bar ones drive me nuts though!
Quote:I was so scared I'm gonna mess up my doll when I first 'entered' her head and removed eye mech to change her eye chips (or rather to put the original ones back). But it was easier than I thought!

This was me, to the point that I swore I would never do it! But then I got a custom where the eyelashes dislodged in the package, and I was forced to open her up. So scary! But I'm so glad I did, because it wasn't so bad. Now I've changed at least a dozen pairs of eyechips. My biggest issue seems to be screws the refuse to unscrew, but I've even gotten better at that. (I've found doing it in hot weather helps!)
[Image: sept17.jpg]
17 September – Look Who Flew In Today!

The first of my two recent eBay Amelia purchases landed today!
Yay for growing Amelia army! And yay for more Pullip photos!
I'm still working up the courage to "scalp" one of my dolls so I can change her body ( she's a Type 2 & is suffering from a bit of melt).

All the things I read say ist easy, but I still need to be brave to do it LOL

Yay for another Amelia, and this one is freed from her boxy prison too!
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: sept18.jpg]
18 September – Pullip Amelia Dolls

sly Not exactly "twinning."

I was planning to shoot an adorably cute "twins" photo of these two Pullip Amelia dolls. But when I pulled Amelia No. 1 out of her box she wasn't wearing any clothes!
Oh My

It was late, I don't know exactly where her flight suit is, and I didn't feel like going out to the storage shed in the dark and rummaging around in the tubs using a flashlight, so this is what'cha get.
slash
They look like damsel in distress and her savior. Nice lighting!
she is the sweetest girl! i love my amelia so much. glad you manage to get a second one smile