davidd's A Doll A Day 2018
[Image: december12.jpg]
12 December – Another Adventure with Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin

With temperatures in the low 30s (0˙ C) and wind gusts up to 40mph/65kph, the weather today was less than pleasant at home.

But an hour and a half drive south and the day was suitable for t-shirts and shorts; sunny and warm with only a gentle breeze.

Needless to say, Yasmin was enthusiastic about getting out of town for the day and wandering around the deteriorating remains of an old motion picture set.

"Hey, Yas! Did you know Gary Cooper was in the movie they filmed here?"

"Uhm... never heard of him."

"Oh... and Rita Hayworth!"

"..."

"How about Tab Hunter? All the girls know Tab Hunter!"

"Not this girl."

"I'm grasping at straws by mentioning Dick York, then."

"Wait... what? DICK YORK from 'BEWITCHED' may have stood RIGHT HERE IN THIS VERY SPOT? Oh, wow! Now THAT is too cool!"
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Something's wrong with me. I don't know Dick York...

Great recycling of the derelict set!
[Image: december13.jpg]
13 December – Work in Progress: Smart Doll Scale Fireplace

Work in Progress: a Smart Doll scale fireplace.

I think it is too tall. The mantle should probably be just below shoulder height rather than just above. Maybe I can trim an inch off the bottom.

The chimney section above the mantle looks too narrow. It either needs to be wider or it needs to be "stepped."

The plastic bag over her head has nothing to do with what you guys are thinking! It's a practical safety consideration when in the proximity of glues and adhesives.
(12-14-2018, 04:06 AM)davidd Wrote: The plastic bag over her head has nothing to do with what you guys are thinking! It's a practical safety consideration when in the proximity of glues and adhesives.

LOLLOLLOL
I was thinking "poor girl", but it makes perfect sense to protect her from the glue / other messy stuff.

I agree withe the mantle being too high. An average-height person should be able to rest an elbow on it comfortably. (Or is that just me and our fireplace at home. I'll have to check my sisters one next week LOL)
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
Since fireplaces come in all different sizes and design styles, I think you can pretty much do what you want with the mantel. Depends whether you want it to really dominate your room set or not. Pretty sure the one in the house I grew up in was just about adult-shoulder-height.
A fun outdoor shot too, and again neat perspective. I had to look up Dick York too, but did recognize him when I saw a photo.
And you have no idea how envious you just made me, to learn you can drive from zero to shorts-&-t-shirts in an hour & a half Oh My
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
[Image: december14.jpg]
14 December – Another Hike with Bratz Selfie-Snaps Yasmin

Yasmin doesn't have a problem when the hiking trail is blocked by fallen boulders. She just walks right under them!

The weather was not quite as nice as it was a few days ago, but still good enough to get outside for a while.
Adventures of High-Heels-Hiker continue!
[Image: december15.jpg]
15 December – "We're on the Aisle of Misfit Toys"

The Aisle of Misfit Toys at a Family Dollar store. I felt so sad for them that I wanted to buy them all, especially the Monster High toys.
When I got home I checked the price of the Mega Bloks Beauty Salon. The price is ten dollars at the "dollar store," but only $4.81 on Amazon.
Haha, I had "Kerplunk" when I was little. I loved that game LOL
But how much is the shipping on Amazon?
Yasmin looks all set for adventure. I've climbed under a few trail-blocking trees...

[Edit: on a second look, noticed the photo title. HA! LOL ]
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
It's sad to see the last remnants of MH pushed aside like that [Image: t2307.gif]. But it's not surprising, the line has been dead for a long time now.
Love the jacket casually tied around her neck / shoulders - it reminds me a lot of bushwalks as a kid.

Sad shot of the misfit toys sad
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
[Image: december16.jpg]
16 December – Clean-Up Day

Not much of a photo today. I spent several hours trying to clear out and clean up an area in the storage shed so I will have space to actually set up some decent photos again.
And maybe a place to put those ginormous Smart Doll chairs.

I'm not done yet.
Oh, the big MH playset! I don't have room for such a thing, but if I had, I'd love to have my dolls displayed in it. And I like that lantern in the lower left corner!
(12-17-2018, 07:13 PM)neon_jellyfish Wrote: Oh, the big MH playset! I don't have room for such a thing, but if I had, I'd love to have my dolls displayed in it. And I like that lantern in the lower left corner!

I found the partial Monster High play set at a thrift store for one dollar, and the lantern I found at the rubbish dump for free! The little Bratz figure was also "rescued" from the dump. So yeah, "dumpster diving" and similar scroungy activities are the sources for many of my doll supplies.