Miss Edith's A Doll A Week 2018 I Hope
(02-19-2018, 02:42 PM)Miss Edith Wrote: Good lord, the words "you should enter a photo contest" & "me" never been considered before. I might just do that, I would never win but I am finding a growing amount of pleasure in having my collection admired. ... It's so much just to not be ashamed of my pics, I am very happy.

This is really exciting to hear (or read)! The Doll A Week Project is already having positive results! Doll photography (or any photography, I suppose) is largely a matter of practice, of finding out what works and what doesn't. It's also helpful to get pointers from others. I'm glad you're becoming more confident with your photos. You definitely have a wonderful collection, and it's great that you are now starting to feel comfortable enough with your photography that you can share photos of some of your treasures!
They're not dolls, they're action figures!
Oh, she's a gorgeous dal with a fantastic dress & hairdo!
At least the ship is more hygienic to wear than the live birds in a cage LOL

That's excellent you are feeling more confident in your photo taking, and it's lovely to see your collection.
Like davidd says, it's a matter of practice & find what works for you.
My Girls: Alice Mint du Jardine (Lottie), Brand New Purrezza (Amelia), Ayanamei Rei (Evie), Princess Ann/Roman Holiday (Kit), Aquel (Becky), Scarlet (Izzy), Meg (Jo-Meg), Laura (Antimony), Nahh-Ato (Shala), Chicca (Maeve), Peter Pan (Meredith), VeryBerryPop (Daisy), SDCC2016 Wonder Woman (Diana), Taffy (Tansy), Amelia (Beatrice), Steampunk Cheshire Cat (Antoinette), Arietta (Ashli), Naoko (Zoey), Mocha MIO (Nyxie), Steampunk Mad Hatter (Hattie), Sapphire Princess Knight (Roni), Steampunk Alice (Lizette), Asoka Sorayu (Nova), Steampunk Taeyang Dodo (Theodore), Steampunk Isul White Rabbit (Finn), Tiphona (Felicity), Anthy Himemiya (Ester), Mocha MIO (honey), Alte (Bethan)
thankyou davidd & Lejays smile Heart 2
Arashi N&B - Rayne N&B - Alfred
That wig is to die for!
I apologise for my silence & the lateness of photos. Got some shit happening, I can't concentrate on anything :/ I have focussed on sorting & pulling out a heap of dolls to sell. That's mechanical & also, when I am deep in a depression I am more likely to sell a decent amount. It's like "yeah get rid of her".

I owe a photo for last week & this week to be caught up. I am going to be snapping sales pics so I will sneak a couple of family members in to be shown off,

xxx
so so sorry (that's all I seem to be saying lately)

I look forward to catching up with everyone's photos and posting my own :/ I have one to add now to start clearing the backlog.

This Barbie was a Halloween girl, I fell in love with her gorgeous face, her SOFT hair & widow's peak & the dress. So, everything really smile

[Image: 26849635998_81f05f051b_h.jpg]barb3 by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr
OOh! That "Halloween Barbie" is gorgeous! Or... gore-geous! Her "Dracula's Daughter" widow's peak is super cool!
Oooh, she's pretty. I can see why you liked her.
Thinking of you and hoping things go better soon Heart 2
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
She's very pretty! I usually only see the caucasian Halloween Barbies around in the stores near me.
Love her dress!
She's really pretty! smile
these 3 photos were taken over the weekend to catch me up. I will be back to snapping on the correct day after this (I HOPE)

[Image: 25885995287_0c06f5003a_b.jpg]ff5 by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr
week 9 - I picked up this Frankie recently. She was cheap & in perfect condition & when you press her tummy her facial skeleton & upper torso light up.
I tried forever but couldn't get a pic, she only lights up for a few seconds. So because the photos were blurred from trying to light her up, I played filters in psp & this one is pretty, I think.

[Image: 25886004437_43cb9f1af3_b.jpg]lemon by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr
week 10 - Strawberry Shortcake Baby Blow Kisses Lemon Meringue - I adore this girl & her sister Apricot. I want to rebody them on something similar to an Animators' body. That remains to be seen though.

[Image: 40046801524_246da77db4_b.jpg]bn3 by Mz Black Widow, on Flickr
week 11 - I bought this cute Russian mama cat recently. I was looking at her and suddenly she brought my mum to mind. She had a black cat who lived til over 20. Because of a long story, I had a cousin who lived with us every school holidays because her mum worked full time. She christened my mum Bubba Neeny. There is actually a good reason but won't bore you (MORE Tongue ) so this little kitty is Bubba Neeny forever more Heart 2

and I am back - all caught up Whacked
Yay, I'm glad to see you back smile The story about your mum doesn't sound boring... the kitty is funny. Rebodying that type of doll would be interesting... I wouldn't have thought of that, but I suppose it must be no less do-able than for other dolls?
I'd try setting the camera timer, and then counting down till the last couple of seconds to light Frankie up. If the timer-beeping changes tone for the last 3 seconds or so (some do) then that would be helpful.
[Image: 52753689362_648099ee70_o.jpg]
[Image: 52754230731_a6068b46d4_o.jpg][Image: 50534896333_d4a2b8e718_o.jpg][Image: 52754472289_1f6d6c34b1_o.jpg][Image: 49782607208_b108a0ee26_o.jpg]
Oooh! The Frankie Stein with the light-up skeleton was my favorite of the "Ghouls Alive" figures!

That cat has some serious attitude going on.
I love that kitty, and love the fact you call her after your mother!